GDT: Weekend @ Long Island's: Canes @ Isles

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Though, for the love of all that is holy, someone tell him to stop trying to pass the puck THROUGH opposing players. Almost cost us twice tonight, and I can remember at least two separate occasions where it did cost us in the regular season.

On the other hand, he seems to be pretty good at it, so maybe he’s the one who needs to tell Jordan Staal a thing or two about how it’s done.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Stas' post game interview was interesting. He joined the team to win in the playoffs. But you could tell and hear that he was frustrated with his usage and role here.
It's not surprising for a guy to feel this way but we probably hoped we got the guy that scored 20 goals last year and he didn't look like that for much of the year. Regardless, we got him for a moment like tonight and he ultimately came here for a moment like tonight. It's nice to have some of our more maligned players from this season like Freddie and Stas come through in big spots tonight.

Glad we got some road wins this series. Team still showing a lot of heart and they're not done yet. Winning a postseason series in yet another season is really pretty awesome and hard to do. Let's go win some more.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Stas' post game interview was interesting. He joined the team to win in the playoffs. But you could tell and hear that he was frustrated with his usage and role here.
Well let's hope he continues to re-direct his frustration to winning a Cup.

To be honest, I was honestly kind of taken aback most of his interviews.

Like, dude you're old, I'm literally within 2-3 years of the same age as you, but you're old and you don't drive play.

You scored the GWG so we'll always remember you but relax brother.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
The Hurricanes win the series, and Boston is forced to a game 7 with Florida's win. This is too good of a night as a Canes fan. I can't take anymore! Just kidding, give me more great hockey days!

de Caprio laughing.jpeg

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Still absorbing the way we won. There was absolutely no indication after 2 periods that we would even come close to winning this game. What a turnaround in the 3rd and as usual, the crucial goal from the guy you least expect.

And as much as Freddie scares me… not bad, man. Not bad.
It figures since based on performance, I thought we should've won game 5 but didn't, and that we shouldn't have won game 6 (the first 2 periods were our worst in the series), but did.

That's hockey for ya.

Also, yeah, other players have to step up. Aho can't carry the team on his back all the time with scoring goals.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It's very funny, but the one group in the Eastern Conference that doesn't mortgage the future, but notably likes to keep tweaking around with more defensive players, somehow keeps squeezing into the 2nd round every year. Maybe the cliche that defense wins championships is a cliche for a reason. Maybe guys like Puljujarvi, who doesn't score but historically helps keep players off the score sheet, are undervalued by casual fans like us and the majority of the league. He was unheralded when in the lineup but he made several defensive plays that caught my attention tonight.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It figures since based on performance, I thought we should've won game 5 but didn't, and that we shouldn't have won game 6 (the first 2 periods were our worst in the series), but did.

That's hockey for ya.

Also, yeah, other players have to step up. Aho can't carry the team on his back all the time with scoring goals.

Aho technically doesn't carry our team. Our league-best team defense carries our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad