Post-Game Talk: Welcome to 1984

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why did Haas miss this game? Sick? Hurt? HS?
HS is what i heard. He didn't have a great game in NJ so I assume they subbed him out because they wanted to get Khaira and Archibald back in the rotation. I'm perfectly fine with that until a clear 6 players cement themselves in the bottom 6. I'd sub Haas back in for Archibald in Chicago.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Best game of the season for the team so far. So many solid performers. Tippetts systems are working and working well.
Smiths best game so far.
Thats 10 points in the bank and we have only played 5 games.

Reactions: Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This pretty much confirms what I saw today.....

20192020_20061_cfdiff_5v5.png

ErnieScar Brocket99

Oct 11, 2019
Stony Plain
That looked like a second coming of Patrik Stefan. He was so damn close to missing it. Ferraro would have had a field day with this if he missed and say "that does not belong in the NHL, Leon Draisaitl you should be ashamed of yourself."
Lol!!!!! I watched that game when Stefan missed the open net and then the oilers counter up ice and hemsky scores to tie the game late in the third!!!

ErnieScar Brocket99

Oct 11, 2019
Stony Plain
It's less than that given that 1) you must replace Manning with a player on the active roster, and 2) Gagner's cap hit is only 2.2 while buried. It will be much closer to 3-3.5M not 5M, and that money will be going towards (and likely won't fully cover) Nurse's new deal. I'd rather not invest that money in an already declining, north of 30 2nd line player. This wouldn't be far off taking on Frolik for 5 years at 5.2M. We should look elsewhere for top 6 help, or target a different player on Winnipeg and add to Larsson if needed.
What about ehlers? I don't know if I spelled his name right, lol. Small but extremely fast and skilled

Billy Barou

Mar 4, 2011
FRIG WOO BOYS!

Don't get me wrong I want to see Neal crack 40 goals but it's nice to see the scoring spread around this game.

I know this streak can't last forever but if they keep this pace up I could honestly see 15 wins in a row. I do have a bit of fear of them falling into the Lightning trap of clinching playoffs too soon and then not playing enough meaningful hockey leading into the playoffs, it's a good problem to have though! GOILERS

It's good to see the snowflakes over at CP are feeling courageous enough to venture out of their Safe Space. Lucic was fantastic on special teams again successfully killing off 4:17 on the PP.

This is the season that just keeps on giving.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
What would be ideal is Larsson returning to his 2016/17 form. He's a year from his next contract and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. He's not likely to see much of a raise.

Larsson isn't exactly replaceable. We have no one in our system who offers what he does.
William Laggeson says hi

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
First full game I saw. Complete effort after a little sloppy start. Topline is unstoppable, Smith was solid, Bear awesome. Maybe Archibald was the only "bad". Persson's posture and the way he moves reminds me a lot of Klingberg. In 5 years he has come from pretty much from a beer league to NHL. Already making moves as a last man in offensive blueline, something we haven't seen in a while.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
What about ehlers? I don't know if I spelled his name right, lol. Small but extremely fast and skilled
I wanted Ehlers before the season started....but now the kid is playing up a storm....Winnipeg will have to go on a serious death skid based on a defensive nightmare now to make either Ehlers or Kyle Connor available. Cant trade Larsson when he is hurt likely anyways...
But you never Know maybe Persson and Bear will both continue to learn and succeed when they face the inevitable adversity ....Maybe Winnipeg will start losing by mid November and be desparate to fix their defense...maybe they will face injury on D...

Reactions: ErnieScar Brocket99

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Just rewarched parts of the game again and I’ve seen fans of opposing teams say that we are a boring team to watch, I’m assuming simply because of the coach’s reputation with the coyotes. From an oilers fan perspective and especially yesterday you see that after the 1st the pedal was always pushed, presssure causing turnovers and by simply watching the game I’ve contracted the claps, etc. They also couldn’t get anything through and when they did smith stopped them, so they’re mad over that for sure. They were getting destroyed all over the ice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad