Welcome to TED Talk - Tempe is in, so what’s next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
3lf6YCItKcF3Wrrs7tp1PL0eyOT.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
While I didn't post in it much because I don't live in Arizona anymore, I read the entire first Tempe thread. It makes me sad that I don't live in Tempe anymore. The site of the proposed TED is under five miles from where I used to live.

Reactions: PainForShane

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I thought, way back when they were trying to put the Coyotes in at Los Arcos, that the spot where Tempe Marketplace now is would have been much better. The TED is just west of there, so I'm thrilled about the location (even though it's out of reach for me personally).

The hard part will be getting over a) the City of Phoenix's full-court political pressure against it and b) the looming specter of the Grift Circus that was IceArizona. Tempe will be more likely to see through the first, but I don't blame them for being very hesitant based on the latter.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This is where we talk about our inner feelings and how micro-loans and rooftop solar will solve poverty and prevent climate Armageddon.

I actually just got solar panels installed and turned on a couple months ago. Our April bill was half of what it was the previous year and just under a half of the bill was the monthly SRP fees.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@TheLegend - RE: Tempe using this site as office/condo space, isn’t the land rehab expense going to be too prohibitive for most developers? Isn’t that why it’s still in its current state? I thought the appeal of the TED deal was Meruelo footing the bill for that part.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
While I didn't post in it much because I don't live in Arizona anymore, I read the entire first Tempe thread. It makes me sad that I don't live in Tempe anymore. The site of the proposed TED is under five miles from where I used to live.
Come back.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I actually just got solar panels installed and turned on a couple months ago. Our April bill was half of what it was the previous year and just under a half of the bill was the monthly SRP fees.
What did your solar panels cost?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

Fabricated, eh? Ya don't f***ing say.

Give your balls a tug, Sky Harbor. Jesus, they're grasping at f***ing straws. Seriously, these snakes will do anything to stop this from happening.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Last statement "Let's how we get our land deals locked up in Tempe". Even Biz gets it's about the land, not the arena. Also, great show of Matthews in a Yotes sweater!

Biz's face during this conversation gets me excited. It's like a light bulb goes off and he suddenly wants a piece of the franchise because he knows how money it would be with a new arena and a new, homegrown, #1C.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Biz's face during this conversation gets me excited. It's like a light bulb goes off and he suddenly wants a piece of the franchise because he knows how money it would be with a new arena and a new, homegrown, #1C.
Even better hearing former players who most likely have inside info saying he's coming here.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
@TheLegend - RE: Tempe using this site as office/condo space, isn’t the land rehab expense going to be too prohibitive for most developers? Isn’t that why it’s still in its current state? I thought the appeal of the TED deal was Meruelo footing the bill for that part.
Only one of the parcels contains the compost yard. The other (where the arena is planned to go) was already earmarked for Carvana to build on.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Come on man. He talks to players, coaches and people throughout NHL organizations as well as media. I don't talk to any of those people. Do you? I'm not saying he or any of those guys on the podcasts know everything but they know a hell of a lot more than us.
Do you really think Matthew's is dumb enough to tell anyone his intentions 2 years out so he can get roasted in the fish bowl? I maybe missing someone but I can't recall a single star player who has done this??

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Do you really think Matthew's is dumb enough to tell anyone his intentions 2 years out so he can get roasted in the fish bowl? I maybe missing someone but I can't recall a single star player who has done this??
Christ here comes the Leafs expert. They don't know for sure. No one does. They're speculating. What I'm saying is they're more informed so they're speculation has actual knowledge behind it unlike us random people on a message board. Not everything is f***ing black and white.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Christ here comes the Leafs expert. They don't know for sure. No one does. They're speculating. What I'm saying is they're more informed so they're speculation has actual knowledge behind it unlike us random people on a message board. Not everything is f***ing black and white.
Oh I don't think he's staying in Toronto and I don't think Whitney knows much about anything have you ever listened to him??

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Come on man. He talks to players, coaches and people throughout NHL organizations as well as media. I don't talk to any of those people. Do you? I'm not saying he or any of those guys on the podcasts know everything but they know a hell of a lot more than us.
So if you think Biz talks to people how do you feel about this?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So if you think Biz talks to people how do you feel about this?

You're the Leafs expert. Whitney is just a former player. Probably just does the pod cast from his mom's basement and never talks to anyone. You should shoot him a message and let him know what's really going on.

Reactions: Kaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad