Pre-Game Talk: Week to find a new hobby (MTL, @EDM, @VAN)

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I think we will be able to sign Boedker to a contract extension if we aquire him at deadline especially if Tanguay goes of the books and even with Barrie and MacK extension. I think it's good chance MacK takes bridge deal and it make signing guy like Boedker easier. We'll see. I would definitely not trade Picks for him, but Berra - why not.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Like basically every Arizona trade, Boedker will probably end up in Chicago or NY. Would love Boedker on the Avs - but he'll get what - 4.5+ in FA? We dump Tangs salary next year, but it's tough to know what the Avs money situation looks like with MacK and Barrie still unsigned and if you give up anything worthwhile for a guy like Boedker you definitely want to know you can re-sign him long term.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Guenin actually sent to the AHL, and Berra to San Antonio for conditioning.

become-american-citizen-Kenny-Powers-Eastbound-Down.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The latter I believe.

I don't think Vasilevski (spelling), counted when Tampa did it with him. But I guess I could be wrong.

He's still listed on IR on the Avs site, even though Guenin is already removed from the roster.

That sounds like there is an open roster spot then

We know they wouldn't send Guenin down unless they had to either, that whole he has a house here thing.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I don't know why you would need to activate Berra to put him on a conditioning stint. I'm pretty sure you can remain on the IR while it happens.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Guenin had a good run. Seems like a good guy, so hopefully that three year stint in the NHL brought him enough cash that he's "set" for life. Can't imagine him finding his way back to the NHL.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
22 games remaining. Guys on TSN the other day were saying it looks like 90 points is what it's going to take to make it into the Western Conference playoffs. Which means we need to go 13-9 just to have a chance. It's going to be close. That's 4 games over .500 which means we gotta play exactly the way we've played all season since we are exactly 4 games over .500 at this moment. Lol

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Quality post here. Kenny Powers is GOAT.

Lol thank heavens. I wasn't exactly excited to be down 3-0 at the 10-minute mark of the 1st period with Varlamov starting.

Thankfully with Picks starting we are currently only down 1-0 as opposed to if Varly was starting it would be 3-0 right now. We used to give the Oilers a yearly thumping in Rexall now it seems to be reverse haha. I remember one game where Wolski lit them up.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I asked BSN when they would post the Podcast, got this as a response:

"BSNAvalanche ‏@BSNAvalanche · 20m20 minutes ago
Next hour or so, depending on my level of laziness lol"

I've been making attempts to be kinder about them recently, as we do need all the coverage that we can get...

I sure hope that he overcomes his "level of laziness" and gets it posted, I mean they only pimped that podcast for the last couple of days, even dropped the whole "Avs would like to find a taker for Tanguay" tidbit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to listen to the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad