West Division Final Game #1. Avs host Vegas. Wedding Party in Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Uh. They called Carrier for 2 minutes when Graves wouldn't answer for his head shot. Before that, they sent him for 2 when he tried to rough up Makar.

And someone was injured. Janmark.

Half of the hits Vegas threw out were later than Graves' hit on Janmark - it's not his fault that Janmark wasn't expecting to be hit and didn't brace himself.

MaxPac's hit on Girard was more of a headshot than Graves' hit on Janmark.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Who did Islanders f*** over to win 4 Cups in a row?

And if you mean Vegas, who did Vegas f*** over to get to the Final? Which they lost btw, to a team that has never won it before in their long history.
I was referring to the point you brought up regarding the Avs history.

Alkalinesky

Feb 13, 2019
Nate 'Mad Dogg' MacKinnon looks ready for Game 2

giphy.gif

Mac looks offended he even has to waste his time and talent on this bunch of clowns who suck at hockey.

I feel that.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Vegas can continue to goon it up and take dumb penalties all they want. They can't even get possession of the puck while on the PK, hemmed in their own end for the full 2 minutes while the Avs move the puck around like an All Star team.

amit916

Oct 5, 2010
Corey Perry fought Nick Foligno after accidentally running into Tavares' head. It wasn't the least bit necessary, but it happened out of some sort of player code.

It doesn't really make any sense, but it does seem to have an effect on how the game goes.

Let's be honest, that was even dumber. Hey, you gave my captain a brain injury, let's both give each other brain injuries. Honestly, hits are fine and stuff, that fight was just all kinds of nonsense.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm hoping for a lengthy Reaves suspension.

It's his job, I don't blame him. And I don't blame the Knights for gooning it up in a game like this where they get pasted. But I blame the league for making this kind of attack possible.

To my mind, once a player is going down to the ice he becomes a noncombatant. You don't engage. We've seen way too much crap with guys getting pummeled while lying on the ice. It has to stop. Make it an automatic suspension.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Fam, he turns around, sees Girard coming at him, and throws up a high shoulder. A reverse hit is hitting a player with your back without the use of observation, but more instinct and feeling. There is a huge difference between the two and the Patch hit is closer to the Kadri headshot as both targeted a player coming and threw some headhunters.

I don't know if there is usually that much of a difference between a reverse hit and throwing up a high shoulder - especially because that upward movement with the shoulder is a part of the reverse hit. The main issue here isn't any movement of Pacioretty, it's just that he hit Girard in the head. (not an insignificant issue).

Feel bad for Grubauer. He played a flawless game and that was a ridiculous non-call on the only goal they scored. He’s playing great hockey as per usual. Hasn’t lost a playoff game since 2019.

I can see why they didn't call it. Karlsson didn't hack at Girard or crosscheck him or even extend through him, he just gave him a light bump.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Should be a very fun series to watch the rest of!

Go Vegas! Play MAF too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad