Welcome to TED Talk - Tempe is in, so what’s next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IF the Coyote's can't sell 4500 tickets or whatever it is, you may as well back up the trucks. There should be 10,000 waiting list. Not being able to sell out the first day proves that the fans have had enough and are waiting for Coyote's to prove they deserve our money. I don't think not selling out the first day has anything to do with money as many are using that for an excuse.

You can't apply Canadian market thinking here.

Someone started a new thread in BoH claiming tickets are already showing up on Stub Hub at close to twice the listed price. Coyotes haven't even began the offer single game tickets yet. So it looks like you've got people already trying to cash in on the situation (or offset what they paid to buy their packages.)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
IF the Coyote's can't sell 4500 tickets or whatever it is, you may as well back up the trucks. There should be 10,000 waiting list. Not being able to sell out the first day proves that the fans have had enough and are waiting for Coyote's to prove they deserve our money. I don't think not selling out the first day has anything to do with money as many are using that for an excuse.
I think you got the wrong market on your mind.

Someone started a new thread in BoH claiming tickets are already showing up on Stub Hub at close to twice the listed price. Coyotes haven't even began the offer single game tickets yet. So it looks like you've got people already trying to cash in on the situation (or offset what they paid to buy their packages.)
Interesting. The team has the first option to purchase any tickets offered up for sale prior to say 3-5 days, I don't remember the actual timeframe. Sellers also risk losing sth status by selling over twelve games within the season.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Funny. "If i lose the election, it must have been rigged." Nothing like creating false expectations, I tell ya!

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
StubHub...yeah

Screenshot_20220816-143245.png

In contrast, tickets to see the reigning champs are cheap.

Screenshot_20220816-143727.png

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Surprised at you MD, you know damn well that other arena's have upper levels and therefore tickets will start out cheaper.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Surprised at you MD, you know damn well that other arena's have upper levels and therefore tickets will start out cheaper.

Right, but it's still a supply demand equation, and it answers the question of "is there sufficient demand?" While it's too soon to tell with the season 2 months away, early indications are that demand in a 4700 seat arena will not be an issue for the owners, but might be unpleasant for some of the fans wishing to attend.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Interesting. The team has the first option to purchase any tickets offered up for sale prior to say 3-5 days, I don't remember the actual timeframe. Sellers also risk losing sth status by selling over twelve games within the season.

That's what I thought given what those who post here have said.

Just looking there now...

There's a pair available for Oct. 28th against the Jets... just off from behind the Coyotes bench for $1222....... EACH.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Does the temp rink have a name? Sponsorship? Or really just the ASU multi purpose arena?
It supposedly has a name, just not announced yet.

The community rink at the MPA has one.

Mountain America Community Iceplex at ASU.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Year 2 will have a shit ton more high picks and overall talent on the ice. The product won't be comparable to this tankastrophy in year one of the college arena. IMO anyway.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Fans are fans. Vegas had no problem.

I think you got the wrong market on your mind.

What about Vegas?

Funny. "If i lose the election, it must have been rigged." Nothing like creating false expectations, I tell ya!
Have no idea what the hell this means.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That's what I thought given what those who post here have said.

Just looking there now...

There's a pair available for Oct. 28th against the Jets... just off from behind the Coyotes bench for $1222....... EACH.
Oh it’s definitely written and signed off on by the sth’s, question becomes will the team act on it?

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Fans are fans. Vegas had no problem.

What about Vegas?

Have no idea what the hell this means. Maybe you should ask TGO since you are buddy buddy.:laugh:
Vegas had nothing, zilch, Nadda, for the locals, until the GK’s. Starved for entertainment may seem odd in a city that folks for whatever reason flock to, but just imagine how boring all of what brings those folks in becomes to locals. They also iced a winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Vegas had nothing, zilch, Nadia, for the locals, until the GK’s. Starved for entertainment may seem on in a city that folks for whatever reason flock to, but just imagine how boring all of what brings those folks in becomes to locals. They also iced a winner.

Context has eluded Jakey.

There was a reason why Bill Foley pushed so hard to get into Vegas before the Raiders, and come out swinging like he did.

Las Vegas metro is 1/3 the size of Phoenix metro. But it has umpteen times the corporate clout. You can bet your ass VGK sold a lot more tickets to corporate sponsors than the Coyotes could even manage.

Las Vegas now has two major pro franchises to Phoenix's four. And the NBA and MLB are still taking a serious look at going there. Even with all that corporate clout it's going to get dicey.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Vegas had nothing, zilch, Nadia, for the locals, until the GK’s. Starved for entertainment may seem on in a city that folks for whatever reason flock to, but just imagine how boring all of what brings those folks in becomes to locals. They also iced a winner.
Well, Nadia might have been a dancer somewhere on or off the Strip there, but...

Las Vegas now has two major pro franchises to Phoenix's four. And the NBA and MLB are still taking a serious look at going there. Even with all that corporate clout it's going to get dicey.
yet another Vegas pun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad