Pre-Game Talk: Week to find a new hobby (MTL, @EDM, @VAN)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I asked BSN when they would post the Podcast, got this as a response:

"BSNAvalanche ‏@BSNAvalanche · 20m20 minutes ago
Next hour or so, depending on my level of laziness lol"

I've been making attempts to be kinder about them recently, as we do need all the coverage that we can get...

I sure hope that he overcomes his "level of laziness" and gets it posted, I mean they only pimped that podcast for the last couple of days, even dropped the whole "Avs would like to find a taker for Tanguay" tidbit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to listen to the rest.

I don't really follow them, but things like that are why they haven't really gotten a bigger following. They should be taking advantage of delays and lack of quality coverage from the Avs website or the Post. Get stuff that people want to watch or hear out there asap.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't really follow them, but things like that are why they haven't really gotten a bigger following. They should be taking advantage of delays from the Avs website or from the Post when they happen. Get it out there first.

The nice thing is they are more fan friendly, and talk to people on twitter. The bad thing is the down side of the last of more strict professionalism though.

They can say things the DP can't, but you may have inconsistency in their level of coverage at times.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The nice thing is they are more fan friendly, and talk to people on twitter. The bad thing is the down side of the last of more strict professionalism though.

They can say things the DP can't, but you may have inconsistency in their level of coverage at times.

I think a good balance of that is fine. They just can't be lazy if they want to be relevant.

They took advantage of the lack of coverage on Varly's civil trial. They should keep at it with that kind of work. Make people think they can be counted on to deliver that kind of stuff consistently.

Take me for example. I don't really follow them or go to their site because I never hear enough stuff from them. If interesting stuff got out with their name attached to it more often, I'd pay closer attention.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think a good balance of that is fine. They just can't be lazy if they want to be relevant.

They took advantage of the lack of coverage on Varly's civil trial. They should keep at it with that kind of work. Make people think they can be counted on to deliver that kind of stuff consistently.

Take me for example. I don't really follow them or go to their site because I never hear enough stuff from them. If interesting stuff got out with their name attached to it more often, I'd pay closer attention.

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone about their coverage of the Varly trial. I didn't think it was bad, when they were strictly relaying the actual pieces of information. However, where they started to get on my nerves (a bit) was the little funny, snarky, attempts at humor. I personally didn't want that. And of course, then they'd be commenting about how they're almost out of battery while the trial was still going on, and I'm left thinking: "Well, you wouldn't be almost out of battery if you'd quit trying to make jokes".

I think they're fully able to interact with fans, but there should be a line that is drawn that they don't cross, vis-à-vis professionalism. For instance, they either start, or greatly influence the whole "#WonTheTrade" stuff when Grigorenko does something good or O'Reilly/Sabres do something bad. We don't need that, do we? It makes them (and the people who participate in that stuff w/ them online) come off as jilted exes, in my eyes. I mean, we're happy with the return we got, are we not (given the circumstances we were in)? If we're happy, we really shouldn't care how or what Ryan O'Reilly is doing in Buffalo. We're happy, he/they are happy. But, sure enough, last night, when Grigorenko made that super sweet pass to Iginla for the GWG, they're RT'ing people who are saying to them "#WonTheTrade!"

However, like I said, I'm trying to give them another chance, because they HAVE done some good things for the fans in the last year...just tighten that ship up!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
This was a REALLY good interview with Barrie today. It was football guys asking him, it could have been awful but it ended up being different and Barrie was really talkative. My husband of all people told me about it.

http://www.1043thefan.com/2016/02/18/tyson-barrie-the-drive/

Yes, fun interview. But damn, that lead host is kind of a dick, ruining Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the guy who hasn't seen it...I mean, he went out of his way to drop the big spoiler, but the question is "Tyson, what'd you think of the movie?", :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes, fun interview. But damn, that lead host is kind of a dick, ruining Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the guy who hasn't seen it...I mean, he went out of his way to drop the big spoiler, but the question is "Tyson, what'd you think of the movie?", :laugh:

As someone who still hasn't seen it; if you haven't seen it by now, you have no right to ***** about spoilers.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
As someone who still hasn't seen it; if you haven't seen it by now, you have no right to ***** about spoilers.

I subscribe to that theory only if you're willfully clicking around on the internet in areas related to something you don't want spoiled.

This was a radio interview that had the topic brought up literally in the last few seconds, and the guy goes "full dick" (and you should NEVER go "full dick") on his co-host.

Plus, it's not like the movie has been out for several years and you're ruining that Bruce Willis was dead the whole movie, it just came out exactly 3 months ago.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I subscribe to that theory only if you're willfully clicking around on the internet in areas related to something you don't want spoiled.

This was a radio interview that had the topic brought up literally in the last few seconds, and the guy goes "full dick" (and you should NEVER go "full dick") on his co-host.

Plus, it's not like the movie has been out for several years and you're ruining that Bruce Willis was dead the whole movie, it just came out exactly 3 months ago.

Star Wars was probably the most hyped movie since Avatar. If they never saw the movie then, they probably don't care about spoilers. At what point can you say it's not a spoiler? 6 months? 1 yr? I feel like 3 months is plenty of time given the hype of the movie. I mean, if the media waited a year to ask celebrities about something pop culture related, they'd probably be like "uhh, it was good".

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Sorry to derail the thread, but in which movie was Willis dead the whole time?

And yes, telling spoilers like that is a really "dicky" move.
It has been surprisingly easy to not be spoiled for me, but for those you cannot do anything to. Thankfully didn't listen to it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

It has been surprisingly easy to not be spoiled for me, but for those you cannot do anything to. Thankfully didn't listen to it.

Well, apparently 17 years still isn't enough time to drop a spoiler, so can't tell you.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Star Wars was probably the most hyped movie since Avatar. If they never saw the movie then, they probably don't care about spoilers. At what point can you say it's not a spoiler? 6 months? 1 yr? I feel like 3 months is plenty of time given the hype of the movie. I mean, if the media waited a year to ask celebrities about something pop culture related, they'd probably be like "uhh, it was good".

That's not the point of what I said. The question starts off, basically, as "Tyson, I know you're a big 'Star Wars' fan. I saw it 10 times, you said you saw it once, [Co-Host...forgot his name] said he's waiting for it to come to HBO, by the way [Insert Big Spoiler Here]! Let me ask you, what did you (Tyson) think of the movie?"

:laugh:

Well that's just perfect...here I thought 17 years was fine to talk about something like this.

Anyways, not to derail the thread. I thought I made a simple, innocuous joke. I don't want to derail this anymore, let's just forget I said anything.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Been watching alot of videos of the past couple Avs seasons tonight, and man what I wouldn't do to see some of this.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Just in time for the Wild to roll in to the playoff's and lose in the first or second round. Rinse and repeat. Must be fun.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Been watching alot of videos of the past couple Avs seasons tonight, and man what I wouldn't do to see some of this.

What do all of those plays have in common? Swagger. He's got to listen to some Kanye or something and get that back.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Oh man that Playoff goal from Mackinnon. Damn the Pepsi Center just blew up when he scored that.

**** I hope we find a way to make playoffs this year. Even if we lose in the first round, I just want to see playoff hockey again for the Avs, just love the atmosphere of those games.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Brutal results for AVS last night. They need to find the way to win both games during Western Canada trip otherwise they will be out of Wild Card spot after the weekend. Hope they will do it. Roy should play Picks against Oilers and Varly against Canucks. Rexall Place is cursed ground for Varlamov. Good news is it's only two visit there left :)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oh man that Playoff goal from Mackinnon. Damn the Pepsi Center just blew up when he scored that.

**** I hope we find a way to make playoffs this year. Even if we lose in the first round, I just want to see playoff hockey again for the Avs, just love the atmosphere of those games.

Tear to my eyes after seeing that. I wonder why MacKinnon can't score goals like that anymore? I guess opponents defense just adjusted to him too well. :(

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad