Series Discussion Western Conference Finals: Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights | STARS WIN 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I would think NOW there will be no more back to backs but i thought that about round 2 as well and i was wrong about that as well. The fact the players striked for 2 days probably made this more manageable though.

We'll see.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
My lineup if I was coach would be something along the lines of the below and just roll em. The only thing I would really like to see Bones do is take Perry out the lineup because my god, he’s brutal. Takes costly penalties and just can’t skate anymore. We can’t hide him either need to be able to roll 4 lines.

Benn - Faksa - Comeau
Kivi - Hintz - Guri
JRob - Pavs - Rads
Janny/Camano - Dicky - Segs

To the moon= Corey perry

Reactions: MilesNewton

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That third line looks like a bad idea. Can't skate well enough for todays game. Vegas is also really fast. I don't like that line.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Yes hard to argue about that, but I’d love to see some guys like JRob, Camano, Dellandrea get in the lineup. For all the crying about injuries by Avs fans, it might actually be good to have those fresh healthy scratches come in for a game or two and allow some extra rest for your regulars. Especially if your regulars are guys like Janmark, Cogs, Perry, etc

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know this is mostly meant as a joke by the Sportsnet guys here but Perry is in the lineup for some very specific things . Be an all around asshole to the other team and cause havoc around the net . Thats it. He's allways the forward with the last amount of icetime too. He's in there because in certain situations he's still the shitbird Corey Perry we all hated when he was with the Ducks .

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I am pretty sure Bishop is out for the series. Obviously a lingering injury or past injury that has flared up again.
What does everyone think of Seguin play? He seems invisible on the ice but I would assume he is actively doing the little things however Vegas is such a heavy team it will be interesting to see if Stars can stay healthy throughout this series.

FeedDaPuck

Mar 17, 2008
Everywhere
lots of players got IV'ed up after the game. Mood – they love it. This is an interesting team. Key word: "team". 91 is pissed with his demotion. But everyone is happy w it

FeedDaPuck

Mar 17, 2008
Everywhere
I am pretty sure Bishop is out for the series. Obviously a lingering injury or past injury that has flared up again.
What does everyone think of Seguin play? He seems invisible on the ice but I would assume he is actively doing the little things however Vegas is such a heavy team it will be interesting to see if Stars can stay healthy throughout this series.
Bishop will not play this year. Dobby will deal with any injury. (I will disclose more after the season is over about Dobby)

Reactions: sportswastaken

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
This is going to be a hard series. We need Bishop back and playing like last years playoff Bishop, but that doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen

Bad news is Vegas is overall better then Colorado, good news is they don’t have MacKinnon at least

Go Green!

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Bishop will not play this year. Dobby will deal with any injury. (I will disclose more after the season is over about Dobby)
Bishops injury some say lingering some say major will be interesting to see what the Stars do next year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But you can tell Dobby is also dealing with something. He looks different ingame than he normally does. Still battling and all but something seems to be bothering him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also injured wrist or not ( thats what the Avs guy who was in the bubble said he saw ) Seguin has to find a way to contribute on the scoreboard more. He just has to otherwise he leaves the coaching staff no choice but to demote him and play other guys more.

Reactions: MilesNewton and LT

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Also injured wrist or not ( thats what the Avs guy who was in the bubble said he saw ) Seguin has to find a way to contribute on the scoreboard more. He just has to otherwise he leaves the coaching staff no choice but to demote him and play other guys more.

Yep. Play better. Produce or you get demoted. Pretty sure he's got some kind of injury and will not be surprised if he has surgery after playoffs.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
At this point, although it’s no guarantee by any means, I imagine that most SCP “final four” series are (historically?) pretty evenly matched. I’m usually not too homer’ish, but I think the Stars at this point have a pretty good shot at advancing. They have strengths and weaknesses, just like the VGK do. The Stars are the clear underdog, but that seems to work better for them, as well as for us fans and our expectations.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Assuming Janmark plays, and knowing Cogs is out

Benn-Faksa-Comeau (goes against the Stone line, physically wears them down early )

JFK-Hintz-Gurianov (probably the best line to go against thr Karlsson line and still generate offense with speed)

Janmark-Pavelski-Radulov (A line that seems to have some chemistry in the past, rads and Pav work well together)

Dickinson-Seguin-Perry (will probably get 4th line mins as all 3 players arent generating much, but a line that could chop and change depeding on situation)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Assuming Janmark plays, and knowing Cogs is out

Benn-Faksa-Comeau (goes against the Stone line, physically wears them down early )

JFK-Hintz-Gurianov (probably the best line to go against thr Karlsson line and still generate offense with speed)

Janmark-Pavelski-Radulov (A line that seems to have some chemistry in the past, rads and Pav work well together)

Dickinson-Seguin-Perry (will probably get 4th line mins as all 3 players arent generating much, but a line that could chop and change depeding on situation)

Hintz line will no doubt go up against the Tuch line imo. Size and speed on both sides

Also I think Karlsson plays on the Stone line now with Pacioretty. Checking line will be a good matchup there as you said.

Perry vs 4th line for sure I agree, then put Pavelski vs Smith line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad