Are you sick of this team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just watched the second and third after watching the first live. That in and of itself is demented.

Spew:

- I think I’ve finally figured out what Kane sees. It’s Evander Motherf***ing Kane (and a few guys wearing equipment that have the same jersey color as him) versus Pittsburgh. He really and truly is in his own world. It’s his own script, with his own storylines and drama, the twists and turns of him versus Pittsburgh.

It has its moments. He’s always trying, skating hard, save for the rare slow dead stinker. He’s chippy and physical. He accounts for offense statistically. He shoots.

But it.... I just can’t see him being a part of a team that has sustained, long term success. He doesn’t pass. Shit shot choices and wide field goals are possession drainers (more mentally draining on everyone else)... he picks when and how to get involved over the edge, equally as detrimental to the team as it is welcomed, simply because he is his own Shakespearean production and can’t grasp the flow of the game relative to the rest of the f***ing team. Goodbye

- Bogosian is better than a few other options, so I guess that’s good. Ha.

- at a loss of words with ROR. He cares. His play is so off, and compounded by his own expectations, I now see hesitations across the board that I didn’t see before. That’s a little scary. He’s tentative with the puck through the neutral zone. He’s taking longer to get his shots off, and his selection has been questionable all year. He’s getting caught puckwatching in our zone, there’s a TON more space in the high slot when he’s out there if you try and recall what it looked like last season... I don’t need him to drive the offense, but I need him everywhere else.

- Okposo ___________ I cant even waste my time writing it all

- MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. OF ALL THE DRAMATIC - can we please get Jordan Nolan out of the Top 6 and use him a lot less? It’s funny now. There’s like a video game lag thing going on there. ROR knows that one half of his wing options is a total nonentity through the neutral zone, maybe that’s on his list of mental hurdles to clear as he tries to get right. He has a brutal f***ing winger during a stretch in which we’ve been unable to score.

And come to think of it. He really doesn’t have an option on either wing. Maybe we should try and put that line in better situations? Just tossing that out there.

- Antipin is a rookie, he’s not the problem, he’s getting better, and you can tell he’s working hard... with the team being so f***ing brutal, if I’m the staff I’m upping his ice time and taking the harness off right f***ing now.

I have been in lock step with the coaches in terms of how they’ve handled him so far. I understood the scratches and why, and I understand the idea behind having him be a part of the PP... but now I’m ticking it up a few notches with him. I accept it exposes him and us, but if we don’t score, we won’t win.

- I said in the GDT... the way Lehner played the penalty shot looked weak and was self handicapping nonsense. Why did he get so damn low? He’s huge. He shrunk.

- I know we didn’t have sustained pressure, but am I wrong in thinking Jarry looked good? He made some nice stops on some high rips that were on net, he didn’t let a lot of rebounds fall into shit areas, looked pretty poised. Better than our garbage.

- on repeat: we lose every single puck battle and every race to loose pucks on every shift. Every one.

- I can’t stomach the notion of this team continuing to play so piss-poorly overall after watching these performances on film and going over them. They’re so collectively egregious in every manner, doesn’t it boil anybody’s blood to look so beatable? How can nobody - NOBODY - even attempt to put this team on their back? Why hasn’t anybody tried to step up in the slightest form or fashion?

Good god.

I’ll record tomorrow’s game and watch when we get back from our own.

Down for recommendations on MH prof.’s

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
Does HCPH have any tone in his voice apart from a soft and unemotive voice? Ive said it before he looks like a dear in the headlights and sounds like Seymour Skinner expaining steamed hams..

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
the powerplay

The drop pass in the neutral zone that leaves the other four flat footed and out of sync, while also serving as more pylons/congestion for the puck carrier to navigate through on top of the four killers.... that bad boy

Reactions: Vito_81

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
G Holy s*** Lehner saves a breakaway!
B: Wait, are they calling a penalty shot?
U: Please Lehner don't freeze! Ouch.

Reactions: jBuds

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
You have to be mental to go and watch Buffalo Losers "play".
There's nothing to discuss about this team, there's no point of that.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I take the blame. I insisted on coming to Buffalo during Thanksgiving with my daughter and niece to watch the Sabres play, and they haven't scored a goal since the Oilers game.

There it is...

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I was at the game and I really wanted them to just goon it up and play dirty as **** in the third period.
Who on this team is even capable of doing that? I'd guess Nolan has the strength to but doesn't have the stomach. We need a pest to stir things up if at the very least to cause the other team to start taking shots at our guys. Maybe then they'll play with some intensity in order to not get hurt.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I only have hazy memories of the earliest teams, but this is about as low as I've ever been regarding this team. Even the Turgeon era, with the whimpy Sator teams didn't leave me so thoroughly disgusted.

Turgeon era included playoffs at least.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Can someone explain what Russ Brandon's deal is? And what is the implication/fear of him talking with Eichel?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You scored as many nhl goals by going to the show as the entire team has in three games.
Didn't even know cs (nice abbrev.) was going to be that close. The night gets better!

Well I do what I can do to help the team..seems like I fit in with them.

Reactions: cybresabre

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Tim Murray ruined this team

Team hires new GM and new head coach and changes 10 players, team does worse with a more talented roster and TIM is the one that ruined the team...yeah that’s it.

This falls on Pegula for not learning from his mistakes, and two putting his trust into people that have poor judgements because of feelings. The root of the problem is Terry and those overseeing the hiring processes.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
"It's quite clear we've established that these players had no right to run Dan Bylsma out of town last spring. But so far, Phil Housley has had no answers either."
Can we agree to old pal Harrington?

Nope. It was right to run the head coach who wanted to do nothing with these players by his own accord.

It’s Buffalo ownership’s fault for not building the front office up with veterans in running teams. The least they could’ve done is get a vet for the GM position or a vet as Head Coach. They did neither.

latvian locomotive

Nov 29, 2014
They need to start letting some of their so called superstars watch a few games from the press box. Coach needs to take control of this locker room. It's not a popularity contest its a job and if Housley doesn't win he will be gone to.

Yes I am talking to you
Jack Eichel
Ryan O Reilly
Ramus Ristolainen
Kyle Okposo

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
They need to start letting some of their so called superstars watch a few games from the press box. Coach needs to take control of this locker room. It's not a popularity contest its a job and if Housley doesn't win he will be gone to.

Yes I am talking to you
Jack Eichel
Ryan O Reilly
Ramus Ristolainen
Kyle Okposo

You are 100% correct. I’d start by sitting Okposo.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Didn’t watch. Not checking highlights (Or lowlights). Not reading the GDT. I have never been more disgusted with this team (since 1970) than I am at right now. 47 ****ing years, and this franchise is absolute ****. A ****ing laughing stock. Christ, I can remember when the Sabres playing in the Aud was nearly a sure win for this team.

I was not going to bother getting center ice after last season, but the promise of change pulled me back. **** that.
I’m done.

The Aud had such a great atmosphere - I lived in Olean growing up when Sabres tickets were very hard to come by but probably went to somewhere between 10 to 15 games there over the years and can only remember maybe one game that they lost (Game 3 of the playoff series with the Devils when Hasek came way out of the net and got caught for the deciding goal). I was living in New York at the time of that series and also saw the Game 4 win. Wouldn't you know it the one home game in that series I didn't go to was the 4 OT win in Game 6 but I did go to Game 7 at the Meadowlands and sat a few rows behind one of the benches. Philippe Boucher scored about 6 minutes in for the only Sabres goal and they missed a glorious chance to go up 2-0 shortly thereafter. They then proceeded to get outshot 47-14 for the game and lost 2-1 but I do recall they had a couple of nice shots from the high slot right near the end with the goalie pulled but I don't recall if the shots ever really got through.

Other great games at the Aud I remember - Perreault scoring a penalty shot goal against Murray Bannerman, wiping out the Bruins 8-1, beating the Capitals 3-0 with Mogilny getting all of the goals. Oh, and Game 3 of the sweep against the Habs with McKegney getting the winner in OT.

Anyway, I guess my point is I don't think things were ever quite the same when they switched to the new arena - the one time I was there it was totally dead and if memory serves they lost the game as well.

I don't know though - maybe people who were there in the Briere/Drury days would say it got pretty loud in the new place as well.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
If we're firing up the way-back machine... there was a game delayed by an early December snow storm in '95. We went to the game when it was played and if there were 700 people in the building, I'd have been amazed. The team was completely asleep: they got rocked 6-1 by the Lightning. So my friend and I walk down to the golds and I pop my head out of the tunnel to see what's going on. LaFontaine is wheeling up the ice, sort of half-assed, and I lay into him about "how much are you getting paid for this?" His eyes get as big as saucers -- he heard me for sure. At that point, the usher in the section shoos me away and we move down... and I realize we were about five feet from Seymour and Nordie's seats and Patty thought it was one of them carping about his check. We got vouchers for the next game -- Avs, first season, a real powerhouse in their first year in Colorado, and they ran up a 3-0 lead in the first after coming out like a man on fire. Somehow they managed to hang on to win 4-3... :biglaugh:

Since I'm firing off a couple of very rare posts today, I couldn't help commenting on this with a short story.

In the late '80s I was sitting at center ice about halfway up at the Garden and the guy sitting next to me says, "Do you know who that is?" It turns out the guy talking to me and the next four people over are all wearing Sabres ties and he pointed out Seymour Knox. For the third period, after they left and sat back down, Seymour sat right next to me and I talked to him for much of the last period. The one thing I specifically remember talking to him about was the second period fight where Ruff cleaned up Nilan - this was after Ranger fans were chanting "Nilan, Nilan, Nilan" to get the coach to put him on the ice. So, he did and then Ruff took care of him.

It's so much more fun to talk about better days of years gone by than what is happening with the team nowadays.

Things went south right away when Lehner let in that soft wraparound short-handed goal in that first game against Montreal.

I wisely stayed away from the Center Ice Package shortly thereafter. I even saw Yahoo was streaming last night's game but I had no interest in watching.

Kind of hoping for losses now but of course that will probably mean the fourth pick in the draft, while damaging the psyche of the current players also, so not even sure that's a good thing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad