OT: Weidman Vs. Silva

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
hahahah what an idiot silva is, that was amazing just what he deserved, funny how dana white comes out and pretends like nothing happened, that fight was a disgrace and a black eye on the sport this is your grand champion? Acting like an idiot and you think it's a strategy? Worked well

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
This fight reminded me of this fight :

250px-Southpark_ep108_2.jpg

Apr 28, 2010
Weidman can fight. He's also 6’2. Bergy, quick! sign him! :sarcasm:

Seriously though, finally silva got caught. He got what he deserved. Long time coming.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I knew it would happen eventually, his clowning caught up to him. I give credit to Weidman though, that has been Anderson's MO forever, and he seldom got caught, he did get tagged in the first Sonnen fight several times for the same reason. I was hoping he learned from his past, but unfortunately being unbeaten for so long gets to your head. Weidman kept the pressure on and Silva was the unsuspecting recipient.

Even though I give credit to Weidman for the victory, I think Anderson wins this in a walk if he actually fights and doesn't clown the whole time.

The biggest winner in all of this was GSP imo, he no longer has to keep ducking him.

Stiffler

Jul 24, 2005
St-Hubert
Amazing to think that Silva has been putting this kind of thing on black belts for so long, it shows how amazing he is. Tonight was a long, LONG time coming. However, it does not make Weidman a better fighter, it only makes him the one that finally connected when Silva was clowning around. I hope they have a rematch and that Silva gets serious to see how Weidman truly measures up to him.

Sad thing is, it marks the end of the mega-fights, Silva-Jones and Silva-GSP do not have the same appeal now... Same happened when Pacquiao got knocked out by Marquez, I guess superfights are not meant to be these days!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Amazing to think that Silva has been putting this kind of thing on black belts for so long, it shows how amazing he is. Tonight was a long, LONG time coming. However, it does not make Weidman a better fighter, it only makes him the one that finally connected when Silva was clowning around. I hope they have a rematch and that Silva gets serious to see how Weidman truly measures up to him.

Sad thing is, it marks the end of the mega-fights, Silva-Jones and Silva-GSP do not have the same appeal now... Same happened when Pacquiao got knocked out by Marquez, I guess superfights are not meant to be these days!

I really believe it was a fix, wouldn't put it past Dana. Anderson has dropped his hands before, but not to this extent to a formidable opponent. He never even fought, he may as well just handed the belt over. The UFC has gone into a suspect little area here, the cards are pathetic, the fighters are no longer interesting to me and the title fights are questionable.

I have went from a superfan to no longer caring.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I really believe it was a fix, wouldn't put it past Dana. Anderson has dropped his hands before, but not to this extent to a formidable opponent. He never even fought, he may as well just handed the belt over. The UFC has gone into a suspect little area here, the cards are pathetic, the fighters are no longer interesting to me and the title fights are questionable.

Silva does this in every fight. I think he was toying with him more, because some people had doubted Silva and even had weidman as the favorite. The card last night was very very good, only poor fight was Gracie vs Kennedy.

Silva got tagged, no fix was in, **** happens.

Stiffler

Jul 24, 2005
St-Hubert
Silva does this in every fight. I think he was toying with him more, because some people had doubted Silva and even had weidman as the favorite. The card last night was very very good, only poor fight was Gracie vs Kennedy.

Silva got tagged, no fix was in, **** happens.

I tend to agree with this more than the fix theory, Silva just got more and more cocky as his reign lasted and that was the breaking point. Dana has zero benefit making this a fix since a Silva loss makes him lose so much money on super fights... As the old wrestling saying goes, Silva screwed Silva.

If Roger Gracie didn't have that last name, we wouldn't even have seen that fight on the main card last night. He is probably a legend in jiu jitsu, but he needs to find a way to get there... BJJ is not the same game once you incorporate strikes on the ground.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Finally watched the fight just now. Man, Silva was taunting and chirping at Weidman more than I expected from, what I'd heard.

What it comes down to is Silva's been getting bored with the competition level, and could probably clean Weidman if he really wanted to. I think it's a matter of Silva inadvertently sabotaging his own fight and put himself in a position to get KO'd like that. His post-fight interview led me to believe his head wasn't in it at the time either.

All credit to Weidman. He didn't get thrown off by the taunting and clowning of Silva, and legitimately earned that belt.

GSP NOW #1? POUND FOR POUND? or is it JON JONES?

Jones, definitely.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
People who believe this was fixed are crazy.

Him lying on the floor hugging the ref's leg as if clinging to dear life is only but one sign he was really KOd.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

My sentiments for a few years now. The best UFC days was back when Pride still had the better fighters and forced the UFC to keep up with the competition. That's why I never liked them buying out everything.
They've been on this quantity over quality for a long while now.

Didn't even watch the fight yesterday, just saw the KO.
But no way Silva is supposed to lose. I view this in the same way as the Serra KO on GSP.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Anyone who thinks a multi-millionaire would voluntarily get knocked out on their feet & have their skull bounce off the canvas from repeated blows on the ground...

And anyone who thinks a martial artist can fake getting clubbed right on the button & roll his eyes back in his head as he falls backwards only to have to pretend bouncing his head up and down from more 'fake' blows...

Fizzz

Jan 8, 2013
Silva beat Silva. Who's Weidman?

So you are totally discrediting Wideman for being able to hit and hurt Silva while he was showboating, something none of the previous 17 elite fighters he fought were not able to do.

Wideman dropped Silva with that ''lucky'' punch yes, but when Wideman smelled the blood and saw that Silva was hurt he dropped a mighty pin point accurate punch from mid air and KOed Silva with it.

This is legit elite skill that not many fighters are able to apply in a fight against the best fighter in the world... had it be Patrick Cote in there or any other top MW contender maybe Silva survives the tide and comes back to win like he did against Sonnen the first time!

Wideman as a unique set of skills, don't hate!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anyone who thinks a multi-millionaire would voluntarily get knocked out on their feet & have their skull bounce off the canvas from repeated blows on the ground...

And anyone who thinks a martial artist can fake getting clubbed right on the button & roll his eyes back in his head as he falls backwards only to have to pretend bouncing his head up and down from more 'fake' blows...

Throwing a fight doesn't mean faking to get KOd. If a fight is fixed, then the way you go down can also be fixed, and if the tell you drop by TKO in the 2nd, then that's what you do. You let yourself get KOd.

Not saying that's what happened, just saying he doesn't have to fake anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad