Weekly News Roundup (10/10 - 10/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
So Corgan is suing the company, Dixie and her husband, and two interested buyers have backed out?

What in the hell happened?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There are reports that both the WWE and a the third unknown party have both backed out and are no longer interested.

Looks like we are seeing the final days of TNa

Corgan ends up with it most likely.

Shame WWE is out though, after their survey where they said they'd have TNA footage on the network and BROKEN Matt Hardy offering to appear on MeekMahan's program if he allowed The Day of the New to appear on Total Nonstop Deletion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like Dave is doing a show tonight. Does he usually do Thursdays?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I forget who brought it up, I don't think it was Dave because he's been pretty vehement that Nakamura shouldn't be in NXT, but there was speculation that Nakamura didn't want to come up until his family felt comfortable in the States because no one in his family speaks English
Fairly certain this was William Regal, who I don't have much reason to doubt.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Corgan sues Dixie and files a restraining order
Former production company sues TNA
Some details from F4W:

Billy Corgan has filed suit against Impact Ventures (TNA), Dixie Carter, Serg Salinas (Carter's husband) and COO Dean Broadhead in court today. The documents are sealed but the gist is that things between Corgan and Carter fell apart over the past week or so, where Corgan was expecting to buy the company and for whatever reason, that was not going to happen. Corgan then wanted them to pay him back the money he had put into the company in funding the recent tapings and obviously they couldn't do it. Corgan was asking for an injunction and will have a hearing on it this coming Thursday at 11:30 a.m. Corgan is requesting a jury trial. There are also issues with music rights for the show that airs tonight to the point at one point there was a question if Pop would air the show but the show is airing. The lawsuit being filed was not a surprise but everyone involved has gone silent since the suit was filed. There are also claims that in negotiations that key financial information was withheld.

There is a second lawsuit that was filed two weeks ago by Audience of One Productions, LLC against Impact Ventures (TNA), Aroluxe LLC, Ron Harris of Aroluxe and Dean Broadhead as well. This suit, filed in Richmond, VA, was for Audience of One doing production for TNA TV tapings in June and July 2015, as well as for last year's Bound for Glory show. On October 23, 2015, Audience of One sent an invoice for $288,039.04 for the production of those events. On November 9, Broadhead of TNA sent them a letter saying TNA was working hard at closing a new television deal and to please hung in there with us. They sent another invoice of November 17, 2015. Broadhead continued to stall them from collecting. Broadhead on January 29, 2016, paid some of the workers a total of $29,001.57. Broadhead then proposed a payment plan for six payments from March through August. TNA made the first payment but haven't paid anything since, according to the complaint. They are asking for the remaining owed $222,123.43 plus interest.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Fight Network funded Bound for Glory and Impact tapings.

- Dixie personally owes Billy Corgan money.

- Matt Sydal (formerly Evan Bourne) was arrested in Japan for cannabis possession. This happened on September 23rd, when he was pulled from a show and took to Twitter to claim that he had travel woes and was stuck in Hawaii. He reportedly had 2.12 grams on him, and in Japan they're very strict and one could face prison time of up to five years with only 0.5 grams.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Weed laws around the world continue to blow my mind but I mean....you gotta know the local laws if you're gonna carry.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The question is how much does Dixie owe Corgan?

Enough where he can go "hey court, she's not paying me so give me TNA" or something? Or at the least force her into a sale?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
- Fight Network funded Bound for Glory and Impact tapings.

- Dixie personally owes Billy Corgan money.

- Matt Sydal (formerly Evan Bourne) was arrested in Japan for cannabis possession. This happened on September 23rd, when he was pulled from a show and took to Twitter to claim that he had travel woes and was stuck in Hawaii. He reportedly had 2.12 grams on him, and in Japan they're very strict and one could face prison time of up to five years with only 0.5 grams.

Wasn't he getting nailed for that in WWE too?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Matt Sydal is such an idiot. Like come on dude, it's weed. Not a drug you need to be carrying through airports. Dude's got an addiction.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know the full background but Bret Hart apparently said something about the Freebirds not belonging in the Hall of Fame. He has since apologized to the Freebirds (and Michael Hays as well) and also apologized to Triple H and Seth Rollins about his comment to them too. He mentioned that podcasts become a place for him to be negative.

This was all done in a facebook post...not sure if this will work

https://www.facebook.com/hitmanbrethart/posts/10154639035499443

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I've met Bret a few times, and he's always been a good guy to chat with. At the same time, he's also very candid.

I think we can all agree, that Bret does come across as bitter and angry at times about the industry and certain players. But I tend to think that his career didn't end the way he wanted it to end, and even the post career appearances for WWE were somewhat hurt by his health issues.

I think at times we need to cut Bret a bit of a break and try to understand where he's coming from. He hasn't said anything that's really wrong, but at the same time, they're things that should probably be left unsaid.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Bret Hart is awesome. Both for the 100% honesty and for the willingness to apologize when he felt he crossed the line. Now can he give us a 10th Anniversary update of "Hitman" and an audiobook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad