Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
m7tfg1.png

get real, this team is not lucky enough to get mcdavid

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Missed it, just got back. Looks like I didn't miss much. :laugh:

I got into an argument with a fan at some restaurant I was at cause he legitimately believed Phaneuf was an AHL defenseman. Like legitimately, it was the most mind numbing argument I've ever had.

He'd be good in the AHL. He is average at best in the NHL, and I'm being kind. Poor effort level, lack of physicality, poor positional play, stupid penalties at bad times....you have your head in the sand if you don't see this.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Our problem is our forwards. The top line is still as one-dimensional as usual while Kadri needs a stronger two-way forward on his wing. Winnik is defensively responsible but isn't dynamic enough to be that guy on the second line.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
seriously?

my gawd, you need a refresher on what good hockey looks like, me thinks.

Our forwards didnt even enter our zone to be outlets for our d. Detroit just cycled through the slot at will while our forwards stand still.

Dion also had his worst game of the year, so far at least.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Uh what? Are you so used to mediocrity that you think we didn't play bad*? We played horrible tonight rofl

No, the Penguins game was horrible. This had the feel of things just not clicking and every single mistake ending up in the net.

The PK was perfect, for instance. Reffing was not great also.

Im not saying we played good, or it was good hockey. Just wasnt all that bad either. It was boring as heck, for one thing.

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
Our forwards didnt even enter our zone to be outlets for our d. Detroit just cycled through the slot at will while our forwards stand still.

Dion also had his worst game of the year, so far at least.

That boat anchor on his right didn't help much.

Terrible pairing.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Missed it, just got back. Looks like I didn't miss much. :laugh:

I got into an argument with a fan at some restaurant I was at cause he legitimately believed Phaneuf was an AHL defenseman. Like legitimately, it was the most mind numbing argument I've ever had.

Seriously. Everyone knows Phaneuf is an ECHL-caliber defenseman.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
He'd be good in the AHL. He is average at best in the NHL, and I'm being kind. Poor effort level, lack of physicality, poor positional play, stupid penalties at bad times....you have your head in the sand if you don't see this.

The argument wasn't even about his NHL play. You can hate Dion all you want that's fine but to deny that he's at the very least a NHL defenseman may be the dumbest argument I've ever had. :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In games like that you have to appreciate the talent on the ice, even if it is on the other team.

So who won the Corsi points?

Dubas was showing a chart to Shanahan during the intermission, I sure hope he had something more original than a shots directed at the net compilation.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm not even hating on Carlyle but what puzzles me most about this team is that it was clear a new coach/direction was needed for this season yet nobody pulled the trigger.

The problem remains the same in that do we even know who runs the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad