Pre-Game Talk: Week to Keep the Streak (@DET, ANA, @VAN, @SJS)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I am hopping on the Hawks bangwagon for a game in about 20min. Good thing there are plenty of seats available these days.

I knew that team was only second to Pit in pure numbers of bandwagon fans.

I will admit I thought Detroit's fan base would hold up better than they have.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I will admit I thought Detroit's fan base would hold up better than they have.

The Joe was a cemetery for most of the 80s. I remember growing up as a kid, the Red Wings were kinda irrelevant.

No fanbase wants to see a shitty team. The one fanbase that seems to stick around with Cubs-like devotion is Buffalo, and even they're about done.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Joe was a cemetery for most of the 80s. I remember growing up as a kid, the Red Wings were kinda irrelevant.

No fanbase wants to see a shitty team. The one fanbase that seems to stick around with Cubs-like devotion is Buffalo, and even they're about done.

Yeah, but Michigan is unlike anywhere else I've lived when it comes to hockey. It's much more rooted here, and its fairly easy to find hockey fans out and about away from Detroit.

I know they suck, but people left after the first period of that game lol.

There are cheaper options though like USA hockey right nearby.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Mackinnon is starting to get into his scoring groove again, I wonder how much he has to catch up to Draisaitl to make it a race. He is putting this team on his back moreso than Halls year. The stats are staggering.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Mackinnon is starting to get into his scoring groove again, I wonder how much he has to catch up to Draisaitl to make it a race. He is putting this team on his back moreso than Halls year. The stats are staggering.
He’s still like 15 points behind Drai. Art Ross dreams are dead imo.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
I am surprised that Z is sitting another game. I can only guess that Bednar has had several conversations with him about what he needs to do and it has fallen on deaf ears. I am one of those who thinks he is a valuable piece come playoff time if he is on his game. I was hoping he was one of those big guys whose play would come together a little later than others ala Hedman. No I don't think he will ever be a Hedman but I see a lot of positives in his skill set as a third pairing physical player...eventually(?).

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It’ll probably be a similar looking Avs team to yesterday, but boy it would be sweet if someone like Mikko, or Naz stealthily drew in to the lineup.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Wow, Bedz and Z must've gotten into it behind the scenes. And it probably went something like this:

Bedz: "I'm not happy with the level you are playing at. Your lack of physicality, and D zone errors are unacceptable."

Z: "f*** you, and I'm banging your wife."

Bedz: ....

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events