GDT: Welcome Back Game 29: Nashville @ Columbus, 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
From the second part of the game especially in the third period and OT we were very good, I think.
Tex and Laine were monsters, I like Voracek, Boone, Danforth and later Chinakhov too.
Patrik still needs to practice his shot as well as some moments in the game, such a long breakout shows. Otherwise, he played well, but he can still play much better.
It`s a pity Bemmer is in similar position. He played only 3 games in the season one isn`t in shape but must be better than his competitors now.
Danforth... I hope he will stay here. He's a rabid dog too, but in a good way. :nod:

EDIT:
my three stars:
1. Laine
2. Texier
3. Danforth

Patrik over Alex only because he had a long breakout. Justin... simply I like similar players... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ColumbusTrill

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Patty wasnt hitting the target much today but boy was he trying. 'Only' 7 sog but must have had +15 shot attempts. Love to see it

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
@majormajor yes, Patrik had some problems in the 1th period but don`t forget he didn`t play from 11/03. Besides he can`t train some times. What did you wait. Besides the problems weren`t in the 2th part of the game.
Patty wasnt hitting the target much today but boy was he trying. 'Only' 7 sog but must have had +15 shot attempts. Love to see it
After such an injury, probably only the Tkachuk brothers would play so aggressively. :sarcasm:

EDIT: I`m glad Lars stopped putting Tex at center and took advantage of his quality on the wing, where he plays excellently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Many of Laine's misses were onetimers from not optimal passes, he just wanted to shoot and not over handle.

Must have been the 4th time I have seen Laine shot breaking defensemans stick.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I know, the Bjorkstrand disrespect is out of hand.
Just getting into this conversation…...I assumed the conversation was about this game. Over the course of a season, Bjorkstrand is our best all around offensive player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
@majormajor yes, Patrik had some problems in the 1th period but don`t forget he didn`t play from 11/03. Besides he can`t train some times. What did you wait. Besides the problems weren`t in the 2th part of the game.

Why are you asking me? I'm very pleased with Laine's game.

What I don't get is people proclaiming Laine as our best offensive player or as our best possession talent (!). This is a player that has 5 or 6 primary points this year, and about 15 goals in his entire Blue Jackets tenure. Let him do something before putting him on a pedestal. The rush to put him over consistently better players like Bjorkstrand is just embarrassing.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

What I don't get is people proclaiming Laine as our best offensive player or as our best possession talent (!). This is a player that has 5 or 6 primary points this year, and about 15 goals in his entire Blue Jackets tenure. Let him do something before putting him on a pedestal. The rush to put him over consistently better players like Bjorkstrand is just embarrassing.
I only saw a reply to you, so I thought you were only talking about that game.
By the way, our best all around offensive player this season is Alex Texier IMHO. :thumbu:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yea Im taking Laine over Bjorkstrand every day and twice on Sunday. This team is completely different with him in the lineup

Yeah we need Laine more for his possession game. Too bad Bjorkstrand isn't as good as Laine at possession. :huh:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Yeah we need Laine more for his possession game. Too bad Bjorkstrand isn't as good as Laine at possession. :huh:
What are you even saying other than taking points from different posts to prove idk what? Laine is 100% a better player than Bjorkstrand, I never said Laine was better at possession. I said in general this team is horrible at possession and having Laine back has improved it. Let's read what people write now.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Do you actually believe Bjorkstrand is better than Laine? A better possession player, certainly. Better player? I just dont see it. Laine has the ability to take over games, when was the last time Bjorkstrand took over a game? When does this team look better, with Laine or with Bjorkstrand? They just beat arguably the hottest team in the NHL with Laine in and Bjork out. How well did this team do with Laine out and Bjork in? No one is putting Laine on a pedestal, his flaws are very known but to say Bjorkstrand is a more effective player this year is laughable.

Laine is an elite goal scorer, Bjorkstrand, our most "well rounded" player but does nothing elite. Give me elite every day of the week, especially in this NHL. Laine's confidence is overwhelmingly apparent on a team with zero confidence.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We're just going to have to disagree about that. Maybe someday Laine will be, but his tenure so far as a Jacket is not nearly at that level.
I think you're forgetting Laine is 23 years old. I know what player I'm banking on to get even better.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Necessary statement: I like Laine, I'm excited for him to reach his potential. But he hasn't done it yet as a Blue Jacket. The reality of Laine mostly hasn't been that good. Tonight he was good, let's see him do that more.

Do you actually believe Bjorkstrand is better than Laine? A better possession player, certainly. Better player? I just dont see it.

Better possession, more goals, more assists, fewer goals against. Bjorkstrand has massively outproduced Laine since Laine was acquired. In total obviously, but also per game. Pretty much better at everything since the trade.

How well did this team do with Laine out and Bjork in?.

Made the playoffs every year. The record with Laine is awful. If you think it is silly to compare team records for different players, well I agree!

Laine is an elite goal scorer, Bjorkstrand, our most "well rounded" player but does nothing elite. Give me elite every day of the week, especially in this NHL. Laine's confidence is overwhelmingly apparent on a team with zero confidence.

Elite abilities, sure. But if we're talking about what the players have actually contributed to the actual Blue Jackets, Laine has about 15 goals as a Blue Jacket. That's it. Why don't you wait until he scores a few more? Why don't you wait until he has more than like 5 primary points this year?

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Necessary statement: I like Laine, I'm excited for him to reach his potential. But he hasn't done it yet as a Blue Jacket. The reality of Laine mostly hasn't been that good. Tonight he was good, let's see him do that more.

Better possession, more goals, more assists, fewer goals against. Bjorkstrand has massively outproduced Laine since Laine was acquired. In total obviously, but also per game. Pretty much better at everything since the trade.

Made the playoffs every year. The record with Laine is awful. If you think it is silly to compare team records for different players, well I agree!

Elite abilities, sure. But if we're talking about what the players have actually contributed to the actual Blue Jackets, Laine has about 15 goals as a Blue Jacket. That's it. Why don't you wait until he scores a few more? Why don't you wait until he has more than like 5 primary points this year?

I respect your points but I think it's flawed.

You are looking at one awful season on an awful team with a coach that clearly needed to go. How about we look at Laine's stats from the previous years he was in the NHL? We all know last year was a statistical anomaly. He's proving that this year. If you need Laine to light it up to show that he can outscore the guy that's been here since he started his career, well I'd say that's unnecessary. Elite Laine is easily the best player on this team and I guess I'll leave it at that.

PS: Laine is over a PPG. Give him some time he'll continue to impress.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
When I made my claim that Tex is our best offensive player, I meant the last month or two.

He’s been a player we’ve missed since Bread, someone who makes an exciting play any time he’s got the puck. The combination of his speed, puck handling, passing is finally coming to fruition and he’s becoming a threat any time he’s on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad