Weekly News Roundup (10/10 - 10/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So basically TNA has no money but yet has huge debt and are being sued by multiple parties.

Seems like its done. Only thing left is for Dixie to declare bankruptcy and leave her creditors holding the bag.

Seems like the non guaranteed talent didn't get paid yet, and they probably wont either.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
TNA lost the rights to music, so pretty much every entrance edited out the theme music so wrestlers were coming out to silence. It was goofy as hell apparently because someone was dancing to their theme song but no music was playing as it was edited out in post-production.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
TNA \o/. From F4W:

The situation with TNA continues to get worse. We had an update last night covering the lawsuit filed by Billy Corgan as well as more on who the dots are connecting as far as who paid for the most recent Bound for Glory and TV tapings and what the status the company is in, some notes on what is believed to be in the sealed lawsuit and even how for a period of time yesterday it was possible that the TV show wouldn't have even aired and why.

A correction from last night's show is that MCC Acquisitions Corporation was listed as being owed money as of 9/30. Keep in mind that 9/29 was when the money came in to allow them to tape. MCC Acquisitions shares the same physical address as Anthem Sports and Entertainment, which is the parent company of The Fight Network. On last night's show, we said it was Anthem Sports that was just owed more money based on filings on 9/30. Anthem Sports is owed money as well. David Bixenspan and Kris Zellner have the story.

The total debt owed by TNA to Aroluxe, Anthem and MCC Acquisitions is listed at $3.4 million. TNA has already sold some of its tape library to Anthem.

The latest is a story by David Bixenspan who found out that the Davidson County Register of Deeds and the State of Tennessee had issued a tax lien against TNA Entertainment, LLC on 9/8. The company owes back taxes in an amount unspecified and got so far behind in paying it that the state has the right to seize company property if the debt isn't repaid. While the company is no longer TNA Entertainment, LLC, now called Impact Ventures LLC, Tennessee law allows the government to go after successor companies. It's a financial disaster, between this, getting evicted from their offices due to being unable to pay rent several months ago, and Corgan's attempt to buy the company falling apart.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
TNA is dead. I used to prefer it over WWE at one point. Christian was world champ and it was fantastic. I stopped watching wrestling for a while tho.

Haven't watched TNA since. Heard Hogan and Flair and Bishof went there and made a muck of things.

Give it up. Let TNA just die

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Ryback Reveals His WWE Downside; Vents against Vince McMahon
Source: Busted Open

On his relationship with McMahon:

"I've had a lot of good conversations with Vince, but he [has] also lied to me time and time again. It's just, he's a business man and he [has] dealt with everybody from top to bottom for how many years now? And he fights to live another day and I just didn't appreciate the lies, personally." Ryback added, "we had some cool moments and I developed a little bit of a relationship with Vince and I talked with him quite a bit, but a lot of it was more negative than positive."

As for what went wrong in his WWE run:

"It stems from my ankle injury, that I was never supposed to be there. And I thought that I was able to stay there, have a chance to live my dream, and I was never going to be allowed to have any amount of success there past what they wanted me to have." Ryback said, "and I always asked them just to be honest and respectful with me because I gave them everything that I have. I don't need to be champion all the time. That was never my [modus operandi]. But it was, 'guys, don't throw me out there to lose in two minutes on a SmackDown for no reason, just because I'm not in your little circle of plans for the time being'. Like, 'protect me better than that. Come on!'"

on the subject of being poorly booked:

They had me lose in every big match that I was in, essentially, time and time again, and that conditions the crowd. It took a long time, mind you, to do this, but it conditioned them, slowly, [to ask] 'why are we going to cheer this guy? Why are we going to like this guy? He has everything, but he doesn't win when he needs to win.' Like, 'he's a loser'. And, like, that, that subconsciously plays in kids' minds and adults' minds and it didn't happen right away. It didn't happen nearly as quick as they wanted it to happen, but eventually it started happening."

The former WWE Intercontinental Champion took a chance on himself by leaving the world's biggest professional wrestling promotion and he insinuated that he would like to be so successful on his own that he can return to WWE on his own terms.

"I could either stay and let them keep doing what they're doing to me and make my $1.65 million downside for three years or I could say, 'do you know what? I believe in myself. I trust myself. This is my life. I'm a creative human being and I'm going to go out and I'm going to be f--king successful without them. And then, I'm going to go back there and have it my way.' And that's what I'm doing right now and I don't care what anybody think, [or] what anybody says about me. I know the work I put in, the heart and the passion and the desire that I put into that. I gave them everything that I had and for them to s--t on me time and time again, I had the balls and the courage to say, 'do you know what? No thank you. There's more to life than money and I'm going to go prove that to you and the world."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so $550k downside per year. I wonder how much of that he sees after road expenses, any insurance they get on their own, etc.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"the walls are closing in on TNA" - Meltzer

They're pretty much done. I wonder if Dixie actually sells to Corgan. I wouldn't be surprised if she just kills it rather than selling it.

They owe taxes, they have $3.4-million in debt. Jeez.

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
International drug trafficking is never a good idea. He's just an idiot.

:huh:

He got caught with about $20 worth of weed.

Japan's laws are ****ing nuts. 0.5 grams of weed would be like, maybe two or three tokes.

Sydal is a huge pothead. One of the biggest reasons he got released from WWE is he would take bong rips while on the phone with management and he kept breaking the Wellness Policy.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
"the walls are closing in on TNA" - Meltzer

They're pretty much done. I wonder if Dixie actually sells to Corgan. I wouldn't be surprised if she just kills it rather than selling it.

They owe taxes, they have $3.4-million in debt. Jeez.
It's all a work you stupid marks.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Lucha underground has been loosing viewership every week since Mysterio. Down to 94 000 viewers.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Maria Kanellis was on CNN last night talking about Trump and they called her a former WWE pro wrestler with no mention of TNA.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TNA also apparently owes to the state of Tennessee among the list of debtors.

The bad news in that is the state has laws where they can seize property as they see fit to pay the debt off. That goes for Carter, or potentially whoever buys the company as well.

People have been saying it for years, but i can truly say this is probably the actual end of TNA.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maria Kanellis was on CNN last night talking about Trump and they called her a former WWE pro wrestler with no mention of TNA.

Probably because she was in WWE when Trump was making appearances. They likely wouldn't know she's in TNA

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TNA is dead. I used to prefer it over WWE at one point. Christian was world champ and it was fantastic. I stopped watching wrestling for a while tho.

Haven't watched TNA since. Heard Hogan and Flair and Bishof went there and made a muck of things.

Give it up. Let TNA just die

Here's what I don't understand from a talent standpoint, and I get that the bottom line is that they look to get paid, but guys who have recently latched on like Sandow and Mike Bennett and Moose...it wasn't a secret that TNA was in such bad financial shape. This stuff has been in the news for the last year or so. What has Dixie been saying to these guys that talent has actually been buying IN to this? There's been rumors, or something closer to public knowledge for a long time now that Dixie has been piecemealing the tapings together. There's been non-rumors, but factual information, that this is a company that was going from month-to-month, to week-to-week, and now day-to-day. We might literally be hour-to-hour right now. I'm going to get in my car and leave work in a few minutes and it would not surprise me that when I get home at 4pm, Dave Meltzer tweets that TNA is closing their doors.

Is it a shock to anyone here about how much of a disaster this is? Personally, it's exactly as bad as I thought it was. Multi-million dollars in debt, not being able to pay off creditors, completely screwing Billy Corgan (who isn't the forgiving type by any means, he only very recently reconciled with the original members of the Smashing Pumpkins), likely implications of fraud. These are exactly the kinds of things I expected to hear when Meltzer and PWI got tangible information about the situation

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
so $550k downside per year. I wonder how much of that he sees after road expenses, any insurance they get on their own, etc.

At the end of the day 550K is a lot more than most people will make in 5 or 10 years forget 1 year. And everyone has to deal with taxes and expenses. Frig I pay taxes on my pay check and I pay for my groceries and gaz. I sure as hell wouldn't mind getting 550K a year rather than my salary and I wouldn't cry about it.

If Ryback wasn't wrestling in the WWE he would probably be a fitness trainer or working in some office making 25-80K a year if lucky.

But I do give him props for betting on himself and turning down a very nice sum of money. With smart money management and proper investment he could of set himself up pretty well. I doubt in 3 years from now he will still be getting 4500$ an indy apperance and I don't see Japan/TNA/ROH offering him 500K a year contract. Not everyone is going to be AJ styles and win on when they take the risk.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Here's what I don't understand from a talent standpoint, and I get that the bottom line is that they look to get paid, but guys who have recently latched on like Sandow and Mike Bennett and Moose...it wasn't a secret that TNA was in such bad financial shape. This stuff has been in the news for the last year or so. What has Dixie been saying to these guys that talent has actually been buying IN to this? There's been rumors, or something closer to public knowledge for a long time now that Dixie has been piecemealing the tapings together. There's been non-rumors, but factual information, that this is a company that was going from month-to-month, to week-to-week, and now day-to-day. We might literally be hour-to-hour right now. I'm going to get in my car and leave work in a few minutes and it would not surprise me that when I get home at 4pm, Dave Meltzer tweets that TNA is closing their doors.

Is it a shock to anyone here about how much of a disaster this is? Personally, it's exactly as bad as I thought it was. Multi-million dollars in debt, not being able to pay off creditors, completely screwing Billy Corgan (who isn't the forgiving type by any means, he only very recently reconciled with the original members of the Smashing Pumpkins), likely implications of fraud. These are exactly the kinds of things I expected to hear when Meltzer and PWI got tangible information about the situation

Wrestlers are some of the biggest marks out there. Some of them get so caught up in it the think its real and care about wins and losses. They want to believe. Also they don't have other options. Moose was turned down by WWE. Sandow and Rhodes probably don't want to live in Japan and Indys can only take you so far.

They probably just want to believe and bought their own BS. Thinking they could go to TNA and be like Austin and Foley when they left WCW and turn TNA around. I am sure Dixie and Billy probably sold them a nice bill of goods about how with them on board the company is going to sky rocket and turn the business on its head. Who doesn't want to believe that especially when your other option is to go flip burgers or sell used cars rather than do what you have been doing for the past 10 or 15 years of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad