OT: Weidman Vs. Silva

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Man, now I don't like this "speech". He makes it sound like he's retiring. He doesn't want to fight for the belt anymore. But he'll keep fighting, for what ever reason.

Makes it sound as if he's being that way during the fight because he doesn't want the belt anymore.

Meh. Should have just have fessed up that he played with matches and got more than burns. He should have given credit to Weidman for teaching him a lesson and winning. Poor reaction.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
dont get it
he doesnt want to fight for the belt but he s not retiring ? but he s too tired to fight?
I m confused
Anyhow I still get the feeling that if he would ve fought seriously Silva would ve beat him

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It's almost like he didn't feel like training hard anymore so he decided to be a doofus and let the guy win because he doesn't want to have to train like a champion has to anymore...

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
dont get it
he doesnt want to fight for the belt but he s not retiring ? but he s too tired to fight?
I m confused
Anyhow I still get the feeling that if he would ve fought seriously Silva would ve beat him

For an example see the careers of Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Jens Pulver, etc. Fight 3 round fights. Make a bunch of cash. Easy.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
What the hell was that.

The whole fight i was like.. WTF, he will get knocked the ******* out. Even if he is a legend, you can't do that. No defence like that.

Mister Potato

Sep 30, 2009
looks like an arranged fight or something. It doesn't matter how cocky you are and how you taunt but no defense and letting your arms down as a professional MMA fighter is impossible.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
For an example see the careers of Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Jens Pulver, etc. Fight 3 round fights. Make a bunch of cash. Easy.

really sad to see that , he just sounded like he lost all his will to fight and was just tired

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What the hell was that.

The whole fight i was like.. WTF, he will get knocked the ******* out. Even if he is a legend, you can't do that. No defence like that.

Nah he did the exact same thing to Griffin. But this time he was oblivious to the fact that Weidman was creeping closer.

What an idiot. Was it subconscious? Maybe. Tired of being champ, suicide by cop.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Don't know how Weidman could feel satisfied with his victory. Silva was making a mockery of the whole fight with his taunting and non-existent defense and predictably got KO'ed.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Makes no ****ing sense. If he didn't want to fight for the belt anymore. He could have just retired after Sonen. Sure people would have been sad, but at least they would have understood it's because of his age. And he wouldn't have display this really immature and shameful behavior.

Fighting just because he has 10 more fights left... Meh...

Good on Wiedman for teaching him a lesson by knocking him the **** out.

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
Silva : Can't touch this, na na na na na na, can't touch this

Weidman : Yes I can!

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
8.gif

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Usher went backstage with Anderson to comfort him. :laugh:

Seriously though Silva should be in fear for his life if he ever returned to Brazil. They do not **** around with ******** losses.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I can't help but shake my head at this fight... WTF Silva? Disgraceful performance by the champ, and I'm really happy that this showboating of his caused him to lose the fight.

IF U NO CARE, JUST RETIRE *****!

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Makes no ****ing sense. If he didn't want to fight for the belt anymore. He could have just retired after Sonen. Sure people would have been sad, but at least they would have understood it's because of his age. And he wouldn't have display this really immature and shameful behavior.

Fighting just because he has 10 more fights left... Meh...

Good on Wiedman for teaching him a lesson by knocking him the **** out.

You're taking the whole thing too literally. That's how Silva fights. It's part of how he tries to win. Intimidation and taunting. And it's worked for 11 fights in a row. He lost. Not because he was trying to, it just happened. And after the fight he's just being gracious and strange like he always is. He's almost 40, so his best days are behind him. I'm sure he'll fight but really do you blame him for not caring about the belt? 11 title defenses seems like enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00