Series Discussion Western Conference Finals: Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights | STARS WIN 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oh boy. This is gonna be a much tougher challenge than Colorado. Was really hoping the Canucks could steal that one

Playing a team that is literally all around better than us is scary...and the goaltending is now no longer in our favor even if Khudobin was winning he was pretty shaky at times

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Vegas was the better team. Canucks looked out of gas in this game .

Going to be interesting to see how both Stars and Vegas look. How much energy did their respective 7 game series take out of each team ?

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Lehner and Fleury gonna be a little upgrade over the goalies we’ve seen this far lol

Reactions: Satan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Vegas was the better team. Canucks looked out of gas in this game .

Going to be interesting to see how both Stars and Vegas look. How much energy did their respective 7 game series take out of each team ?

Honestly it's probably a bit energizing to win these. Vegas seems a bit more like relief though. But I have no doubt they'll be on their game every game for 60 minutes. Dallas is going to have to respond accordingly. None of this taking a period or two off. If we do, it'll be a short series.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gonna be a tough one, but who knows. We were never supposed to beat the Avs and yet here we are.

Yes that's true, however Vegas is much better than the Avs imo. Super deep team and can easily match/top our size and easily tops our speed

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The biggest thing is the effort. Vegas doesn't take a single shift off. I'm not sure a good chunk of our forwards are prepared to do the same.

Yup. They're super determined every single shift, and their depth guys are skilled (outside of Reaves obv)

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The biggest thing is the effort. Vegas doesn't take a single shift off. I'm not sure a good chunk of our forwards are prepared to do the same.

They're whiners though and incredibly cocky so you can throw them off their game ( which the Canucks did ) and also their offensive takes a ton of horrible shots with barely anyone looking for tips. Demkos was great but Vegas also made him look even better with questionable shot selection.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think this is a 50 50 series.

Vegas is deeper but they absolutely do not have anyone near what Mackinnon was doing out there.

Does anyone else tbink Hintz looked so much better as a centre today? Was a visible prescence and controlled some break outa.

Even if we keep the same lines i think put Dickinson to wing and Hintz back to the open spaces at centre.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think this is a 50 50 series.

Vegas is deeper but they absolutely do not have anyone near what Mackinnon was doing out there.

Does anyone else tbink Hintz looked so much better as a centre today? Was a visible prescence and controlled some break outa.

Even if we keep the same lines i think put Dickinson to wing and Hintz back to the open spaces at centre.

Well the line was Kiviranta-Hintz-Gurianov ( who scored all 3 even strength goals ) . So no Dickie ain't playing wing there. 4th line today was the missfit toys of Dickie-Seguin-Perry today.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Well the line was Kiviranta-Hintz-Gurianov ( who scored all 3 even strenth goals ) . So no Dickie ain't playing wing there. 4th line today was the missfit toys of Dickie-Seguin-Perry today.

Sorry i misspoke..

I meant if they revert back to the standard lines that we saw most of series then it would be Hintz-Dickinson-Perry. So if that happened id want Hintz to centre that line.

Im not sure if they stick with those lines from tonight or not.

Perhaps because the instant chemisty they stick with it and juggle the rest...

Cogliano in for Janmark.

Benn-Seguin-Perry
Kiviranta-Hintz-Gurianov
Dickinson-Pavelski-Radulov
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We'll have to see in what shape both Cogliano and Janmark are on sunday. If neither can go i think they should probably dress Dellandrea. He can play a checking line role and he's a higher upside guy. Would also be ok with Caamano . Dowling would be the most meh option they have.

Whatever happens since Kivi stays in at least one of Cogs and Janny ain't playing on sunday .

Just throw in all the young quick legs as replacement options. The team has plenty of veteran guys even with a couple injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
We'll have to see in what shape both Cogliano and Janmark are on sunday. If neither can go i think they should probably dress Dellandrea. He can play a checking line role and he's a higher upside guy. Would also be ok with Caamano . Dowling would be the most meh option they have.

Whatever happens since Kivi stays in at least one of Cogs and Janny ain't playing on sunday .

Just throw in all the young quick legs as replacement options. The team has plenty of veteran guys even with a couple injury.

I totally agree it should be Dellandrea or Caamano in if both those guys can't go, but that may be asking too much of Bowness and Nill. :laugh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team went out of its way to pick every higher end prospect they had available for the black aces instead of more experienced minor league guys . The coaching staff has got to make use of that when injuries hit. Hanley and Fedun i get for the #6 role thats a waste for Harley but on forward the team has good prospects who can play a checking line role very well.

Hell both Dellandrea and Caamano also play with an edge which might help against Vegas.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Vegas will be a lot easier to shut down and get back to our defensive hockey instead of this wide open, 40 shot games, with goals every 2 minutes back and forth.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Vegas will be a lot easier to shut down and get back to our defensive hockey instead of this wide open, 40 shot games, with goals every 2 minutes back and forth.
Stars definitely need to remember how to defend the way they did in the regular season. They also need to not forget how to score goals the way they have in the playoffs. Put those together and I like our chances.

Agree that playing Vegas could make it easier for the Stars to find their defensive game. But it's also going to be much harder to score 5 goals a game. Getting a 100% Bishop back would be nice but that seems unlikely to happen by tomorrow.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Will we have a back to game in this series? And if we do, do we play Bishop again even if he is still hurt or give Otter a shot?

If Bishop is still as injured as we was during his last outing, we might as well play Otter. We will likely lose either way but this playoffs has been full of surprises, might as well give the kid a chance to surprise everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad