Welcome to TED Talk - Tempe is in, so what’s next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
For someone who “doesn’t give a shit” you’re doing a lot of discussion about it.
Believe me, I get more pissed at myself than you do, especially when the poster who claims he hates the board posts one of his dumb ass responses to my posts. I probably should just avoid this thread altogether. There's never the scrap of actual news of progress I'm looking for anyway.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Come on man, you're smarter than that. He wouldn't get the city's cash/assistance for the project without the team. Bah, I don't even give a shit anymore. Sorry I brought it up and made you delete my fan's post and my response. My original post wasn't meant to stir anything up. Was just too long winded in pointing out that a crappy team won't sell here no matter how small the arena is and the prices will tank, just like the team is so he'll be able to buy tickets cheaper if he's patient imo.
Lol…a crappy team doesn’t sell almost everywhere and that includes every sport. Heck…if the Yanks sucked fans wouldn’t show. There are alot of variables that go in to how many fans show for crappy teams..e.g. the Cubs.

Coyotes are even more unique in that they have sucked for a very long time. You may be right that if the Yotes are really bad fans may stop showing even in 5k rink but you also would have to factor in the cost of each ticket that I believe is significantly above league average.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lol…a crappy team doesn’t sell almost everywhere and that includes every sport. Heck…if the Yanks sucked fans wouldn’t show. There are alot of variables that go in to how many fans show for crappy teams..e.g. the Cubs.

Coyotes are even more unique in that they have sucked for a very long time. You may be right that if the Yotes are really bad fans may stop showing even in 5k rink but you also would have to factor in the cost of each ticket that I believe is significantly above league average.
Tickets are significantly above league average?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Per the March 23 article from the Athletic, the league average ticket price is $82.58. The TML lead the league this year at $145.60. I believe we are going to clock in next year at over $200.
Minor omission in that Leaf's average from the article you mentioned:

"The most expensive team for a family is the Toronto Maple Leafs at $697.75 (U.S.), a number driven primarily by their league-leading average ticket price of $145.60. That doesn’t include premium ticket costs."

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Gutierrez has said they would come in just above the league average.

But let’s put that into context.

The other averages are based on arenas with multiple levels. Upper levels seats are generally well below the average.

Coyotes don’t have that.

So if you want to truly do a proper comparison you average out just the lower level prices in each arena and then see how it stacks up.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

The other averages are based on arenas with multiple levels. Upper levels seats are generally well below the average.

Coyotes don’t have that.

So if you want to truly do a proper comparison you average out just the lower level prices in each arena and then see how it stacks up.

But...how many NHL arenas have a student section? :snide:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Coyotes don’t have that.

Yep, was going to state as much, but horses to water and all. I mean this should be obvious.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The dasher boards are in.....

ASU_MPA_#2-20220812-105020.jpg

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Per the March 23 article from the Athletic, the league average ticket price is $82.58. The TML lead the league this year at $145.60. I believe we are going to clock in next year at over $200.
The Arena will be empty......

I paid 75€ bucks to See Coldplay in Berlin Last Month. And that was freaking Coldplay.
So over 150 is a Bit much.

Do you think i get a Student Discount, even If i am a Student of another University?

Reactions: PainForShane

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I paid 75€ bucks to See Coldplay in Berlin Last Month. And that was freaking Coldplay.

Do you think i get a Student Discount, even If i am a Student of another University?
You are comparing apples to oranges. NHL, the premier hockey league in the world.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I believe Morgan said the temporary arena is 2/3rds sold out so far. Someone who listened to Keeping Karlson podcast can confirm. I think that’s where he mentioned it.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

What is this Coldplay? I'm guessing a band or something of the sort?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
August 18 council agendas are out. Currently only see the Coyotes on the executive session agenda.

Regular meeting agenda is massive and could change before then.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Its sad that He is gone.

Me and my Brother were at His Concert in Cologne in 2016 and it was awesome. Just wonderful.

SirLancelot

Aug 9, 2022
I"ve wondered how they will handle the smaller rink . Will prices be much higher to reflect the lack of volume. I would think they would try to maximize this , but will the consumer bite? I think at first it will be a bit of a novelty to go and people will pay, but as time goes on and the product still not that good it might be tougher.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The first year they have to cash in on the novelty.

That second year they’re gonna have to hope they do enough to bring in corporate sponsors. That is of course unless they can market the next generational talent next season.

Reactions: PainForShane

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The first year they have to cash in on the novelty.

That second year they’re gonna have to hope they do enough to bring in corporate sponsors. That is of course unless they can market the next generational talent next season.
IF the Coyote's can't sell 4500 tickets or whatever it is, you may as well back up the trucks. There should be 10,000 waiting list. Not being able to sell out the first day proves that the fans have had enough and are waiting for Coyote's to prove they deserve our money. I don't think not selling out the first day has anything to do with money as many are using that for an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad