Blue Jays Discussion: Well, We're Down 3-2 In The Series. Jays in 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Price will get paid big time. The question is if he blows tomorrow, will his pay be impacted. I say it might be. Look at it this way...the Dodgers will almost certainly be the highest bidder on either Greinke or Price. Greinke has a solid playoff record over close to 60 innings...Price has a terrible playoff record over the same. If, on that basis, the Dodgers decide to go with Greinke over Price...Price will lose some money. We won't know for sure until the off-season but it's absolutely fair to contemplate.

We do have buehrle and his 14.5 coming off the books.we actually have a lot of dead weight coming off the books.

Is Donaldson a fa this year? And stroman?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope they have an offer and how they're going to negotiate ready, and don't spend a bunch of time figuring out if AA will be the GM or not.

There's no way AA isn't back.

Unless Shapiro wants to be the GM himself, or is going to ignore the work AA has done and bring in his own guy.

But I put those two things at a combined 0.01% possibility.

AA will be back, and I'm sure they have an offer for Price ready.

Last edited:

LaCarriere

We do have buehrle and his 14.5 coming off the books.we actually have a lot of dead weight coming off the books.

Is Donaldson a fa this year? And stroman?

Buehrle is making 20M this year.

Donaldson is in arbitration for 3 more years, but he is projected to get 12M in arbitration next year based on his service time and performance this year.

Stroman is still on his rookie contract, not arbitration eligible until 2018.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Unless Dombrowski wants to be the GM himself, or is going to ignore the work AA has done and bring in his own guy.

If Dombrowski didn't bring AA back he'd probably end up lynched in the middle of town by a bunch of angry fans. Unless AA goes and flips off Toronto theres no way he's not back

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Unless Dombrowski wants to be the GM himself, or is going to ignore the work AA has done and bring in his own guy.

Shapiro you mean, Dombrowski is in Boston.

All I'm saying is, if they jerk around figuring out a contract and role for AA while other teams are pursuing Price and Estrada and we go into the season with a bunch of young starters I'll be disappointed. This team should be a playoff team for the next 2 seasons at least.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Dombrowski? Huh?

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
In 2-3 years, the Jays should be projected to have good pitching like the Mets as well, right? I really think Osuna is something special.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Dombrowski didn't bring AA back he'd probably end up lynched in the middle of town by a bunch of angry fans. Unless AA goes and flips off Toronto theres no way he's not back

I think people would be upset, but I don't think it'd be that bad.

Shapiro you mean, Dombrowski is in Boston.

All I'm saying is, if they jerk around figuring out a contract and role for AA while other teams are pursuing Price and Estrada and we go into the season with a bunch of young starters I'll be disappointed. This team should be a playoff team for the next 2 seasons at least.

Yea, Shapiro Woops.

I agree, but I don't think it'll be an issue

Dombrowski? Huh?

Shapiro

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
so this is the year to have lots of money. there is a good handful of pitchers that will be free agent some great pen arms. and a few allstar position players..

I like price but I believe 2 arms would be better then a 30 m x 6 for a 30+ pitcher, see Detroits fun with (names on the tip of my tounge )

I would actually prefer going after grienke(pipedream) Zimmerman fister Gallardo. and because he should have been ours to begin with. Tim lincencum ....

chris davis. just for the fact rogers has to be his favorite place to hit.not likely but a nice idea. tho if we were going that route id prefer to see if aa could sneek a deal with atl for freeman and if we aren't to sure what to do in the outfield throw some money at cespedes.

looks like we should have some decent bp arms available as well. I was gonna post the available free agents but ill just post a link at the bottom

I don't think many players will be flocking to the dodgers. they seem to need to do a restructure. but again that depends with grienke but if he doesn't come back that's gonna send some red flags. but money talks more then loyalty and the desire to win

Link to free agents http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd re-sign Lowe and try and get Madson. Let Hawkins go (obviously) and try and trade for a left handed relief pitcher to compliment Cecil. Really would have been nice to get someone like Andrew Miller when he was on the market last off-season.

Oh well. Also, Ben Zobrist could be a great option for this team. He can play a lot of positions and is a FA.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We should sell high on Cola in the offseason

Why? You're not likely to get back much for him considering he has no track record. It would actually be smarter to keep him, increase his AB's and see if he can hit like this over a full season while playing decent enough D at 1B.

Trading him would be kinda stupid imo.

LaCarriere

Why? You're not likely to get back much for him considering he has no track record. It would actually be smarter to keep him, increase his AB's and see if he can hit like this over a full season while playing decent enough D at 1B.

Trading him would be kinda stupid imo.

Agreed. I don't see the point in trading a dirt cheap (league min) raker.

That's a guy that helps you to the playoffs, even in a platoon position. I'm not sure what you trade him for. You're not going to get a #2, #3 or even #4 pitcher for him. It's going to have to be a guy that's a recovery project that comes with risk.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Agreed. I don't see the point in trading a dirt cheap (league min) raker.

That's a guy that helps you to the playoffs, even in a platoon position. I'm not sure what you trade him for.

More and more Cola's bat looks legit.

If he can even be a average fielder at 1B, we might have found ourselves a solid player.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
so this is the year to have lots of money. there is a good handful of pitchers that will be free agent some great pen arms. and a few allstar position players..

I like price but I believe 2 arms would be better then a 30 m x 6 for a 30+ pitcher, see Detroits fun with (names on the tip of my tounge )

I would actually prefer going after grienke(pipedream) Zimmerman fister Gallardo. and because he should have been ours to begin with. Tim lincencum ....

chris davis. just for the fact rogers has to be his favorite place to hit.not likely but a nice idea. tho if we were going that route id prefer to see if aa could sneek a deal with atl for freeman and if we aren't to sure what to do in the outfield throw some money at cespedes.

looks like we should have some decent bp arms available as well. I was gonna post the available free agents but ill just post a link at the bottom

I don't think many players will be flocking to the dodgers. they seem to need to do a restructure. but again that depends with grienke but if he doesn't come back that's gonna send some red flags. but money talks more then loyalty and the desire to win

Link to free agents http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/

Greinke isn't the only pipedream you have (mainly because he seems to want to stay with the National League), Zimmerman I also can't see because of the Rogers cap and the fact that he will command money. Besides, I'm much more comfortable with Colabello after seeing his playoffs. He's had some clutch moments, though he can use some improvement in defensive awareness (Smoak too considering how godly he is on D). Cespedes means moving Pillar when he has been an absolute stud in centre field, or taking out Revere. In which case, Rogers cap still applies because Cespedes is going to command top dollar too.

But why would we ever go after Lincecum? His velocity dropped 4mph and has been suffering for it. Not to mention, his bad year in 2012 turned out to be rather damning considering the consistency, and the fact that he hasn't recovered his Cy Young self. He won't be good anymore, and we'd be getting sloppy seconds for no real good reason. Yovani Gallardo is beyond overrated now considering his stats are really only good against the Jays. He's not that good of a pitcher elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad