Werenski available?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
heard a columbus guy on the radio saying they have good d prospects but are lacking forwards on the team and if they were looking for help thats the guy theyd use as bait most likely to get a good return

Find that nuts and he’d be like the type of young guy the wings should target , dont expect it to happen but he’d be a huge addition, local boy and larkin’s buddy if i recall

AA+ Berggren+ 2nd? Probably not enough but he’d be a nice addition

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
He'd be a great addition but I don't think the Wings could get him without giving up Mantha.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He'd be a great addition but I don't think the Wings could get him without giving up Mantha.

I think he is worth considering dealing Mantha to be honest. Sure I would rather include other forwards, AA and a good prospect but I think we have to consider it. Werenski and Hronek would be a legit top pairing for a decade.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I think he is worth considering dealing Mantha to be honest. Sure I would rather include other forwards, AA and a good prospect but I think we have to consider it. Werenski and Hronek would be a legit top pairing for a decade.
Exactly my thoughts. Werenski would be a massive piece, and no matter how much we love Mantha, a streaky goalscorer provides less value.

I'd also just do Zadina+ for Werenski, but I think there's no way CLB goes for that.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Any forward not named mantha or larkin I'm in.

Aa+zadina and a pick or 2? Sign me up.

With an extension in place for him of course.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I thought hronek+ seider was headed towards being a legit top pair for a decade

Id love werenski but i dont think we should be giving up someone like mantha with the size and shooting ability whos finally figured shit out and should be a top line 35-45 goal guy for a decade especially when we still have question marks with zadina and veleno

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Yeah, I'd consider Mantha for Werenski.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
I thought hronek+ seider was headed towards being a legit top pair for a decade

Id love werenski but i dont think we should be giving up someone like mantha with the size and shooting ability whos finally figured **** out and should be a top line 35-45 goal guy for a decade especially when we still have question marks with zadina and veleno

Hronek and Seider are both right-handed shots. Werenski's a lefty. Not that this necessarily matters, but I guess it's something to keep in mind.

I'd be kind of on the fence about trading Mantha for Werenski. Werenski is younger and RealGood™, but Mantha's pretty good at scoring goals and scoring goals is pretty hard.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
This would fix our D imo. Werenski-Seider and one of Cholo/McIsaac/Johansson/UFA-Hronek is a really good top 4. Mantha would be really tough to swallow but I’d definitely give up Zadina and/or AA at this stage.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Can anyone actually comment on their defensive prospects and if this is true? They've drafted 4 defenseman since Werenski, 1 before the 4th round.

Assuming they do want forwards and trying to avoid the inevitable "4 B level assets for your #1 defenseman", I'll bring up:
2020 1st + Zadina + AA

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
They would want the Red Wings 1st on top of Mantha or Zadina as they are in a position of strength, not the other way around. Depending on lotto ball luck are you willing to give the #1-5 overall for Werenski is the real question.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
FWIW, although it's entirely through a second-hand source and this was months and months ago so do not take this as fact; I've heard that Werenski told a friend of my friend that he gets homesick quite a bit. I bet he'd be ecstatic to call LCA home.

He would certainly be a game changer for this team

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Can anyone actually comment on their defensive prospects and if this is true? They've drafted 4 defenseman since Werenski, 1 before the 4th round.

Assuming they do want forwards and trying to avoid the inevitable "4 B level assets for your #1 defenseman", I'll bring up:
2020 1st + Zadina + AA
That is insane overpayment! A former top ten pick not even 20 years old. A guy that just scored 30 and is only 25 and what is most likely another top 5 pick. No way in hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCNorthstars

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
That is insane overpayment! A former top ten pick all of 20 years old. A guy that just scored 30 and is only 25 and what is most likely another top 5 pick. No way in hell.
LA got a 1st for Jake Muzzin. Jake Muzzin.

There is no scenario in which Columbus doesn't get a 35-40 goal scorer + 1st for Zach Werenski.

They don't need to trade him. The Red Wings however, do very much, desperately need a defenseman of his ilk so be prepared to pay the price or just kick the tire.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Would be a perfect addition buuuut I don't see him being available and wouldn't want to give up our first in a deal.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
FWIW, although it's entirely through a second-hand source and this was months and months ago so do not take this as fact; I've heard that Werenski told a friend of my friend that he gets homesick quite a bit. I bet he'd be ecstatic to call LCA home.

He would certainly be a game changer for this team

Homesick being a 40 minute flight away?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia