GDT: Western Conference Final - Game 4: Ducks @ Hawks| 7 p.m. CDT 5/23/15 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Man so many ripping Hawks and this 4.5 D crap, yeah we wish we had 2 more good D (what team wouldn't) but 3, Keith, Seabs & Hammer are very much top ones for most if not all teams.

Hawks have to do what they have to do to continue on, etc. make do.

Fans of other teams so dang jealous, can't blame them i guess :p:

The issue with only have 4 or 4.5 D is ice time for your top guys. Lots of ice time against a big hitting team line Anaheim takes its toll in a long series.

More importantly, it leads to fatigue. Fatigue leads to goals against. I think that's what we say in the 3rd.

Most 5/6 D men aren't gonna light up the world, but they at least can eat up quality minutes against the other team's 4th line. That just isn't happening with the Hawks. No other choice.

thunderchief1994

Mar 13, 2011
I told ya, you could do it.

Great game last night boys. Thought you'd get a kick out another board (Rangers-Not HF) following your game. Yes, we are all on the Chicago side.

Holy crap, what was a tight game being owned by Chicago, they blew the game open 3-1 in the 3rd and it looked like the series was going to be tied.

And then less than a minute later the Ducks responded with 3 quick goals in 37 seconds to take the lead.

Three goals in 37 seconds. Unbelievable. And somehow not a playoff record.

a slow-roller 5 =hole PP goal by the other $10M man Kane ties the game back up.

Gotta love playoff hockey.

And now Chicago has tied it! And we thought Game 3 of NYR-Tampa was nuts

Crazy game. Thought Chi had it locked. Yikes.

My Favorite:
The only way this game gets better is if it goes 4 OT's, Hawks win and Doc and Pierre lose their voices.

This game is certainly not boring, what action

That was some shot by Vermette

We have another tied series.

congrats chicago!

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Why do people dislike Doc? I think he's great.

Pierre? He's fine. It's obvious that the players and coaches like him. Hell, the only 'sideline' guy that gets called by name by everyone he interviews.

Pierre: 'thanks for doing this, player XYZ'
Player: 'thanks Pierre'

Or Q: 'you betcha'

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Has BWC been posting at all during the game this evening? I bet he's cursing somewhere since Vermette got the goal in OT. :laugh:

I am actually happy that for once Vermette showed up

Pissed of course with D situation (#44 :shakehead) and #29 who at this point should never play another game for Hawks again

Hawks have alot to clean up before game 5. Hopefully the offensive production carries over (And not the D)

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.

Pierre? He's fine. It's obvious that the players and coaches like him. Hell, the only 'sideline' guy that gets called by name by everyone he interviews.

NBC doesn't realize what a treasure it has in Doc. No one calls a game in any sport like him. Classy, smart funny and self depricating. In the playoffs I want nobody but Doc calling our games (after Foley's done). I've also come to admire Pierre. Yes he's creepy but the man works really hard. Much better than that idiot Engblom.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I am actually happy that for once Vermette showed up

Pissed of course with D situation (#44 :shakehead) and #29 who at this point should never play another game for Hawks again

Hawks have alot to clean up before game 5. Hopefully the offensive production carries over (And not the D)

.... and the agenda continues. It's getting very old.

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs

I like Doc a lot too. He makes the game exciting, and his use of vivid language during the game is great. He also has some very funny one-liners.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What a perfect finish. I was, as it seems most of you were, so pissed the second I saw the lineup for last game. Hopefully the only roster management Q does now is possibly jumbling the top 2 lines to try and get something going if need be.

On a sidenote, I watched the CBC stream instead of NBC tonight, and my lord it was 100X better. Absolutely outstanding in every aspect. If you have the option I definitely recommend it.

I thought about switching to NBC for the game .... nah.

thunderchief1994

Mar 13, 2011

Pierre? He's fine. '

I don't mind Doc but my board calls him screech. They get upset how he has a stroke making an icing call or some other routine play. It most likely stems from when he called the NJ games and was broadcasting for the enemy.

We perceive Pierre as a Ranger hater and puts them down with regularity. Same as Milbury in our book.

Anyway, you guys gave us a good show last night and best of luck in game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad