Player Discussion Welcome Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Welcome Weber, hope you'll like the stay here. Unfortunately for you, your slow ass is not going to get covered by strong defensive system and defensively responsible players like in NSH.

Will be bought out in year 2-3.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Great great player. Team Canada, leader, captain, physical, has size, goal scorer and will protect Price better. Bottom line we get an older but definitely better player. Love him!

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I love Shea Weber, but I'd rather have Subban for the 2016-17 season, and every season after that.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I just hope nobody is going to boo this guys. Great defenseman, not his fault our genius GM traded a superior defenseman for him.

Welcome Shea.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I don't like this trade based on value.

But he will bring a calmness to this team and leadership that was obviously deficient.

calmness and leadership that never amounted to anything while he was in Nashville.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I like Weber and think he will be a positive for us. Still would rather have PK.

I guess the plus here is Weber has no NMC so we could move him if things don't work out.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
I like Weber a lot. Will be a solid addition for so many reasons.

But I have now seen the light with regards to Therrien/Bergevin.
We just traded away some of the Habs soul.
Going to miss you PK.

member 256847

Weber's going to be good to great for the next 3-4 years (though not Subban great), then when Bergevin's long gone, an albatross we curse til the end of times, or at least until Subban retires. This has the makings of Scott Gomez 2.0. I hope we learn PK was eating babies and puppies for breakfast because otherwise this trade makes no sense.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Great player. He's still in his prime and going to be excellent for another 3-4 years. He also doesn't have any clauses on his contract and we'll be able to move him to whoever needs to get to the cap floor.

Not as good offensively as PK, but better defensively, so that's the trade off. I'm a big Weber fan so I'm good with the deal

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Great player. He's still in his prime and going to be excellent for another 3-4 years. He also doesn't have any clauses on his contract and we'll be able to move him to whoever needs to get to the cap floor.

Not as good offensively as PK, but better defensively, so that's the trade off. I'm a big Weber fan so I'm good with the deal

Watching Shea Weber last playoffs he was getting exposed defensively. He's to slow for the modern NHL...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I was watching his highlights, he scored a hat trick vs detroit

The puck hit the post hit the window behind and came back into the net

Jesus christ what a bomb he has

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Welcome Shea! The prototype #1 D with the booming shot.Une vraie garnotte.

Huge body too.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That is not good to hear. Subban was the guy who would step up in big games when the spotlight and pressure was on.

He also has a brutal contract, older than Subban, and is on the decline. Preds just became my 2nd favorite team. I'm done watching the habs this season just trade Price and Galchenyuk, and sign more grinders for all I give a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad