Wendel Clark - All Heart

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
.... Back when men were men and we didn’t have a sissy in office!

I remember the hope we had when Clarkson got signed.

Damn shame everyone ran him out of town. He was the closest thing we had to Clark in ages!

I would take a prime Clarkson over Nylander any day!

Kadri and Clarkson were Gilmore-Clark reincarnated.

Now instead all we have are soft players like Marner and Nylander!

totally ... especially pretty boys like greedlander

... dubas more busy getting new pretty frames for his glasses than fixing our teams with character guys ....

Please stop posting like this, I shouldn't get turned on like this during working hours.

Reactions: BonMorrison

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Wendel Clark was the epitome of a hockey player unfortunately he was also brittle as glass. Nobody had as much heart as him and I'm a Canucks fan. He bled blue for the Leafs class act.
He wasn't brittle, he got hurt because he took on players a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than he was and most times won. Bob Pobert comes to mind and I'm sure many others.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Now there is captain material. A guy who could skate, had skill, who could hit, who could fight and most important a team guy first and foremost. Every single time he stepped on the ice he did so to inflict damage. I remember a late summer rec game at Meadowvale Arena where he took a wrister on a 2 on 1 and it hit our goalie so hard it broke his facemask and cut him. After he turned around to wait to see if anyone wanted to go with him-no one did. He gave the guy and his girlfriend 2 amazing seats at the Gardens for the home opener that year. He went all out all the time. A true warrior with a great heart. We badly miss a guy with his leadership. I still can't believe he went toe to toe with McSorley but when someone went after one of his teammates it was war. Now this was last of the older day hockey but it is what is missing in todays game to some of us. We are lacking that heart. It is so hard to watch guys get run and we have zero response. It was missing huge in game 2 last year against da Bruins. All it takes is 1 man to stand up and everyone else plays 6 inches taller as per Sakic.

and 6 feet taller if it’s Claude Lemieux

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I remember the hope we had when Clarkson got signed.

Damn shame everyone ran him out of town. He was the closest thing we had to Clark in ages!

I would take a prime Clarkson over Nylander any day!

Kadri and Clarkson were Gilmore-Clark reincarnated.

Now instead all we have are soft players like Marner and Nylander!
I see your point,but ....not quite the same level of quality.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
He wasn't brittle, he got hurt because he took on players a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than he was and most times won. Bob Pobert comes to mind and I'm sure many others.

He was only "brittle" because of the way he played. When you play that hard every game, you're bound to get hurt often.

Why doesn't help but he was brittle considering how much time he missed. Of course his style was why he was hurt so much but he still was. If he dialed it back a little probably would have saved him from a bunch of injuries but that wasn't him. Not knocking him as he was one of my favorite players back then on an opposing team. Not only was he physical he could actually play and anybody would have loved him on their team. Brittle might have been a bad choice in words but regardless he missed a ton of time because of injuries. Even still a great player and fearless leader.

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
You like Claude Lemieux better than Wendell Clark? Talk about visually challenged!
The reason I mentioned Claude Lemieux in that post is because they traded Clark and eventually got Claude Lemieux in return.
Claude Lemieux since you don’t remember won the Stanley Cup as well as the Conn Smythe trophy with the NJ Devils. Claude Lemieux went on to win another Stanley Cup with Colorado.
So Yes I consider a 3x Stanley Cup winner and 1x Conn Smythe trophy winner a better player than Wendel Clark.
Seems you know very little about hockey outside the Leafs.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
The reason I mentioned Claude Lemieux in that post is because they traded Clark and eventually got Claude Lemieux in return.
Claude Lemieux since you don’t remember won the Stanley Cup as well as the Conn Smythe trophy with the NJ Devils. Claude Lemieux went on to win another Stanley Cup with Colorado.
So Yes I consider a 3x Stanley Cup winner and 1x Conn Smythe trophy winner a better player than Wendel Clark.
Seems you know very little about hockey outside the Leafs.
Clause was a POS but no denying that guy could play and win.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Loved Wendel. I don't understand bashing Nylander to prove your Wendel love. I'm 62 years old. Ancient i know. The game has changed fellas. Get over it. Nylander stunk last season no question. But overall he's been a pretty good player for the TML. Nylander will never fight or throw many body checks. If that's how you gauge your players you probably hate Matthews and Marner too. Maybe you guys should go hang with Don Cherry and start every sentence YOU people. THAT always leads to something good doesn't it?

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015
Guy that creates room for the finesse guys and can finish does yes. Gilmour was great indeed two very different players. Play making alone is not the only way to make others better. Clark was a great leader who lead by example and a very team guy.

Who did Clark make better?
Please name a few players. I’m really curious

Reactions: stopclickbait

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Who did Clark make better?
Please name a few players. I’m really curious
How about the finesse guys including Gilmour who had more room on ice from opposing players knowing Clark was out there. Players tend to take less liberties against opposing players knowing someone like Clark is on other team. Clark not only was a physical player he could also score as his 330 total goals in 793 regular season games show. He also put up 46 goals in only 64 games during 93-94 season. I'm not sure if he played on Gilmour's line that year but I'm sure they played together on PP that year. Gilmour also had his 2nd highest points total that year. Clark wasn't a play maker but he definitely was a leader. As for naming names sorry my memory isn't that good but I remember watching him and he helped his team that I can guarantee. Stats don't always show what a players worth is but he even put up some decent goal scoring stats.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
3 biggest memories from both of those vids:

- The payback hit/punch on Festisov (idiot thought he really was tough enough to take on Wendel, LOL. Stick to kneeing numbnuts).

- Slap shot to knock Joseph's helmet off game 7 2nd round '93 (so much drama in that series for it to end with a blowout and that exclamation mark - of course it had to be Clark).

- McSorely fight after the Kings of course resorted to sending that POS out to elbow Gilmour in the face after losing Game 1 (f*** that was our series and our year).

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Haven’t watched this video is a long time, but it’s a favourite. I’m sure most of us older farts remember a lot of these clips, and the younger fans may not have seen them before...

Watching it now, with the team that we currently have, makes me long for a player like Wendel in his prime....

It was a different time and the game was played in a different way but the package this guy possessed was something else.

We could use us some Wendel..... :)

What a beauty and s beast!
Cheers! :cheers:

Cheers.

Had a way about him, didn’t he?

Love this video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad