Post-Game Talk (GBU): We're Sick of You Too, Buffalo Sabres

Are you sick of this team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
f*** them, every single one of them. Sad excuse for a team. This bunch of wankers costs 70mil per year. Let that sink in before you proceed to watch them anymore (especially for those foolish enough to pay for the 'privilege').

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Didn’t watch. Not checking highlights (Or lowlights). Not reading the GDT. I have never been more disgusted with this team (since 1970) than I am at right now. 47 f***ing years, and this franchise is absolute shit. A f***ing laughing stock. Christ, I can remember when the Sabres playing in the Aud was nearly a sure win for this team.

I was not going to bother getting center ice after last season, but the promise of change pulled me back. f*** that.
I’m done.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Didn’t watch. Not checking highlights (Or lowlights). Not reading the GDT. I have never been more disgusted with this team (since 1970) than I am at right now. 47 ****ing years, and this franchise is absolute ****. A ****ing laughing stock. Christ, I can remember when the Sabres playing in the Aud was nearly a sure win for this team.

I was not going to bother getting center ice after last season, but the promise of change pulled me back. **** that.
I’m done.

I only have hazy memories of the earliest teams, but this is about as low as I've ever been regarding this team. Even the Turgeon era, with the whimpy Sator teams didn't leave me so thoroughly disgusted.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I was complaining to my bro that I couldn't find a stream online that had synced audio - told him I needed a laugh to start the evening off right. I tuned in just before that 4th goal and couldn't bring myself to laugh as I was overwhelmed with guilt for wasting my time earlier trying to find a decent quality stream.

As for "The Tank" I was hesitantly on board with it. It's hard to feel that way with a team you grew up with. I was 7 years old in '75 when they were in the Finals and have been, for the most part, a faithful supporter.

Now, I simply don't care. Blow it all up and to be honest, I don't give one iota of concern about their draft position next year and the rewards that come with being dead 'effing last again.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not gonna cut ties with the team but maybe we could use a break

In the late '80's, it was easy to not have access to the team and conversation about it 24-7. They were a mess and lacked identity and intensity. They made some bad trades (looking at waiving Ray Sheppard). It took a vet hockey guy coming in as "adviser" to start turning things around.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
In the late '80's, it was easy to not have access to the team and conversation about it 24-7. They were a mess and lacked identity and intensity. They made some bad trades (looking at waiving Ray Sheppard). It took a vet hockey guy coming in as "adviser" to start turning things around.
Before we left in 90, I went to the last game of the season. I *think* we lost in a snoozer to the Capitals (?) (Edwards wa in goal, IIRC).. I would have never thought this team could have sucked worse than that team.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Definitely a low point in the 25 years I've followed the team but its all part of the process. It will take a few more years. Patience even though that word is hard to live by and it seems we have been for years.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
A good sports psychologist would be a good start. This is a broken team. The coaches need help trying to figure out how to deal with the constant brain farts and the lack of confidence they have in themselves and their team mates. This is not a "we" team. Talent deficit and some injuries have hurt somewhat but the failure of the players with molto talent to show it on the ice or to display urgency/passion is unfathomable.

sabrescaps777

Aug 21, 2010
I haven't posted here in several years. Have stayed away for a few years while the team "tanked". Started to tune back in this year because they were supposed to finally start to build and move forward this year - new coach, Eichel taking the next step, improved defense, etc. But holy **** this team sucks. Never thought I would miss the days of John Scott, Kaleta, and Captain Ott. At least that team used to lick people's helmets and fight Phil Kessel. This team offers literally nothing. No goals, no hitting, no fighting, terrible goaltending. Guess I'll post again in 2020, when the next group of young guys grow up and start contributing to the team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll never be sick of buffalo hockey, this kgb interference in our success is pretty annoying tho......

Where is the therapist info?!? Come on man... IS IT SAFE?

Before we left in 90, I went to the last game of the season. I *think* we lost in a snoozer to the Capitals (?) (Edwards wa in goal, IIRC).. I would have never thought this team could have sucked worse than that team.

Was that the Joe Reekie OT game? I remember Reekie scoring an OT winner that put the Isles into the playoffs and the Pens out. The Pens of course got to draft Jagr at 5 while the Isles took Mr 2 NHL Games Scott Sissons at #6.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Where is the therapist info?!? Come on man... IS IT SAFE?

Was that the Joe Reekie OT game? I remember Reekie scoring an OT winner that put the Isles into the playoffs and the Pens out. The Pens of course got to draft Jagr at 5 while the Isles took Mr 2 NHL Games Scott Sissons at #6.
Shit. Too long ago to recall. I do distinctly remember though, that it was one of the quietest games I had ever attended in the Aud. I bet the atmosphere then is probably exactly like the atmosphere in the arena these days.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
****. Too long ago to recall. I do distinctly remember though, that it was one of the quietest games I had ever attended in the Aud. I bet the atmosphere then is probably exactly like the atmosphere in the arena these days.
A long way from their initial year with the entire crowd in the Audience standing and chanting "Thank you Sabres..." Change one word and you would get the current chant.....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
****. Too long ago to recall. I do distinctly remember though, that it was one of the quietest games I had ever attended in the Aud. I bet the atmosphere then is probably exactly like the atmosphere in the arena these days.

If we're firing up the way-back machine... there was a game delayed by an early December snow storm in '95. We went to the game when it was played and if there were 700 people in the building, I'd have been amazed. The team was completely asleep: they got rocked 6-1 by the Lightning. So my friend and I walk down to the golds and I pop my head out of the tunnel to see what's going on. LaFontaine is wheeling up the ice, sort of half-assed, and I lay into him about "how much are you getting paid for this?" His eyes get as big as saucers -- he heard me for sure. At that point, the usher in the section shoos me away and we move down... and I realize we were about five feet from Seymour and Nordie's seats and Patty thought it was one of them carping about his check. We got vouchers for the next game -- Avs, first season, a real powerhouse in their first year in Colorado, and they ran up a 3-0 lead in the first after coming out like a man on fire. Somehow they managed to hang on to win 4-3... :biglaugh:

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
One good note after the game, Peter Chiarelli called and offered Botts a fifth rounder in next years draft for Eichel...

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

QuerulousTerribleGoldenretriever-small.gif

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I am glad I didn't watch this one either, I haven't watched the last 4 and they have been shutout in all :skeptic: I'm sorry guys. It could be my fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad