GDT: Western Conference Final - Game 4: Ducks @ Hawks| 7 p.m. CDT 5/23/15 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Has BWC been posting at all during the game this evening? I bet he's cursing somewhere since Vermette got the goal in OT. :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
TVR is ready? Didn't he break his wrist. How long ago was that?

He's cleared and practicing with the Black Aces, but I'd be pretty surprised if he saw game time before the SCF if we get that far.

He's nowhere near game speed.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Man so many ripping Hawks and this 4.5 D crap, yeah we wish we had 2 more good D (what team wouldn't) but 3, Keith, Seabs & Hammer are very much top ones for most if not all teams.

Hawks have to do what they have to do to continue on, etc. make do.

Fans of other teams so dang jealous, can't blame them i guess :p:

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Ah true. Would be nice but i'm guessing he'd be getting around the same amount of minutes as Timonen

I think if he gets played, his minutes are going to be solely dictated by how well he does. If he comes out storming, he's going to get a decent chunk. If he's a dumpster fire, he's going to get sheltered.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
I think if he gets played, his minutes are going to be solely dictated by how well he does. If he comes out storming, he's going to get a decent chunk. If he's a dumpster fire, he's going to get sheltered.

True. At least it would give them another option if needed.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
What a perfect finish. I was, as it seems most of you were, so pissed the second I saw the lineup for last game. Hopefully the only roster management Q does now is possibly jumbling the top 2 lines to try and get something going if need be.

On a sidenote, I watched the CBC stream instead of NBC tonight, and my lord it was 100X better. Absolutely outstanding in every aspect. If you have the option I definitely recommend it.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
:5:

One good thing Kings fans and Hawks fans agree on (besides trading off cup wins) is seeing the Ducks lose.

I like to visualize our teams as playing keep-away from the rest of the league, with everyone else in the middle futilely trying to grab the cup as it sails over their heads.

If that comes to an end, we can move on to stop-punching-yourselves.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So now I expect us to get blown out in game 5 in ANH.

1. We all know the Hawks losing record in games after OT wins in playoffs...

2. They will have their home crowd and will not want to lose and face elimination back in Chicago in game 6.
So they will be super-charged in urgency to win this game.

3. We were holding on on fumes in the 1st OT in game 4...Dominated and out-score 17-5...They looked like they were less tired than us..I just do not know if we are able to recover to compete for this next game...

BUT...there is one hope...as we know ,statistically Kane is his most productive in playoffs in games 5-7...If the Ducks do finally show evidence of tiring too...and you expect that should happen to all teams late in a hard-fought series of about 16 periods....then you expect the heavier players to tire most and ANH is a big heavy team mostly...it is then that the hits should decline as energy declines and that is when Kane really can take over games ...so we shall see...but I just do not know if that happens as soon as game or only really takes effect in game 6 and 7..

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Cumiskey has been good imo.

And good for Vermette. I bet Q feels like an idiot for his game 3 lineup.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Cumiskey has been good imo.

And good for Vermette. I bet Q feels like an idiot for his game 3 lineup.

He's been quite good and it doesn't look like his partner(s) are worried about covering up for him.

His outlets last night were excellent in fact. I like his speed and quick ups on the tape.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
So now I expect us to get blown out in game 5 in ANH.

1. We all know the Hawks losing record in games after OT wins in playoffs...

2. They will have their home crowd and will not want to lose and face elimination back in Chicago in game 6.
So they will be super-charged in urgency to win this game.

3. We were holding on on fumes in the 1st OT in game 4...Dominated and out-score 17-5...They looked like they were less tired than us..I just do not know if we are able to recover to compete for this next game...

BUT...there is one hope...as we know ,statistically Kane is his most productive in playoffs in games 5-7...If the Ducks do finally show evidence of tiring too...and you expect that should happen to all teams late in a hard-fought series of about 16 periods....then you expect the heavier players to tire most and ANH is a big heavy team mostly...it is then that the hits should decline as energy declines and that is when Kane really can take over games ...so we shall see...but I just do not know if that happens as soon as game or only really takes effect in game 6 and 7..

Didn't somebody say the Hawks are 16-0 in games after they are 2-2 in a series under Quenneville? I'll take a wild stab and guess that the Hawks win on Monday.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
The scoring on Vermy's GW goal.

They said for the longest time that Sharp got the only assist but as I watched the replay Teravainen passed to AV who passed it to Sharp who passed it back to AV who scored so I couldn't understand it.

Now looking at the box I see Teravainen was added with a second helper.

I'm glad because I REALLY like this kid. He's good in his own and, has great vision, shows this moment isn't too big for him and I love his sneaky shot.

Can't wait to watch this kid continue to develop in the years to come!

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
scPWGUx.jpg

LOL @ the fan in the background. How many beers is that? 19? 20? Someone was having a good time. :laugh::handclap:

19 beers x 8 per beer plus a buck tip here and there. $171.

1st Row Seats - $750

Seeing a double OT Hawks winner on a Saturday holiday night versus a Tuesday? Priceless.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, the UC stops selling beer at the 10 minute mark on the clock in the 3rd period if I remember correctly.

Isn't that what college kids do? The whole 'look at me, I stacked the cups'.

I sure hope that dude took an Uber home.

But I see 20 beers and I see 'has to piss like 15 times' - which means you can't get to our seat until a stoppage in action. I've missed a LOT of hockey at games at the UC being 'stuck' in the tunnels waiting to get back to my seat after braving a long pisser line.

Dude was probably rocking a colostomy bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad