Series Discussion Western Conference Finals: Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights | STARS WIN 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

No info on Johns? Not sure if that's good or bad. Getting Johns back into the lineuo would really help the Stars to find their defensive game.

Also, if Bishop is out for the series then they have to start Oettinger in one of the games. You can't always score 5 goals just because Khudobin keeps on giving up 3+ goals each game. That has to stop at some point and won't work long term.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Too bad Reaves couldn't be suspended the rest of the playoffs. Scum player.

I agree but Vegas might actually be tougher to beat without Reaves. There's not much Reaves can do if you just ignore and skate past him. He's not fast or mobile enough to do damage if you don't engage with him. Just gotta keep your head up and take advantage of him.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I agree but Vegas might actually be tougher to beat without Reaves. There's not much Reaves can do if you just ignore and skate past him. He's not fast or mobile enough to do damage if you don't engage with him. Just gotta keep your head up and take advantage of him.
Ignore him and skate fast, but he's a headhunter, he's the type that would board/clip Miro

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Ignore him and skate fast, but he's a headhunter, he's the type that would board/clip Miro

Yeah, but he's not effective if you ignore him. Hardly ever catches anyone. Keep your head up when he's on the ice and not a lot can happen.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No info on Johns? Not sure if that's good or bad. Getting Johns back into the lineuo would really help the Stars to find their defensive game.

Also, if Bishop is out for the series then they have to start Oettinger in one of the games. You can't always score 5 goals just because Khudobin keeps on giving up 3+ goals each game. That has to stop at some point and won't work long term.
I’d say the fact Johns’s name doesn’t even come up any longer should tell you he’s done.

The thing to watch for is back to backs. What does Bowness do if another back to back appears on the schedule for this series.

Reactions: LT

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I’d say the fact Johns’s name doesn’t even come up any longer should tell you he’s done.

The thing to watch for is back to backs. What does Bowness do if another back to back appears on the schedule for this series.

That would make it an easy decision but Khudobin is already a problem. Difficult to score 4-6 goals against Vegas 4 out of 7 times just because your goalie gives up 3+ every game.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
That would make it an easy decision but Khudobin is already a problem. Difficult to score 4-6 goals against Vegas 4 out of 7 times just because your goalie gives up 3+ every game.

Its not a given Khudobin is going to give up 3 or 4 again.

Vegas are good but they are way different to the animal we just faced. They are not near as explosive.

I think we are better suited to this battle, to reign in better defense.

I see a few 3-2, 2-1 games....maybe 1 or 2 games see 4 or 5.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Finally no more back to backs. Times are also fine. I can take 2am without having to sleep before that.

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m super amped for this matchup. Stars are my favourite team and the Knights are my favourite team to watch. I have a good feeling about whoever wins this one takes home the cup

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Finally no more back to backs. Times are also fine. I can take 2am without having to sleep before that.

Also interesting to see the Stars series get more big time NBC games in the first four. You’d think they’d be heavily pushing the NY team, but they’re actually relegating the NY team to the USA network for a game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also interesting to see the Stars series get more big time NBC games in the first four. You’d think they’d be heavily pushing the NY team, but they’re actually relegating the NY team to the USA network for a game.

If it was the Rangers yes but the Isles ? I don't think so.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It always happens ... I'm sure an asshat is going to pull viewership numbers for Thursday's game when Dallas is going head to head against the Cheifs and the opening of the NFL season. This will be the first time against NFL while in the playoffs, but some clown locally normally does it with the Rangers.

The other series has a pretty tough drawing going against Sunday afternoon NFL including Brady's debut as a Buc.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tickets are available now. 100% free. Got mine already for games 3 and 4, not much left at all. Games 5-7 not available yet

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Its not a given Khudobin is going to give up 3 or 4 again.

Vegas are good but they are way different to the animal we just faced. They are not near as explosive.

I think we are better suited to this battle, to reign in better defense.

I see a few 3-2, 2-1 games....maybe 1 or 2 games see 4 or 5.

Called it with the defensive low scoring affair early. Khudobin great.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By the way, I believe the winner of the Masterton will be announced tomorrow.

I'd suspect Lindblom will win but at least Johns got nominated. Tough to see him out right now with basically the same issue he's being nominated for fighting through though.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Klingberg is just money. I could really see him being a Stars lifer- banner and all.
And Oleksiak has really come into his own, too. Our boys are making me so proud.

e58e1b7f0bb04833400afce8aec463d6.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
What happened with Bowness, or generally our coaching staff? Bowness looked like he was way over his head in HC position in regular season and now is making some pretty smart decisions in these playoffs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What happened with Bowness, or generally our coaching staff? Bowness looked like he was way over his head in HC position in regular season and now is making some pretty smart decisions in these playoffs.

I don't think Bowness had much time to adjust anything on the team after he took over from Monty so he continued to roll with the system Monty build . During the break it seems he and the assistants made some adjustments that had been neccessary for a while but they just didn't have to time to put into place while playing basically a game every 2 days.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i'm more than midly annoyed by the broadcasting team(s) suggesting a collision course between Benn and Reaves. No . I don't care what Reaves does and that Jamie is not the Jamie Benn of 5 years ago . A top 6 forward can't engage with a 4th liner playing less than 10 minutes a night . I would think and hope Jamie knows that as well.

If Reaves does anything the Stars need to take runs Vegas skill players and completely ignore Reaves after the whistle like he doesn't even exist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad