Weise hit on Holzer (UPD: suspended 3 games)

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This could have been a clean hit if Dale Weise didn't jump. Holzer was eligible to be legally hit. That should have been a penalty, possibly a major because of the broken nose.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Holzer with a concussion from the hit, confuses himself with Wayne Gretzky and sets up Garbutt for the game winner with a slick pass.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Borderline charge but his right skate looks like it's still on the ice. It's after the contact is made that his skate leaves the ice.

Jul 6, 2016
It's not the Weise we knew in Montreal.... Might be the Flyers jersey effect or the Philadelphia water.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's not the Wiese we knew in Chicago...he was never on the ice.

Lol, thats a little misleading. Quenneville is the dumb one for not using Weise to his advantage. I remember every time the Sens played the Habs, Weise was one of their most noticeable players, even as a bottom sixer, so I was wondering why Chicago was scratching him. I watched the games he played against the Blues in the playoffs and he was great. Scored a clutch goal.

Guess you dont watch your team's games too attentively. Weise is a great player when ON the ice. But HF is big on discrediting players with no basis whatsoever, I should be more aware.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Having a hearing today.

If he was still a Canadien I'm sure he'd just be getting some intensive tutoring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He didn't even get a penalty, so I don't know how you can complain.

The fact it wasn't a penalty probably is why it gets a hearing.

Manson going to the head of Konecny was a far more egregious play, but it did get a penalty. Slash to the back of Streit's knee was probably actually worse, but the Ducks were up to 5 or 6 penalties in a row at that point, refs aren't going to call everything.

None of this is worse though than the somehow preferential treatment Andrew Shaw is getting.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
The fact it wasn't a penalty probably is why it gets a hearing.

Manson going to the head of Konecny was a far more egregious play
, but it did get a penalty. Slash to the back of Streit's knee was probably actually worse, but the Ducks were up to 5 or 6 penalties in a row at that point, refs aren't going to call everything.

None of this is worse though than the somehow preferential treatment Andrew Shaw is getting.

Not addressing this play specifically (and yes its a bit off topic) but does Konecny always duck a bit just before impact? I noticed him doing it a few times last night. Seems... dangerous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad