We're Officially doing a HF Hawks Bandwagon Draft. Draft is over, go teams!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
We had a good run in Tampa. I feel I contributed well given my draft position. I am considering a home-town discount to stay on board as a contributor.

I have no major vested interest in this series but I lean toward Ovie getting his Cup and putting his narrative to bed.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, you all suck compared to the Vegas board. ;) The vibe is so nice over there.

I fell off the map with my bandwagon duties. I was an awful bandwagon fan for Nashville outside of the first few games of round 1, and haven't existed for any of the other teams at all so far. My May has been horrible, with so many things going on(family related)... I just haven't even watched any playoff hockey really. Parts of a game or two here and there. Never stepped onto the Winnipeg board, and likely won't step onto the Vegas board now, either. I'm the Yakupov of bandwagon fans this season.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I fell off the map with my bandwagon duties. I was an awful bandwagon fan for Nashville outside of the first few games of round 1, and haven't existed for any of the other teams at all so far. My May has been horrible, with so many things going on(family related)... I just haven't even watched any playoff hockey really. Parts of a game or two here and there. Never stepped onto the Winnipeg board, and likely won't step onto the Vegas board now, either. I'm the Yakupov of bandwagon fans this season.

There’s not a lot of activity over there, so I only post a couple times a week so I don’t cast too big of a shadow. I learned from @clydesdale line to dump some likes on their GDT after wins if I’m watching the game.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I echo this for Tampa. So much less toxic and venomous.

We’re supposed to all accept and love each other as people even if we disagree or don’t understand where the person is coming from. I’d go so far to say that this board needs bi-monthly meetups for a year just to wipe away the slime, then we can at least have a solid core to set a better vibe. It’s ok to get to know the people you talk to everyday, but hey, to each their own. I guess people want to fill in the blanks on people and finding out it wasn’t what you thought would spoil it for some. Regardless, the toxicity has to go though.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
We’re supposed to all accept and love each other as people even if we disagree or don’t understand where the person is coming from. I’d go so far to say that this board needs bi-monthly meetups for a year just to wipe away the slime, then we can at least have a solid core to set a better vibe. It’s ok to get to know the people you talk to everyday, but hey, to each their own. I guess people want to fill in the blanks on people and finding out it wasn’t what you thought would spoil it for some. Regardless, the toxicity has to go though.

Agree. There's too much of it, makes it less and less enjoyable to visit here. I think everyone's guilty from time to time of reacting to something too strongly and making it a little too personal, snarky, nasty, but some much more than others and it just takes any fun out of being here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Agree. There's too much of it, makes it less and less enjoyable to visit here. I think everyone's guilty from time to time of reacting to something too strongly and making it a little too personal, snarky, nasty, but some much more than others and it just takes any fun out of being here.

Couldn’t have said it better myself and sometimes I wonder if there is actually an intention behind some of it to drive certain people away from the board. Well, it’s working. I know I could be better with my postings too, so I try to recognize and recalibrate as best I can. Like when @Jeffrey Lebowski called me and a few others out a month ago for talking too much about non-hockey stuff, even though I thought it was a little self righteous, I took his advice. He was right, I wasn’t talking a lot about the team for awhile there. I’m glad he said it, trying to help me be better.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Couldn’t have said it better myself and sometimes I wonder if there is actually an intention behind some of it to drive certain people away from the board. Well, it’s working. I know I could be better with my postings too, so I try to recognize and recalibrate as best I can. Like when @Jeffrey Lebowski called me and a few others out a month ago for talking too much about non-hockey stuff, even though I thought it was a little self righteous, I took his advice. He was right, I wasn’t talking a lot about the team for awhile there. I’m glad he said it, trying to help me be better.

Meh, that's just a dynamic of this board. I don't see that as a bad thing. Like right now, we've completely taken this away from the playoffs/bandwagoning :laugh: It happens sometimes.

I catch myself sometimes with my tone if I'm annoyed or responding to someone else being an asshat. I try to be better than that but we're all human and sometimes I've just had enough haha.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Meh, that's just a dynamic of this board. I don't see that as a bad thing. Like right now, we've completely taken this away from the playoffs/bandwagoning :laugh: It happens sometimes.

I catch myself sometimes with my tone if I'm annoyed or responding to someone else being an asshat. I try to be better than that but we're all human and sometimes I've just had enough haha.

Yeah, that’s all anyone needs, just self awareness, like you said, nobody is perfect. Summer will be good for all of us to get busy with other stuff and bring more positivity. The team needs to help too, this team means a lot to people and when they play and manage like a bunch of asshats, it’s only natural for that to bleed into the conversation, so I blame them for everything, haha.

Get your shit together Hawks, we don’t want another year like this, unacceptable, so whether it is time or money, start spending it and fix this. We like the view from the top.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I didn't have the heart to root against Vegas when my bandwagon team, Sharks, played them in the 2nd round. My bad.

It's okay to be snarky. It's okay to talk trash (in a fun way). It's okay to have a schtick as long as people know. However, it's not okay to get personal which all of us have done ... including myself. The key is to keep ourselves accountable and admit when you screw up. A simple apology should suffice with no judgement. Then we all move on. That's a healthy board.

It's okay to have heated but logical debates. The beauty of a community is challenge / test each other hypothesis. It's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to poke fun of each other (in a fun way). As long as we're adult enough to admit fault when we go to far. That shows the ultimate respect as many of us are anonymous posters.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
As the #2 overall pick, I let my team down and did not get the Jets over the hump and to the Cup. They gave me a show me type deal, and I guess I just didn't show enough so I am being released on HF Poster waivers and I have been replaced by BWC who they think can take them from B to C and win the Cup!!!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Boston won their first round for me, but I didn't have enough intangibles to win multiple rounds.

So go get that car cup Ovi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad