GDT: We're playing the Habs tonight apparently. 7pm MT on SNW

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The ice at the saddle dome seems to have gone downhill in a big way this year. For a guy like Gaudreau (and Monahan) I think it could be a factor.

Maybe. I do think that it's time for a longer term breakup of Johnny/Monahan. See who the weak link has been. I'd like to see Jankowski with Gaudreau on the first. Not 100 percent sure who with.

All I know is Monahan disappears for 15-20 game stretches. I hate to say it.

When Johnny/Mony are "on," together, they challenge for being the top tandem in the league. The shitty thing is they can only muster that performance for 8-10 game max stretches. The way it seems to me. Then it's these 15, 20 game stretches of poop.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I like Jankowski but I don't see his game instantly meshing with Gaudreau. Again, Gaudreau-Bennett-Ferland is the line we need. Monahan-Jankowski-Hathaway as your second line.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I like Jankowski but I don't see his game instantly meshing with Gaudreau. Again, Gaudreau-Bennett-Ferland is the line we need. Monahan-Jankowski-Hathaway as your second line.

I'd be okay with that too.

Thing with Jankowski I can see how at lower levels if you were a scout you'd see a Lemieux or say, an Arnott quality player. And though I see that skill, it also appears to be limited and he appears too slow all around to be a top player. That sounds like an early judgement I know. Reach, sense and size for days. Reaction time sub par.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Monahan is a better center in every facet of the game than Jankowski why would we move him to the wing in that scenario?

And why are making two weak lines when there are much better options that would allow for spreading out the Monahan-Gaudreau offense?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Oh I agree, I'm just trying to be realistic. The Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland thing has been obvious for too long for me to ever believe the troglodytes running the show would make it happen.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Bennett is again our most dangerous player. Has had a bunch of dangerous chances.

Saw them trying
Bennett-Monahan- Ferlabd
JG - Jankowski - Hathaway.

Would rather see
JG - Jankowski - Bennett
Tkachuk - Monahan - Ferland

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Good job addressing the fact that Jankowski has significantly outperformed him over the last 11 games.

Significantly?? He as 2 more points and played much worse defensively there is no way that is better let alone significantly.

Also the 11 games is an arbitrary number to boost your argument which you originally stated as the end of November.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Monahan is a better center in every facet of the game

"every facet"

Play without puck: Jankowski
Zone Exits: Jankowski
Puck Protection: Wash, but Jankowski still not filled out yet
Puck retrieval: Jankowski
Backchecking: Jankowski
Zone Entries/Puckyl carrying: Jankowski
Faceoffs: Tie
Passing: Jankowski
Wristshot: Tie
Snapshot: Monahan
Slapshot: Jankowski

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Significantly?? He as 2 more points and played much worse defensively there is no way that is better let alone significantly.

Also the 11 games is an arbitrary number to boost your argument which you originally stated as the end of November.

He pointed out PP and time played too.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

November 30th = 11 games ago = end of November.

Monahan with 3 5v5 points
Jankowski with 7 5v5 points

Significant difference in performance.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
"every facet"

Play without puck: Jankowski
Zone Exits: Jankowski
Puck Protection: Wash, but Jankowski still not filled out yet
Puck retrieval: Jankowski
Backchecking: Jankowski
Zone Entries/Puckyl carrying: Jankowski
Faceoffs: Tie
Passing: Jankowski
Wristshot: Tie
Snapshot: Monahan
Slapshot: Jankowski

Sure I guess if we are just randomly making crap up then you can say anyone is better than anyone.

Most of those categories that you have Jankowski ahead in are laughable, the others are just flat out wrong.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
November 30th = 11 games ago = end of November.

Monahan with 3 5v5 points
Jankowski with 7 5v5 points

Significant difference in performance.

No it really isn't a significant difference as PP points count just as much as 5 on 5 and stats don't tell the whole story. Watching them actually play and it isn't remotely close Jankowski has clearly been much worse.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This team is embarrassing. Outshot 32-17 at home to a .500 team (yeah i know we're one too).

I just expect us to get consistently outcoached and outplayed at the Dome every other game

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This team is just not that good. They were awful Wednesday and even worse tonight.

Its a mediocre line-up. It was mediocre last year and we made slight changes to improve them team but not nearly enough to change the fact that the team is just ok.

There are some very good pieces here but the depth is way too weak and unreliable so we struggle to score unless our best players are at their best.

It doesn't help that the coach is terrible and stubborn and doesn't seem to have the ability to try and make changes when plan A isn't working.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Once again, smoke by one of the worst teams in the NHL

Not sure why GG is keeping his job?

BT is a smart guy, he should know the longer he keeps this crap going, the more likely he'll be out of the job too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad