GDT: Western Conference Final - Game 4: Ducks @ Hawks| 7 p.m. CDT 5/23/15 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Ducks board is good for a laugh. People saying that if the Hawks go on to win the Cup it will be viewed as tainted :laugh:

What in the world did the refs do that is so egregious? The only thing I can recall is when he collided with the defender on the Saad goal.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It's pretty insane. Down 3-0? Give up 3 goals in 37 seconds? Triple OT with 4.5 defensemen? Somehow they still win.

I will admit I thought it was over after the 37 seconds thing. Happy to be wrong.

4.5?

I think that's fair. Cuminskey is .5 of an NHL D Men. Kimo is 0. So, yes.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Omg just seen the replay at the end of regulation when Crawford swung his stick at the Anaheim guy. Didn't realize that shot went off the crossbar, man if that went in Crow would have been crucified......

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
@MarkPotash: The #Blackhawks are 16-0 in games after a series is tied 2-2 under Joel Quenneville —*8-0 on the road; 8-0 at home.

Lets hope we can keep those stats perfect, really could not stomach losing to Kesler and Perry both those guys are such dicks. That tackle and stick chokehold on Kruger was brutal.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
It's pretty insane. Down 3-0? Give up 3 goals in 37 seconds? Triple OT with 4.5 defensemen? Somehow they still win.

I will admit I thought it was over after the 37 seconds thing. Happy to be wrong.

I think you meant up 3 - 1...but yeah is crazy.

As pathetic as the Hawks play sometimes they just never, ever quit...is a very special group win Cup or not.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Toews and Vermette at the podium.

I swear Vermette is Ashton Kutcher's long lost, jacked up French twin brother.

I think he looks a lot like Seabrook - who looks a lot like the guy from Hunger Games.

Oh, and he's not French. He's franco-Canadian. Big difference. I have a good friend who is from France (Cannes) and he loses his shib when you call Quebecois 'French'.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I think he looks a lot like Seabrook - who looks a lot like the guy from Hunger Games.

Oh, and he's not French. He's franco-Canadian. Big difference. I have a good friend who is from France (Cannes) and he loses his shib when you call Quebecois 'French'.

Liam Hemsworth? :laugh: Seabrook wishes.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The Ducks could easily have swept this series. Hopefully they realize that and start to gag like they have in years past

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Its like that everywhere I have checked (hf, twitter)

In what way?

If you play the way Anaheim does, you are going to get a lot of calls against. Stop the after the whistle crap and you won't get called.

Anaheim got a gift. They should have been called for at trip on the OT PP, giving the Hawks a 5-3. Refs swallowed the whistle.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
ya they do look a lot alike....

Dude looks like Ashton Kutcher. ls a pro athlete. Makes a lot of money. Has a fancy pants Frenchy (well, Quebecois really) accent.

So, I think what we are saying is that he must have a really hard time getting the hotties.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
What in the world did the refs do that is so egregious? The only thing I can recall is when he collided with the defender on the Saad goal.

And that's no one's fault. It's hockey. Every team gets screwed by a puck or player hitting a ref at least once a season.

As Kaner would say 'That's hockey baby!'

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
In what way?

If you play the way Anaheim does, you are going to get a lot of calls against. Stop the after the whistle crap and you won't get called.

Anaheim got a gift. They should have been called for at trip on the OT PP, giving the Hawks a 5-3. Refs swallowed the whistle.

yep! I had boob tube muted again and Troy agreed.

By the way that's my OT good luck charm, only loss is to LA when tube muted in OT and John & Troy on.

Crow

May 19, 2014

He is French. Your friend is extremely French.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
pretty much. Q threw away a huge game for no reason. Teuvo and Vermette have been very good. I'm sure they would've been good in Game 3 too. Maybe we win that one idk. Huge win tonight though.

Could have very well been. Yes, they didn't score, but the Ducks only scored 2 goals.

The issue was face offs. Vermette leading the team in face offs. Take that away and Anaheim wins more faceoffs. Both goals were with a) Nordstrom on the ice and b) after lost offensive zone face offs.

So, hmmm....

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
And that's no one's fault. It's hockey. Every team gets screwed by a puck or player hitting a ref at least once a season.

As Kaner would say 'That's hockey baby!'

Last seasons WCF against LA, hit Linesman's skate along boards, Kings then proceed to score an important goal.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Could have very well been. Yes, they didn't score, but the Ducks only scored 2 goals.

The issue was face offs. Vermette leading the team in face offs. Take that away and Anaheim wins more faceoffs. Both goals were with a) Nordstrom on the ice and b) after lost offensive zone face offs.

So, hmmm....

And he broke up our 3rd and 4th lines who have probably been our best two lines. In the past now but this was a much needed win. And a good confidence booster for Vermette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad