Post-Game Talk: Well We Win! Devils 2, Leafs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Our bottom 6 has a combined 10 goals? This is why we ****ing suck. Shut out our top 2 lines and you will win. No chance in hell the bottom 6 can help.

But that 4th line intimidates the hell out of opponents though, doesnt it? <insert sound if crickets>

Orr hasn't just lost a step, he's lost multiple strides. He cant keep up with the play and unfortunately doesnt have much else to offer.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Year ago on Coach's Corner Maclean mentioned the ref that night was from Montreal and Cherry replied "Aren't they all?" Have to admit that was hilarious.

This is not the first time Hebert screwed the Leafs around, yet if the habs are in a close game, it is a given that the habs will get a late PP or two...this guys name has been brought up a few times now and the league should start looking into this guy...should have his ass canned!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So Rielly or Gunnarsson who has the worst shot?

Rielly could have 8 goals with all the opportunities he has had.

Didn't he have amongst the strongerst grips at the combines? We know why now, he's be squeezing the life out of his sticks.

Leafs move back to 18th. in the league, if we disregard the extra game(s) they've played.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is not the first time Hebert screwed the Leafs around, yet if the habs are in a close game, it is a given that the habs will get a late PP or two...this guys name has been brought up a few times now and the league should start looking into this guy...should have his ass canned!

Are you a NHL ref questionnaire.

1. Do you believe in fair officiating without bias?

2. Are you a Habs or Bruins fan?

3. Are the Leafs the Vile scum of the earth?

If you answer yes to these questions, you too, can be a ref in the NHL

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Didn't he have amongst the strongerst grips at the combines? We know why now, he's be squeezing the life out of his sticks.

Leafs move back to 18th. in the league, if we disregard the extra game(s) they've played.

Rielly definitely needs to work on that shot. It's weak and not that accurate.

Gunnarsson has no shot.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Rielly definitely needs to work on that shot. It's weak and not that accurate.

Gunnarsson has no shot.

Weak? I wouldn't call his shot weak at all. Inaccurate would be a better word. He could have a lot of goals if he could hit the net. He's going to bury one time on that move he does where he cuts to the outside and goes the opposite top corner and it'll be beautiful. He looks for it all the time

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Nice to see the win, but man, the Leafs game is...I don't even know where it is. They need to find it, and fast! To be honest, I think the Devils should have had us in this one.

I liked the Gardiner-Rielly pairing, if only because it's two youngsters together. But man, that's a fast pairing!

That was a really weak called back goal. Shades of some of those phantom calls on Tomas Holmstrom because of his reputation.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
While the 2 points in nice, all these SO wins could be troublesome come playoff time.

With ROW being the main tiebreaker and Leafs leading in SO wins to accumulate their points it might have a problem. With a bunch of teams battling for wild cards and ending up potentially tied in points Leafs will lose those tiebreakers.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
While the 2 points in nice, all these SO wins could be troublesome come playoff time.

With ROW being the main tiebreaker and Leafs leading in SO wins to accumulate their points it might have a problem. With a bunch of teams battling for wild cards and ending up potentially tied in points Leafs will lose those tiebreakers.

Remember the shoot-out loss in New Jersey? I believe that started the string of missed playoffs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Remember the shoot-out loss in New Jersey? I believe that started the string of missed playoffs.

I don't like Leafs chances in holding a wild card when the music stops because of limited regulation-ot-wins and feasting on shootout wins to secure points.

Besides SO go away when the playoffs start so winning in regulation becomes mandatory and the regulation season is only warm-up practice to ROW.

I could see 3-4 teams tied in points for the wild card spot in the East the way things are unfolding. If Leafs are one of them then the season is over.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nice to see the win, but man, the Leafs game is...I don't even know where it is. They need to find it, and fast! To be honest, I think the Devils should have had us in this one.

I liked the Gardiner-Rielly pairing, if only because it's two youngsters together. But man, that's a fast pairing!

That was a really weak called back goal. Shades of some of those phantom calls on Tomas Holmstrom because of his reputation.

Jake Gardiner was our weakest defenceman last night, his decision making when you see a game live is atrocious.

1 - He has men open and he refuses to move the puck up quickly
2 - He shoots the puck up the boards to waiting Devils players
3 - He loses every puck battle out of the corners
4 - He never shoots the puck even in good scoring position

All the things that some keep saying be patient with him for 2 years now. I wonder if this is just Jake, but people who say Gardiner was good last night were not correct.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

I remember there was a SO loss that the Leafs didn't even play in that kicked them out of the playoffs. It was the Devils and Islanders and the Isles beat them in the shootout. Of course the Devils started Clemmensen that game too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I remember there was a SO loss that the Leafs didn't even play in that kicked them out of the playoffs. It was the Devils and Islanders and the Isles beat them in the shootout. Of course the Devils started Clemmensen that game too.

Yep, that's the one I was referring to.

A shoot-out killed the Leafs that year and it stacking up that way right now.

At least this year they are winning them, unfortunately, they are the only games they are winning.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Weak? I wouldn't call his shot weak at all. Inaccurate would be a better word. He could have a lot of goals if he could hit the net. He's going to bury one time on that move he does where he cuts to the outside and goes the opposite top corner and it'll be beautiful. He looks for it all the time

It's weak as hell. He has no slap shot either.

The amount of times he flubbed a shot into the chest of the goaltender while using his speed to rush down the boards. Or the weak wrister from the point, meh.

It's weak in terms of NHL standards, and he misses the corners all the time.

It'll get better as he gets stronger and keeps progressing, but right now it's below-average.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The biggest knock on Rielly when we drafted him is that he needs a stronger shot .. I have faith that will come with time

He's been a bit snake bitten too I've found on those opportunities .. Some tough rookie luck

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Jake Gardiner was our weakest defenceman last night, his decision making when you see a game live is atrocious.

All the things that some keep saying be patient with him for 2 years now. I wonder if this is just Jake, but people who say Gardiner was good last night were not correct.
He wasn't even the worst player on his pairing last night.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I don't count this one as another 3pnt game for the Leafs. It should have been a 3-2 regulation win with better officiating.

sports don't work like that, this team has shown it's inability to hold a lead if they counted the goal NJ would have pressed more pulled there goalie Toronto would have sat back more and gave up better opportunities to score. I highly doubt they could have secured a 3-2 win had that goal counted we've seen it a lot this season. teams play differently when the score is 2-2 then 3-2. game probably ends 4-3 in a shootout instead.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Gardiner needs to get stronger around the boards just like several of our defensemen, that's perhaps the biggest weakness on our team. But that's relatively easy to fix. His decision making concerns me much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad