We're Officially doing a HF Hawks Bandwagon Draft. Draft is over, go teams!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Just for clarification: my avatar is due to my fondness for surfing. I do not smoke cigars or own guns. However, I do like the Bears.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You know, this really was a great idea CMS. I think this is going to curb the Hawk hate on the main boards a bit going forward.

I certainly agree on both points (especially it being a great idea created by me). Getting the main boards to hate us less was one of the big reasons to do this, the other being that HF Hawks was dead empty after that disaster happened last year, so this gives a lot of us reasons to keep coming back to this site for a while longer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I certainly agree on both points (especially it being a great idea created by me). Getting the main boards to hate us less was one of the big reasons to do this, the other being that HF Hawks was dead empty after that disaster happened last year, so this gives a lot of us reasons to keep coming back to this site for a while longer.
depending on how obnoxious and the amount of shit talking you can do, it can actually make things worse for us lol! I am trying to branch out my brand to multiple team boards so I apologize in advance for the likely setback we will be getting on here because of it lol!!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Hah. I live in NYC. I don't make friends. I'm starting slowly on the Playoff Boards until ...

giphy.gif

on multiple boards.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
BIG UPDATE POSTED BY ME ON THE MAIN BOARDS A MINUTE AGO:
When it gets to 5pm CT, if there is no real progress here (multiple posters selected), we'll let this go into a hyper round so we can have everyone assigned before puck drop.

Basically, any poster (no matter the fanbase) can basically pick for one of the available posters to join a particular fanbase that has yet to get a draft poster.

Here's an example:

I'm already taken (thanks Boston!), but if I wasn't, a poster (from any of the 31 fanbases here) could say "CallMeShaft to New Jersey" and I'd have to go and then my name would be crossed off the list. Only rule is that none of the remaining posters can submit a selection for themselves or for someone else.

Easy Enough?

Hawks fans that have already been picked or are not a participant can even submit an available poster to an available team (so if you know someone wants a team, you could screw them over real good).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Update:

ThatSaid has been selected by the Jackets.

HF Devils have a half hour to make a selection before I let anyone make the picks.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Wow, with HF Devils and HF Avs wasting no time, we were able to finish an hour before puck drop tonight. Way to go everyone!

@ChiHawks10 is going to Nashville
@AmericanDream is going to Winnipeg
@Blue Liner is going to Tampa
@CallMeShaft (AKA the best poster) is going to Boston
@clydesdale line is going to Vegas
@thesaadfather is going to Washington
@Machinehead is going to Toronto
@ColdSteel2 is going to ditch Minnesota and instead go to Vegas
@Penosity is going to Anaheim
@DisgruntledHawkFan is going to Pittsburgh
@piteus is going to San Jose
@BK is going to Los Angeles
@ThatSaid is going to Columbus
@hawksrule is going to New Jersey
@tonyhawks77 is going to Colorado
@TLEHMANN is going to Philly

Disperse to your bandwagon teams everyone! But come on by every now and again to talk endlessly about what our roster could look like or the player we could draft in the real draft.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That list is in order too. I'm a bit surprised by it. ChiHawks is obviously way too high (a few others were a bit high as well). I also expected me, DHF, BK, and TLEHMANN to be higher. hawksrule is another name that seems a bit low, but he wasn't really selling himself until New Jersey's turn.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That list is in order too. I'm a bit surprised by it. ChiHawks is obviously way too high (a few others were a bit high as well). I also expected me, DHF, BK, and TLEHMANN to be higher. hawksrule is another name that seems a bit low, but he wasn't really selling himself until New Jersey's turn.
get agents next time you fools!!

I would like to thank Bobby Orr and Orr Hockey Group for believing in me as much as they did, and for the sick ass signing bonus I am going to be getting!

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
get agents next time you fools!!

I would like to thank Bobby Orr and Orr Hockey Group for believing in me as much as they did, and for the sick as signing bonus I am going to be getting!
I tried getting Toews and Kane's agent, but he never returned any of my phone calls, texts, emails, faxes, regular mail, carrier pigeon, or the brick I threw through his window. :(

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
@TLEHMANN

Sorry man but as is always the case goaltending is trash in Philly. Elliott is a bum

I still cant believe that idiotic organization gave up on Bobrovsky after a good rookie year. Bringing in Bryzgalov was joke and became disaster

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
@TLEHMANN

Sorry man but as is always the case goaltending is trash in Philly. Elliott is a bum

I still cant believe that idiotic organization gave up on Bobrovsky after a good rookie year. Bringing in Bryzgalov was joke and became disaster
Bryzgalov a joke? You've finally crossed the line here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad