Speculation: Weircioch done as a Sen?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Honestly I have no issue with Boro being our 7th guy. I expect Claesson to finally take his regular spot on the roster.

Cameron overused Boro, to a hilarious degree. But I think the guy does have alot to offer in a far more limited role. The question is can he go back to being a heart and soul role player after being the coaches golden boy, from who's ashhole the sun shines warming our hearts and solving all our problems!

Yep....that's my biggest worry. A lot of pro athletes think they are better than they are (hence why so many retire a year too late or don't take demotions well). It's going to be interesting seeing what happens.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep....that's my biggest worry. A lot of pro athletes think they are better than they are (hence why so many retire a year too late or don't take demotions well). It's going to be interesting seeing what happens.

I really felt like Boro was starting to get a little too comfy last season, and definitely thought he was better than he was. When he started popping off at the end of last year essentially critiquing EK's game, that set off huge alarm bells for me. Giving a guy with his limited skill set a letter and such a prominent role was a serious mistake on the part of Cameron, and frankly it is decisions like that which cost him his job.

Now, part of that is just the makeup of a pro athlete - they are all competitors, and they all have healthy egos. It's pretty much a requirement for the job. But yes, I can easily see Boro as the one guy for whom the coaching change is going to be a net negative, and he's not going to be a happy camper.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I really felt like Boro was starting to get a little too comfy last season, and definitely thought he was better than he was. When he started popping off at the end of last year essentially critiquing EK's game, that set off huge alarm bells for me. Giving a guy with his limited skill set a letter and such a prominent role was a serious mistake on the part of Cameron, and frankly it is decisions like that which cost him his job.

Now, part of that is just the makeup of a pro athlete - they are all competitors, and they all have healthy egos. It's pretty much a requirement for the job. But yes, I can easily see Boro as the one guy for whom the coaching change is going to be a net negative, and he's not going to be a happy camper.

What did he say about Karlsson?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
That's popping off?

meh, not if you're an established guy. But as a fringe player who is barely able to cling to an NHL job, he should probably just keep his opinions to himself. Telling the media that the two time Norris winning superstar captain of your team needs to be 'reined in', even if true, isn't going to endear you to most fans.
They should have gone back over to EK for comment about Boro's remarks and he should've answered "who?"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yet, Borowiecki makes the point that all players have to be held accountable, regardless of where they play.

“Karl, offensively, skill-wise, he’s a generational talent,†Borowiecki says. “You’ve got to let him do his thing. But it definitely is the coach’s job to kind of keep him reined in a little bit.â€

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hoc...spark-different-reactions-in-separate-markets

Almost sounds like Cameron got Boro to go to the media and pump his tires a bit haha.

I remember the outrage from the usual know-nothings when that happened :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's popping off?

I always saw it as people trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and during a frustrating season like we had, it brings out the people looking to point fingers to explain why we were where we were.

I dislike Boro, but I don't need to make up reasons to dislike him, there are enough real reasons to do so. People took that quote ridiculously out of context.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I always saw it as people trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and during a frustrating season like we had, it brings out the people looking to point fingers to explain why we were where we were.

I dislike Boro, but I don't need to make up reasons to dislike him, there are enough real reasons to do so. People took that quote ridiculously out of context.

Well, to be fair, Boro is also a first line winger, so, that comes with a bit of swagger.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Yeah, I don't doubt people's dislike for Borowiecki has something to do with it. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Well, to be fair, Boro is also a first line winger, so, that comes with a bit of swagger.

Look at the leverage a player like Burns wheels... all-star Forward, Norris nominee this year... Boro probably knows he's one step away from Burns-like money. Just needs to work on his beard game first.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Look at the leverage a player like Burns wheels... all-star Forward, Norris nominee this year... Boro probably knows he's one step away from Burns-like money. Just needs to work on his beard game first.

Burns' beard is so special because of how unique it is. If Boro want's to step his career up to the next level, he needs to be a leader, not a follower. I suggest a Lanny MacDonald'esque stache or perhaps a Snydely whiplash variant. I think the latter would work well with our teams new villain theme.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Burns' beard is so special because of how unique it is. If Boro want's to step his career up to the next level, he needs to be a leader, not a follower. I suggest a Lanny MacDonald'esque stache or perhaps a Snydely whiplash variant. I think the latter would work well with our teams new villain theme.

If he's not allergic, I would suggest bees.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
If he's not allergic, I would suggest bees.

That certainly would bee Beard Leadershipâ„¢. (See what I did there?!)

Now... my first thought in searching for a relevant bee beard visual aide was "Why would anyone ever, ever, ever $#@!ing do this?... bunch a crazies...", but my search brought me to this (sorry, no smaller picture)... which brought up a whole other series of questions...

inflatable_beard_of_bees.jpg

You know, good to have on hand in case Boro is actually allergic to bees. Thank you capitalism.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
That certainly would bee Beard Leadershipâ„¢. (See what I did there?!)

Now... my first thought in searching for a relevant bee beard visual aide was "Why would anyone ever, ever, ever $#@!ing do this?... bunch a crazies...", but my search brought me to this (sorry, no smaller picture)... which brought up a whole other series of questions...

inflatable_beard_of_bees.jpg

You know, good to have on hand in case Boro is actually allergic to bees. Thank you capitalism.

Why does this need to be inflatable? Now I need to know what other inflatable accessories I should maybe be adorning.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why does this need to be inflatable? Now I need to know what other inflatable accessories I should maybe be adorning.

Inflatable makes it more portable. I mean, could you imagine trying to fit that in your pocket without deflating if first? You'd look like a fool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad