Recalled/Assigned: Weiss assigned to AHL for conditioning stint (Recalled, Skating with Wings Post #189)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Wow Weiss scores and I can't see it :handclap: good job Weiss
ah well worse things to worry about than that at the moment :(

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Getting healthy Weiss back feels like a trade deadline acquisition. :handclap:

He is on a 4-game scoring streak, if counting also those games at Grand Rapids.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In 2 games Weiss has 3 goals and 1 assist and he is now tied with 3 games played this year with 4 points. The same point total that he had last year with 23 games played way to go Stephen.

That's got to feel great for him. If he started slow again, you can imagine how that might drag at your psyche. Fortunately, he's looking like a contributor again and if that continues, the Wings are in a much better position than they were.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Curious about his further pace. Right now, he's surprising us all I guess. Good for him, should boost his confidence. Really liking how he goes to the dirty areas in every game.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Really liking how he goes to the dirty areas in every game.

Yeah, he's scoring "hockey goals." Which is exactly what this team needs and the impact he was supposed to provide over a player like Filppula.

It's early, I'm not going to count the eggs before they hatch and other such cliches, but I'm tentatively encouraged.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's early, I'm not going to count the eggs before they hatch and other such cliches, but I'm tentatively encouraged.

Yo, Bench. You shouldn't be afraid to count eggs before they hatch. Actually, that's when you want to count them. After they hatch they're chickens. Or birds. Or reptiles. Or any of the other egg laying animals out there.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That's got to feel great for him. If he started slow again, you can imagine how that might drag at your psyche. Fortunately, he's looking like a contributor again and if that continues, the Wings are in a much better position than they were.

Exactly, I'm really thrilled for him. And I was happy that he chose to sign with us. Unfortunately his sports hernia was unforseen and he missed quite abit of time. And hopefully from here on out he can stay healthy and contribute like we know he can.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yo, Bench. You shouldn't be afraid to count eggs before they hatch. Actually, that's when you want to count them. After they hatch they're chickens. Or birds. Or reptiles. Or any of the other egg laying animals out there.

I'm imagining the scene in Jurassic Park where Dr. Grant is holding one of the dinosaur eggs talking about how the females were able to... oh god, I've seen that movie too many times.

Go Weiss.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm imagining the scene in Jurassic Park where Dr. Grant is holding one of the dinosaur eggs talking about how the females were able to... oh god, I've seen that movie too many times.

Go Weiss.

tumblr_m4n4g0qjib1qf3j2j.gif

At least he wouldn't have to throw away his Weiss items when he realizes how lethal the guy is...:laugh:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

You owe my employer a new computer mouse. Seriously. I just ruined it by spilling my coffee laughing so hard.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Panthers fan coming in peace. So glad to see Weiss playing well again. I hope that he continues to make you guys happy to have him. He spent so many years trying to carry our team by himself that I just want to see him succeed with you guys. I promise that when he's not injured, he's a very good hockey player. Goodluck!

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Happy thanksgiving fellas.

This is a fantasy question, not going to lie. :)

Is Weiss being eased back in? He's skating like 10-11 minutes, is he going to get more time?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Is Weiss being eased back in? He's skating like 10-11 minutes, is he going to get more time?

Probably not much more. This team is so deep right now and using quite equally all four lines, so it's quite hard to dig some extra minutes for him from anywhere.

Of course they are overly cautious on this case. This has been a total mess for a 1,5 year. Finally some light on the end of the tunnel.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

He's getting power play time now with Datsyuk's unit. He's playing 3rd line wing though at even strength so he can't be trusted fantasy wise just yet.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yeah I'm hoping he gets the hattie tonight.
He needed just a fight for a GH hattrick;)
Panthers fan coming in peace. So glad to see Weiss playing well again. I hope that he continues to make you guys happy to have him. He spent so many years trying to carry our team by himself that I just want to see him succeed with you guys. I promise that when he's not injured, he's a very good hockey player. Goodluck!

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

We wish him luck too :) Thanks man.

As for the Fantasy Hockey question:

If your league does G/A, and its real deep, might be worth grabbing weiss just to see if he starts getting points on a semi-game basis.

If you are doing many many categories... alot of Detroit players are probably bad for ice time. But if we continue to win, plus minus should do well. Weiss is currently playing with Datsyuk/Helm. So if that is the "3rd" line. Its ok if they get less playing time. Datsyuk and Weiss coming off injury would be reason for slightly less time if anything. But i wouldnt expect much more than 15 min for both.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Weiss' father holds a position in the same company I work for and I overheard a phone call he got from his son about his injury. That was in September and it sounded like it was going in the right direction, but I could tell from his tone of voice that there wasn't an immense sense of optimism. He replied back something like "just keep at it."

It was a little tough to hear because even though I'm a Habs fan, I'm very well aware of the struggles Weiss has had to deal with and it didn't sound like he was improving by leaps and bounds... but it sounded like he was improving. I heard "that's good news" a couple of times as well.

Glad to see he's back. Hope he stays healthy!

davecrockburn

Jun 8, 2011
Came here to post that Weiss had another great game tonight. He and Dats had great puck possession going and Weiss hit the crossbar at one point. Nice play along the boards to set up XO's goal.

He looked super poised on the PP and is much more composed with the puck than previously. I actually really enjoy seeing him handle the puck now.

One other thing that has improved is his skating. I am beginning to notice Weiss all over the ice and he seems to be getting places faster than before. Liking what I'm seeing.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't think anyone was expecting Weiss to step in and look like he never missed a season or two. I know I wasn't hoping for much more than the guy to get his legs under him and start getting up to game speed. I certainly wasn't going to judge whether he was going to a useful player or not until he had a few games under his belt.

What a nice surprise to have him step onto the ice like he owns the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad