OT: Weidman Vs. Silva

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I've been watching the gif over and over... I'm still trying to figure out why he grabbed Herb Dean's legs :laugh:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I always thought that every times he did that it was really a lack of respect for the guy in front of him. If you're going to win the fight, there is no need to humiliate a guy who trained months for this fight and is giving everything he has.

Happy to see him so dizzy that he's trying to to do a ankle lock on the ref. :laugh:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I always thought that every times he did that it was really a lack of respect for the guy in front of him. If you're going to win the fight, there is no need to humiliate a guy who trained months for this fight and his giving everything he has.

Happy to see him so dizzy that he's trying to to do a ankle lock on the ref. :laugh:

That's his technique: Get inside your opponent's head and force him to make mistakes.

Weidman knew that.

MountainGoat

Silva will never live this down... Never

dont get it
he doesnt want to fight for the belt but he s not retiring ? but he s too tired to fight?
I m confused
Anyhow I still get the feeling that if he would ve fought seriously Silva would ve beat him

he'll fight, just not against the top fighters I guess

maybe we'll see Silva vs Sonnen part 10 :laugh:

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Something smells fishy....

Did any of those punches really connect? Looks frickin rigged to me. Dean got in there pretty quick as well....

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Did any of those punches really connect? Looks frickin rigged to me. Dean got in there pretty quick as well....

:facepalm:

the reason why anderson acts like an idiot is so that ppl like u could make excuses for him the day loss a fight

anderson has been fighting like a clown for over 7 years, dont let his actions or bs interviews make you think otherwise

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Left hook connected. Nothing rigged in regards to Silva getting KO'd. Still baffled by what I saw, and I ain't no Silva fan. Quite happy though that this happened, as I couldn't stand Silva's disrespect towards Weidman... Got what he deserved.

68*

21kieqe.jpg

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
(facepalm)

the reason why anderson acts like an idiot is so that ppl like u could make excuses for him the day loss a fight

What is your problem?
Happens as much in MMA as in boxing.....
I hate Anderson Silva. That finish was a disgrace.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What is your problem?
Happens as much in MMA as in boxing.....
I hate Anderson Silva. That finish was a disgrace.

it just makes me mad how all the newschool mma fans are deligitimizing weidman's win by saying anderson threw to fight, dude has been acting the same way since forever

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
it just makes me mad how all the newschool mma fans are deligitimizing weidman's win by saying anderson threw to fight, dude has been acting the same way since forever

No need to insult him.

That is still a dumb way to lose, even for a legend.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
of course the ref is going to step in. After he tagged him with the left, he was semi-conscious. Any fighter taking head shots in that state can suffer permanent brain damage

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
No need to insult him.

That is still a dumb way to lose, even for a legend.

thats where your wrong, you assume he loss in a dumb way because no one has ever seen him act like a clown and then get K.Oed. we've only seen him act that way but then win. thats why when he got K.Oed everyone assumed he threw the fight/fought an idiot

and i dunno how i insulted him o_O, i apologize if he felt that i did. all i said was "you ppl" :P

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK

Oh so I take it you are some sort of MMA guru then...... Sorry oh omnipotent one. :shakehead

Chill out.

Saw different angles of the finish and the left hand that sent Silva to the ground definitely caught him (always the ones you don't see).

My comments in no way meant to take anything away from Weidman's win. What I find strange is how quickly Dean jumped in. It is as if they did not want the legend to "get bruised". Silva has looked disinterested before in fights, but tonight his stupidity cost him. Did not catch his post-fight interview, so not sure about what people have been posting regarding his comments of not wanting to be a champ anymore....

Strange ending none the less.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
thats where your wrong, you assume he loss in a dumb way because no one has ever seen him act like a clown and then get K.Oed. we've only seen him act that way but then win. thats why when he got K.Oed everyone assumed he threw the fight/fought an idiot

and i dunno how i insulted him o_O, i apologize if he felt that i did. all i said was "you ppl" :P

I'm not saying his usual taunting his stupid. He's done it a lot in the past and it worked. He's good at getting inside your head.

Tonight though, the way he faked being hurt with his knees half bent and weak, his eyes half closed and not focused.

C'mon man. That's just stupid.

And he paid for it.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Silva was leaning back with his knee bent, that's like the best stand to get knocked out by a 5 years old.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Silva was leaning back with his knee bent, that's like the best stand to get knocked out by a 5 years old.

As great as Silva has been all these years I never believed he ever had a good chin. He never needed one because nobody could ever get in range to do serious, sustained damage. He exposed himself far too carelessly on this night.

NewHabsEra*

Too bad Weidman didn't connect a few more punches when Silva was down.
:shakehead You never want to injure your opponent seriously..

About the fight, those taunting remembered me Roy Jones, overconfident that he cant be touched like it has been the case for about his whole carreer until he faces Tarver and starts to decline.. Both Jones and Silva were extremmely athletic and had exceptional reflexes, same with Sergeio Martinez, those guys are exceptional talents that arent effraid to fight hands low

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->