Post-Game Talk: WE'RE 3-0!!! Leafs beat the Habs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
He was referring to the Leafs first game, Monday against Ottawa. He was much better against the Habs. Also, just because you hear Babcock say something like that, doesn't necessarily make it true. Babcock might be one of the best motivators in the league, and he knows how to pump a player up when he needs it. He is protecting the players, which is what he should be doing. He would never come out and say that Gardiner was horrible. Gardiner has fragile confidence and it is obvious, what better what to instill confidence in him then coming out and saying he was the best player on the ice?

Watch the post-Montreal presser. Babcock literally says Gardiner was the best player by a mile. Unless you think he somehow sleep coached through the previous 24 hours and thought we has answering media questions about Ottawa.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
He was referring to the Leafs first game, Monday against Ottawa. He was much better against the Habs. Also, just because you hear Babcock say something like that, doesn't necessarily make it true. Babcock might be one of the best motivators in the league, and he knows how to pump a player up when he needs it. He is protecting the players, which is what he should be doing. He would never come out and say that Gardiner was horrible. Gardiner has fragile confidence and it is obvious, what better what to instill confidence in him then coming out and saying he was the best player on the ice?

Sounds like you're reaching

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

Obviously you never heard Babcock's comments on Jimmy Howard from last year. He also has no problem criticizing his players in the media, too.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

So are you accusing Babcock of lying?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'd like to see Frattin with Kadri again.

I hope Frattin gets a good look with good linemates before we send him packing. I still think there's a good player there if we give him a real chance.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Frattin is a decent NHL depth player but will likely be more of an AHL star kind of player.

I could see him being the captain of the Marlies this year.

Likely to be in Europe next year I think.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Gauthier has looked terrible so far...He's looking like a total bust for a first round pick...He's supposed to be good defensively but he can't keep up with the pace of the NHL game...He's got a LONG way to go.

Do you even watch the games or do you just make up crap to spew?

He is progressing nicely. Defensive player of the year honors and is going to be a solid 3rd liner for us in the future and a definite part of our future.

Not everyone needs to be speedy and score a lot to make a contribution to a team.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Frattin is a decent NHL depth player but will likely be more of an AHL star kind of player.

I could see him being the captain of the Marlies this year.

Likely to be in Europe next year I think.

He never recovered after hitting the post in the third of game 7 vs the Bruins. Much like that Leafs team as a whole, really.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm going to the game on Saturday. My father in law won some contest so apparently I'll be sitting in the Toronto Star's box. I'm guessing it'll be pretty cool.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'm going to the game on Saturday. My father in law won some contest so apparently I'll be sitting in the Toronto Star's box. I'm guessing it'll be pretty cool.

Make sure you eat dinner before the first intermission is over. They take it away for the second intermission and it's just snacks after that. Made that fatal mistake once and will never forget the regret I felt for MONTHS AFTER.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I'd like to see Frattin with Kadri again.

I hope Frattin gets a good look with good linemates before we send him packing. I still think there's a good player there if we give him a real chance.

There is no good player in there. He's almost 30 and has had plenty of chances to show he's a solid NHLer. He's failed miserably. Would not lose sleep if he leaves next year.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Make sure you eat dinner before the first intermission is over. They take it away for the second intermission and it's just snacks after that. Made that fatal mistake once and will never forget the regret I felt for MONTHS AFTER.

Thanks for the tip. My father in law told me there was free food and drinks. I don't suppose that includes beer does it?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
He never recovered after hitting the post in the third of game 7 vs the Bruins. Much like that Leafs team as a whole, really.

That team as a whole, had no business being in the playoffs in the 1st place :laugh: While it was nice to see the team finally clinch a playoff spot in 9 years, they only made it because of the shortened season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad