GDT: Welcome to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Just kind of bugs me that Roy is saying that about Stastny. Not that I want him traded, but he's arguably our best Trade Chip and the Defense still needs attention.

I want to be wrong, but I have a sinking feeling that trading for Corey Sarich is all the Avs are going to do for the Defensive corps this year and that's just not good enough.

God help us. Give Varly a chance to succeed!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just kind of bugs me that Roy is saying that about Stastny. Not that I want him traded, but he's arguably our best Trade Chip and the Defense still needs attention.

I want to be wrong, but I have a sinking feeling that trading for Corey Sarich is all the Avs are going to do for the Defensive corps this year and that's just not good enough.

You're right, but an Offer-sheet isn't a trade. :nod:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

I expect some FA action.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Unless ROR is really the piece that will be going once the dust settles, but due to the 1 year rule, we will have to wait.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Uh.. fair enough

Not upgrading our defense is freaking scary though. Although my theory on them offer-sheeting Pietro is becoming more likely. hehe

It's funny how 'not upgrading our defense is scary' but it's the VERY SAME defence we had in 2011-12 when we had 41 wins 35 losses and 88 points with the exception of Zanon (O'Brien and Sarich are a wash).

The only real difference is that our guys are older and in theory should be better. We are not as bad as people think, a lot of people seriously underestimating the Joe Sucko factor here.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Offersheets never work though. They just drive up player prices up. See O'Reilly. So what's the point?

Because St. Louis is in our division/conference? Win win IMO

People keep screaming they never work, but there is some teams that are seriously up against the cap.

If they have a chance of working it's this off-season.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Well yeah it sucks.
But if we are 100 % honest to ourselves, making the playoffs next year always was a longshot.
STL and Chicago are far superior to us right now.
Minnesota will have a year and an offseason to get things right and they should be a better and more experienced team than we are.

I am fine with giving Barrie and maybe Elliott a shot and with finding out what EJ can do under Roy.
Our whole roster is basically expiring next year.
I guess the time for the big moves will come at this years deadline or next offseason.

I just hope they get a Ference or best Scuderi in UFA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad