Post-Game Talk: WE'RE 3-0!!! Leafs beat the Habs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Nice work boys. Sadly, a lot of these guys will probably get cut soon.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Nylander was solid tonight! Marner was noticeably nervous in the 1st period but was better later on. If Nylander keeps playing this way he's on the team opening night.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Gardiner is having a career year this year... He's 10x better than Leafs fans give him credit for

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leivo was probably one of our better forwards tonight. Aggressive on the forecheck, won puck battles, played really well along the boards and had a couple nice chances.

He got rocked hard in the mid game but came back and didn't miss a beat. Hopefully he keeps it up. I think he deserves a serious look for bottom line minutes.

Overall, Nylander, Gardiner, Soshnikov and Dermott looked really good. Holland and Komarov were solid to decent. Marner started off timid but looked a lot better in the 2nd half of the game. Gauthier made some really good defensive plays and won a lot of puck battles. Nothing worth noting with the rest of the squad from what I can remember.

Last edited:

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
nylander looks ready for nhl imo...just not at C

i really liked gauthier, like a lot...he didnt play much but moved around really well for his size and really used his size well...took hits to get puck out, wasn't afraid of hard contact, dumped and chanced and even recovered the puck a couple of time, worked the boards really well with leivo, won some draws too

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
like i told sum1 before who said habs were going to dominate

rely on military strength alone and you will not win aka sun tzu

leafs played well

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
You guys had the heart in that game, we lost our stride in the third.

Also I didn't know Gardiner could play hockey. Impressive!

To be fair, he was pretty good last year. Not as many goals or points, and maybe his giveaways were a little more documented that they should have been, but he was pretty good.

I don't know whom was impressed with. Honestly, they all played pretty well, but some obviously looked like they needed some work. They made a good move by trading Gibson, because our goalies were stellar the entire game. I was disappointed with the tough guys in our lineup, they did squat, but other than that everyone played well.

Still though, I'd cut a lot of these guys.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Overall, Nylander, Gardiner, Soshnikov and Dermott looked really good. Holland and Komarov were solid to decent. Marner started off timid but looked a lot better in the 2nd half of the game. Nothing worth noting with the rest of the squad what I can remember.

Agree 100%

I thought Holland had a real good 3rd period - that line was quiet but came alive at the end.

Nylander's IQ and passing capabilities on the PP will be an awesome addition when he makes it.

It's great to see one of our skill players actually be able to steal a puck or two as well. Like how he can pick a pocket or two

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
like i told sum1 before who said habs were going to dominate

rely on military strength alone and you will not win aka sun tzu

leafs played well

I'm not so sure people are very familiar with the "Art of War".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad