Post-Game Talk (GBU): Welcome back Sabres!

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
The very ugly

Dahlin only has 17:12 of ice time while Golden Boy Risto has 26:10. He even had 4 minutes less than Bogo. Criminal that Dahlin got so little ice time while Golden Boy is gifted far more.

Dahlin could average 3 points per game over the course of a season, and Idiot Housley would still view Risto as the #1

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Even though it wasnt their best effort, I cant wait to see Gus-Larry in a playoff series. Theyre gonna piss off some teams night after night in a series.

I've thought about this in the past. Both Larry and Gus are just the kind of player that ends up being playoff warrior. Netting more points in a playoff run than they do in the regular season. Well that's my dream I guess lol.

G) Line 2 for sure. Super impressive showing for them. Pretty happy for those three guys.
Jack,
Dahlin, he is going to break Bobby Orr's record of two streaks of a point in five games. Not only that, he's going to go on eight game streak to abolish it.
Against all of you I'm going to say I was Impressed by Hunwick. For such a long layoff and how little he's played in over a year I saw him backcheck harder than anyone I've seen on the team all year on one shift to effectively break up a play in our end. I thought he represented himself well overall with one glaringly bad shift.

B) Hutton was pretty uneven overall and we need better but I don't believe Linus is the answer. I think in order for the tandem to work, Hutton has to be better.

U) Scandy yet again. Wow what a mess this guy has been this entire year. I'd sit him for whoever before I sit Hunwick tomorrow.

Phil's hair. It's just not right. Do something there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabreality

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Great: Dahlin with a Calder level performance. Staying in town during the break and putting the work in looks to helped. Sheary with energy and scoring.

Can Housley think like a chess player now and a few moves ahead ? Finally remove Scandella, have Botts callup Smith to help 3rd line and other proactive changes.

Probably not.

Would like to see our Goalies get there groove back. One sure way to help catch other teams. But Hutton has always been Hot/Cold and Linus is still young.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The very ugly

Dahlin only has 17:12 of ice time while Golden Boy Risto has 26:10. He even had 4 minutes less than Bogo. Criminal that Dahlin got so little ice time while Golden Boy is gifted far more.

Dahlin could average 3 points per game over the course of a season, and Idiot Housley would still view Risto as the #1

Who ever is paired with Risto is inevitably going to get major ice time. Risto is the golden boy? He is shit on so much. Dahlin is 18 and has never played a schedule an intensive as this.

Reactions: ValJames

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G
Top line
Dahlin - OMG he's so good.
2nd Line
McCabes hit on DuBois. I feel like he is at his best when he can assert himself physically and stay out of the box. He's a guy that can change the Mo of a game.
Girgs

B
Okposo
Pominville
Scandella
Sobotka

U
Housley's line usage.

Good win over a good team that we're chasing. Raise the bar tomorrow and take it to a team that's struggling in Dallas.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Who ever is paired with Risto is inevitably going to get major ice time. Risto is the golden boy? He is **** on so much. Dahlin is 18 and has never played a schedule an intensive as this.

Risto is the Golden Boy to Phil and Sabres management. No matter how he does, he is gifted 25-30 minutes every single night

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
The very ugly

It's Dahlins first pro season. He's already played way more games then he did all last year. It might be a conditioning thing

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
Nice Win!!!

Oh, and FYI, 2 Philly scouts at tonights game, 2 Buffalo scouts at the Philly game...……………………………..interesting...………...
Simmonds trade incoming? A little wary of the price tag... I bet it's Nylander + a pick.

G:
Mittelstadt-Sheary-Rodrigues
Dahliiiiiin

B:
Scandella
Sobotka

U:
Housley. 1) Quick chewing like a goddamn cow. 2) Bench Scandella immediately.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Dahlin is going to be the best defender in the league.

His numbers are great and still peaking up, but damn, he just plays a beautiful game.

Makes the smart choice with ease and creates a smart choice out of nothing.

I just don’t see any real weaknesses that can’t be fixed with skill and strength training.

Next year is gonna be nuts!

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The season can turn again tomorrow - how good would entering a 7 game home stand with 3 wins in 4, 2 in a row, feel?

Let's do this boys. Let us stay on this hope train as long as possible.

Reactions: TheStorm

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I've thought about this in the past. Both Larry and Gus are just the kind of player that ends up being playoff warrior. Netting more points in a playoff run than they do in the regular season. Well that's my dream I guess lol.

G) Line 2 for sure. Super impressive showing for them. Pretty happy for those three guys.
Jack,
Dahlin, he is going to break Bobby Orr's record of two streaks of a point in five games. Not only that, he's going to go on eight game streak to abolish it.
Against all of you I'm going to say I was Impressed by Hunwick. For such a long layoff and how little he's played in over a year I saw him backcheck harder than anyone I've seen on the team all year on one shift to effectively break up a play in our end. I thought he represented himself well overall with one glaringly bad shift.

B) Hutton was pretty uneven overall and we need better but I don't believe Linus is the answer. I think in order for the tandem to work, Hutton has to be better.

U) Scandy yet again. Wow what a mess this guy has been this entire year. I'd sit him for whoever before I sit Hunwick tomorrow.

Phil's hair. It's just not right. Do something there.

I wasnt watching Scandella but Hunwick had a good effort and on his two mustakes he didnt give up... I agreee with Phil playing the veterans in a big game against a good team, and playing vets on the road that are hungry with something still to prove.. Pilut is and will be a top 4 for us for years, but he sat to protect him..
I' ll have to watch Scandella more and I think Beaulieu is a 5 or six on some teams , good problems to have.. considering Philly scouts and the second part coming in Bailet trade..hopefully gifts us Giroux or Simmonds or the or young guy Cout we will never get..
Only if our group steps up, like they certainly did tonight..best first period of the year.. great response in third.
If Mitts line becomes defensively resposible Botts looks pretty good as does Phil for sticking with them and gettin them reps... We will see..

Last edited:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
giphy chew.gif

Reactions: zuikan

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
I wanted him off the team last year, and he might be my favourite Sabre this year. What a massive turnaround its been for the guy.

Don't forget McCabe was injured last year and played through it. I love Jake. He's a tough sob for us when healthy and we don't have much of that. Bogo maybe, that's it. Jake is super (soupie like) important to us. Make a big hit once every so often to make a team know they won't have their way with us and in fact will feel some pain! And tonight he was skating better than ever!

I wasnt watching Scandella but Hunwick had a good effort and on his two mustakes he didnt give up... I agreee with Phil playing the veterans in a big game against a good team, and playing vets on the road that are hungry with something still to prove.. Pilut is and will be a top 4 for us for years, but he sat to protect him..
I' ll have to watch Scandella more and I think Beaulieu is a 5 or six on some teams , good problems to have.. considering Philly scouts and the second part coming in Bailet trade..hopefully gifts us Giroux or Simmonds or the or young guy Cout we will never get..
Only if our group steps up, like they certainly did tonight..best first period of the year.. great response in third.
If Mitts line becomes defensively resposible Botts looks pretty good as does Phil for sticking with them and gettin them reps... We will see..

Can I give you an Okposo and something to get Simmonds? Depending on the something I'm not too interested really. I think his cost will be too high. I'd like him though but the cost is not likely worth it in a rebuild.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Don't forget McCabe was injured last year and played through it. I love Jake. He's a tough sob for us when healthy and we don't have much of that. Bogo maybe, that's it. Jake is super (soupie like) important to us. Make a big hit once every so often to make a team know they won't have their way with us and in fact will feel some pain! And tonight he was skating better than ever!

Can I give you an Okposo and something to get Simmonds? Depending on the something I'm not too interested really. I think his cost will be too high. I'd like him though but the cost is not likely worth it in a rebuild.
McCabe hit should earn him the first star.. certainly changed momentum.. Him and Bogo have been a great surprise considering they both look so solid this year.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not a lot of love for Sheary? He looked different out there. I wonder if whatever had been ailing him is finally resolved.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad