Welcome to TED Talk - Battle of the Economic Reports is ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
She said they got together and had a block party thing to discuss the pros and cons and the cons won out. Most of her neighborhood is aged 60+. She's kind of an outlier in her early 40s. The consensus was "if there's a Plan B, then they can go build it there."

Did they discuss plan B for the dump? Seems like that's more important to Tempe tax payers than whatever AM's plan B is.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Well if thats what they decided.
But why do they think there is a plan b. Nobody said that publicly.
And also why not build there? Its a compost yard.
Beats me. I gave up on trying to figure out why people do what they do a long time ago. As far as the Plan B, I think there's been enough talk about it online that people have heard there is one. A couple folks I worked with asked me last week if Plan B was down here south of the 101/202 and the Suns are the only team I've ever heard them talk about. So it's out there for sure.

Did they discuss plan B for the dump? Seems like that's more important to Tempe tax payers than whatever AM's plan B is.
Last time I talked to her I told her the city would have to pay to clean it up if TED doesn't go through, so she might have brought it up. But we only had a quick conversation, so I can't verify.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They'll release all the ballots which have been counted to that point. It won't be 100% of the votes, but I'd expect it will be a large enough % of the ballots to predict the outcome.
Unless it’s too close to call on the earlies, i guess. Then it’s sitting and waiting time…

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
@TheLegend - I am dubbing you the official bouncer of Coyotes forums everywhere. For real y'all, between the PHNX podcast today and the BoH thread, our dude is treating trolls like belligerent sophomores and tossing 'em out the MF club. I tip my hat.

Whomever that was was an obvious troll who didn’t get very far.

I’m going to guess it was one of those activist group people. There’s a few of them who keep invading the TempeWins page on FB.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Between the arena site and Broadway.

So they're really close unless my memory of the area is off. Haven't been through there in a while. I'd imaging they're more likely to be impacted directly, in some way, by the development based on location than most other Tempe communities. I wonder how much that might've factored into their voting no. And hopefully the way they see it isn't the common opinion in Tempe.

Edit: And hopefully some of the residents went rogue and voted yes anyways, community meeting be damned. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad