Pre-Game Talk: Week to Keep the Streak (@DET, ANA, @VAN, @SJS)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
We need a GDT

Connauton right now.

upload_2020-3-8_13-24-39.gif

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don’t disagree with Bednar here, but he is more brutally honest about Z’s play than any other player on the team.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So now he's not even allowing Zads a chance to answer after being scratched a game? There's no denying that Bednar has a great 5v5 system. However with how bad special teams are and his roster decisions, there should be no talk of him getting a Jack Adams. I'm starting to think he just doesn't like Russian players.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So now he's not even allowing Zads a chance to answer after being scratched a game? There's no denying that Bednar has a great 5v5 system. However with how bad special teams are and his roster decisions, there should be no talk of him getting a Jack Adams. I'm starting to think he just doesn't like Russian players.
I dont know. He seems to like Nuke and Namaste.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
One game scratch sends a message. Two is very, very concerning and points to a real rift. Z may not be playing well lately but I'd still take him over Barbie and Connauton eight days a week.

Reactions: Metallo

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Does he like Nuke? I think everyone on here would agree he should be on PP1 and playing on the first line over Namesty and definitely not playing on the 3rd line with our depleted roster.

Bednar actually directly spoke about this a while back. Nuke isn't not playing on the top line because of Nuke. Bednar is using him to prop up another line.

Bednar spoke directly about trusting Nuke and expecting him to be a driving factor a month or two ago when he was playing him with Kadri.

Namaste is a fine compliment on the top line with our injuries. You can't put all your eggs in one basket. Also Nuke got a game up there early and he didn't all of the sudden make Mack wake up.

Actually Bednar has put Nuke out with the top line mixing and matching during recent games as well.

I'd be the first to beat the drumb if I though Nuke was being underutilized.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's not like Zadorov has earned the right to come back in with his play this year.

He had one really, really good stretch of about 7-8 games or so and had me convinced he'd turned a corner but I'll never fall for it again. He's a 3rd pairing guy through and through, a #5/#6 sort and it's not the end of the world if he's out of the lineup.

If Connauton/Barberio suck, sure, put him back in. But they didn't play poorly last game.

Then again, if it was up to me I'd send Graves to the press box fr a game to send a message to stop playing like a moron.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
One game scratch sends a message. Two is very, very concerning and points to a real rift. Z may not be playing well lately but I'd still take him over Barbie and Connauton eight days a week.

Z and Bednar definitely have baggage. I’ve never heard Bednar talk as negatively about another player the way he talks about Zadorov.

Jost played just as bad earlier in the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Z is doing some things behind closed doors that Bednar is not happy with.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Bednar actually directly spoke about this a while back. Nuke isn't not playing on the top line because of Nuke. Bednar is using him to prop up another line.

Bednar spoke directly about trusting Nuke and expecting him to be a driving factor a month or two ago when he was playing him with Kadri.

Namaste is a fine compliment on the top line with our injuries. You can't put all your eggs in one basket. Also Nuke got a game up there early and he didn't all of the sudden make Mack wake up.

Actually Bednar has put Nuke out with the top line mixing and matching during recent games as well.

I'd be the first to beat the drumb if I though Nuke was being underutilized.
I must've missed his comments about Nuke. I hadn't heard that before. I also have no problem Namesty over Nuke playing on the 1st line if it is to have Nuke propping up anither line, but why isn't it the 2nd line? Nuke is getting far too few minutes. There's no reason Jost should be getting more minutes than him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I must've missed his comments about Nuke. I hadn't heard that before. I also have no problem Namesty over Nuke playing on the 1st line if it is to have Nuke propping up anither line, but why isn't it the 2nd line? Nuke is getting far too few minutes. There's no reason Jost should be getting more minutes than him.

He spoke about it in a post game a while back.

Its likely special teams, but I haven't looked. That's one area I agree with though. Him not being on PP1.

Jost has been hot, and I think the only reason JT gets on that unit sometimes is because hes a right shot lol.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He spoke about it in a post game a while back.

Its likely special teams, but I haven't looked. That's one area I agree with though. Him not being on PP1.

Jost has been hot, and I think the only reason JT gets on that unit sometimes is because hes a right shot lol.
Jost has allowed goals in the last 2 games. He's playing better offensively, but now his defense has broken down.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's not like Zadorov has earned the right to come back in with his play this year.

He had one really, really good stretch of about 7-8 games or so and had me convinced he'd turned a corner but I'll never fall for it again. He's a 3rd pairing guy through and through, a #5/#6 sort and it's not the end of the world if he's out of the lineup.
For real. I love Z the personality, but he's so incredibly overrated around here it's insane. Him sitting isn't that big of a deal to me because if he isn't setting the tone physically there's no point in him being the lineup really.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
For real. I love Z the personality, but he's so incredibly overrated around here it's insane. Him sitting isn't that big of a deal to me because if he isn't setting the tone physically there's no point in him being the lineup really.

I hate that I agree with this, but I guess you'd hope one game was enough so that you get the better version of Z making him a better option than Barby.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I hate that I agree with this, but I guess you'd hope one game was enough so that you get the better version of Z making him a better option than Barby.
Same. I love the guy and want him to hit his potential here, but he just doesn't seem to have it. Add in the fact that he isn't even utilizing his only plus skill and it's hard to put him in the lineup.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Same. I love the guy and want him to hit his potential here, but he just doesn't seem to have it. Add in the fact that he isn't even utilizing his only plus skill and it's hard to put him in the lineup.

When hes not making brain dead mistakes hes better than a #7 even without the huge hits though.

You'd hope the idea is to refocus, not assume hes permanently trash.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
When hes not making brain dead mistakes hes better than a #7 even without the huge hits though.

You'd hope the idea is to refocus, not assume hes permanently trash.
And the issue is figuring out which games Z isn't going to be brain dead in. I agree he's better than a 7D but I totally understand where Bednar is coming from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad