GDT: Weekend @ Long Island's: Canes @ Isles

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Aho technically doesn't carry our team. Our league-best team defense carries our team.
But you can’t win 0-0. Aho did everything asked of him.

And FA - my goodness. Biggest save of the night was after an unbelievable save by Sorokin, and Islanders got a 2 on 1 immediately … he squeezed the puck between his arm and body. Keith Jones said that so many times that puck goes in, but not that one. He was outstanding.

Rick Davis

Dec 31, 2020
I wonder if Freddie is like Jordo in that angry Freddie is the best version of Freddie? You know he must have been pissed at not starting any of the first 5 games and it looked like he was determined like hell to not be the reason the team lost this game. It almost looked like in the first 2 periods the team expected Freddie to crater like he did the last couple of weeks of the regular season but damn if he didn’t bail them out time after time on the PK to the point that hey maybe we should get out heads out of our asses and try to win a game for this warrior! Also let’s not forget how well Auntie played in this series to get us to the point of a clinching game opportunity…

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I wonder if Freddie is like Jordo in that angry Freddie is the best version of Freddie? You know he must have been pissed at not starting any of the first 5 games and it looked like he was determined like hell to not be the reason the team lost this game. It almost looked like in the first 2 periods the team expected Freddie to crater like he did the last couple of weeks of the regular season but damn if he didn’t bail them out time after time on the PK to the point that hey maybe we should get out heads out of our asses and try to win a game for this warrior! Also let’s not forget how well Auntie played in this series to get us to the point of a clinching game opportunity…

That's all well & good, but, Rod has been saying that he's been nursing an injury & just got "past it".

Unless, of course, it was just his ego that was hurt, then, point taken. :laugh:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
So where are our "haters"? When the Canes lose we've got a couple members who post often and are vociferously negative. I've noticed that they aren't around as much when we win. Do we have any psychologists on the board willing to take a shot at the possible dynamics in play?

GO CANES! Given inuries, playing with house money at this point imo, and still with a lot of assets to make a big move this off season.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
So where are our "haters"? When the Canes lose we've got a couple members who post often and are vociferously negative. I've noticed that they aren't around as much when we win. Do we have any psychologists on the board willing to take a shot at the possible dynamics in play?

GO CANES! Given inuries, playing with house money at this point imo, and still with a lot of assets to make a big move this off season.
As a “hater” myself I’ve been falling asleep during these boring ass hockey games and rewatching them in the morning with the help of the >>> button on my remote.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about venting frustrations, constructive criticisms, or suggested ways to improve. I'm talking about posts that carry implications along the lines of "the team has no heart", "we're too soft to compete in the playoffs", "player X is a complete waste", "based on past moves (or lack thereof) the Borg is incompetent", and even "is it time to question Brindy's future as the Canes coach?"

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about venting frustrations, constructive criticisms, or suggested ways to improve. I'm talking about posts that carry implications along the lines of "the team has no heart", "we're too soft to compete in the playoffs", "player X is a complete waste", "based on past moves (or lack thereof) the Borg is incompetent", and even "is it time to question Brindy's future as the Canes coach?"

Well I'm guilty of some of this myself. I haven't been quiet in my criticism of players like Martinook and Poolparty, the PP, and the lack of success on the road.

I'm good today though :)

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Yeah I was just poking a bit of fun. I can be really harsh on the team and organization as a whole but I’ll take the current situation vs the majority of the Karmanos years 10 out of 10.

It’s great to see them win and it’s great to see the excitement from the players. This group has a ton of heart and willingness to push through adversity and honesty you can’t ask for much more than that. Plenty of other teams would have completely shit the bed with kind of injuries they’ve dealt with, and if nothing else they coach and players deserve a shit ton of credit for that alone. Even if this series did put me to sleep most nights.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
As a “hater” myself I’ve been falling asleep during these boring ass hockey games and rewatching them in the morning with the help of the >>> button on my remote.

NHL already does that for you with the 9 minute recap vids.

Probably busy catching up on hating other things.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That's all well & good, but, Rod has been saying that he's been nursing an injury & just got "past it".

Unless, of course, it was just his ego that was hurt, then, point taken. :laugh:

Based on what I've heard from a source I trust, it's not ego that prevented Freddie from playing. Closer to the opposite, actually. I'll add that Freddie recovered from his injury last year in time to play in the playoffs, but didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad