Player Discussion Welcome Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I won't talk about the trade but I think he'll be very good for this team. If only we had both Markov and Weber in their primes, it would be the best pairing in the league.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
calmness and leadership that never amounted to anything while he was in Nashville.

But that's Nashville. This is what Montreal needs.

Coaches always have their favorites, there are players they mesh with and others they don't. It has never felt like Laviolette and Weber fit together. Sort of like PK and Therrien. Weber and Trotz was a better fit cause Trotz is more defensive, sort of like Therrien. Laviolette has always been more offensive, sometime it does well for his teams, other times it sanks them.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Weber is a fantastic player and will make a great contribution to the Habs. Problem is we traded a better player to get him.

Weber is going to get absolutely devoured by Habs fans because its going to be very hard to separate who he is as a player from what he took away from the fanbase.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Great player. He's still in his prime and going to be excellent for another 3-4 years. He also doesn't have any clauses on his contract and we'll be able to move him to whoever needs to get to the cap floor.

Not as good offensively as PK, but better defensively, so that's the trade off. I'm a big Weber fan so I'm good with the deal

Not as good as offensively as PK but he actually scores more goals.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Great great player. Team Canada, leader, captain, physical, has size, goal scorer and will protect Price better. Bottom line we get an older but definitely better player. Love him!

My sentiments exactly.

I guess there was truth to the rumors about PK being an issue in the locker room.

It also explains why PK's website was almost devoid of any mention of the Canadiens and only had 2-3 pictures of him in a Habs sweater. PK knew this was coming and probably was asking for it.

Helluva return!!! Welcome to Montreal Mr. Weber!!!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Nice welcome. It's not his fault your guy's favourite player got traded.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Markov-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Barberio

That's actually a really sexy defence....pick movement, toughness and the ability to score on each pair

Just hurts to lose PK

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Love this move. Hate the contract, but I think that this team is headed in the right direction. I'm assuming we also sign Ladd or Backes. Gonna be a very different locker room.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ordinarily I'd be happy to welcome this guy... now I just feel bad for him. He's nowhere near PK Subban and he's going to have a rough, rough ride here. Not his fault but man did we get ripped off here.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Can't blame Weber, this is all on berg and that dreadful coach mt. Couple of idiots.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
last season the Habs defense scored 23 goals (Subban 6, Markov 5, Petry 5, Beaulieu 2, Barberio 2, Pateryn 1, Gilbert 1, Dietz 1, Emelin 0, Hanley 0, Ellis 0, Bartley 0, Tinordi 0, Johnston 0, Lernout 0) Weber had 20 goals.

Here's the goal leaders in the NHL for defensemen last year,

Burns 27
Giordano/OEL 21
Weber 20

Subban was tied at 51st in the league.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
last season the Habs defense scored 23 goals (Subban 6, Markov 5, Petry 5, Beaulieu 2, Barberio 2, Pateryn 1, Gilbert 1, Dietz 1, Emelin 0, Hanley 0, Ellis 0, Bartley 0, Tinordi 0, Johnston 0, Lernout 0) Weber had 20 goals.

Here's the goal leaders in the NHL for defensemen last year,

Burns 27
Giordano/OEL 21
Weber 20

Subban was tied at 51st in the league.

Subban also had his worst year ever goalscoring wise (except the season he played 2 games).

He was 6th, 19th, 2nd and 36th (rookie year) in previous years.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm thrilled we got Weber.He is a Denis Potvin type of defenseman (not as far as level, but in style).This is the best prototype for a #1.Huge size, huge shot, PP quarterback, leader.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
No ****ing welcome party for Weber. I hate him already.
My heart is bleeding right now
Bergevin worst than Houle
****ing clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad