West Division Final Game #1. Avs host Vegas. Wedding Party in Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I figured it would be more competitive than the Blues because any team should be more competitive than that... guess not.
Teams that get 9 minute power plays (was not aware that could even happen, never seen before) will be tough to beat but unless Vegas gets Covid I expect them to easily bounce back and take it to Avs. They are the better roster overall and not reliant on 1 line or PPs to get the job done for them.

I do wonder why MAF did not start tonight, hope it is not injury related. Lehner is not a good goaltender IMO.

Reactions: avsfan09

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Teams that get 9 minute power plays (was not aware that could even happen, never seen before) will be tough to beat but unless Vegas gets Covid I expect them to easily bounce back and take it to Avs. They are the better roster overall and not reliant on 1 line or PPs to get the job done for them.

I do wonder why MAF did not start tonight, hope it is not injury related. Lehner is not a good goaltender IMO.

What was the score when they got the power play? 6-1? What was the 5 vs 5 score tonight? I'll give you time to count that high.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
After watching this game, I think Cale Makar will be a top 10 player in the NHL very soon.

And the Avs have Byram and all the other young D, this is unfair.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
What was the score when they got the power play? 6-1? What was the 5 vs 5 score tonight? I'll give you time to count that high.
I didn't watch the game until I saw Twitter whining about a hit on Janmark so when I turned it on it was already like 5-0 or something like that. BTW that hit on Janmark while a bit late was a big NOTHING burger too, just like the whole Reaves scrum. That is called PLAYOFF HOCKEY ladies and gents.

But looking at the box score, looks like the token Avs game where they got all their offense from PP or their top line. It is no secret how to beat them and if you think they are gonna go through 4 teams by playing like that, have fun thinking that lol.

I personally think TB is the best team in the league and the dirtier and longer this series goes, it only helps them out more. I hope this series goes 7.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I didn't watch the game until I saw Twitter whining about a hit on Janmark so when I turned it on it was already like 5-0 or something like that. BTW that hit on Janmark while a bit late was a big NOTHING burger too, just like the whole Reaves scrum. That is called PLAYOFF HOCKEY ladies and gents.

But looking at the box score, looks like the token Avs game where they got all their offense from PP or their top line. It is no secret how to beat them and if you think they are gonna go through 4 teams by playing like that, have fun thinking that lol.

I personally think TB is the best team in the league and the dirtier and longer this series goes, it only helps them out more. I hope this series goes 7.

Show me on the doll where the Avs hurt you.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO

You don't watch a lot of hockey, do you? I mean I know Vegas fans are known for being clueless, but the Avs the MUCH better team on paper and in reality.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
You don't watch a lot of hockey, do you? I mean I know Vegas fans are known for being clueless, but the Avs are a much better team on paper and in reality.
Vegas d core runs laps around Colorados and Vegas has a proven playoff goaltender.

Defense wins championships.
One line and PP teams win you second round exits.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Vegas d core runs laps around Colorados and Vegas has a proven playoff goaltender.

The Vegas D core looked like they had cement in their skates. They aren't running laps around even Justin Faulk after he met Kadri.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Instead of running laps around our D maybe they should have tried stopping the Avs from scoring 5 + goals. I don't think tonight the results really fit this narrative.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Colorado's defense is balanced and deep as well. Colorado also has excellent secondary scoring.
Their secondary scoring is pretty mediocre and easily outperformed by Vegas' depth.

It basically gonna come down to this:

1) MAF needs to play
2) Officiating needs to LET THEM PLAY. We watched a Ref fest occur in round 1, we don't need it for round 2.
3) Contain top line. Easiest way to do this? CHECK THEM!

Vegas does and gets that, they take the series. MAF is gamebreaker, hes leap and bounds ahead of Avs goalie. hes the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad