Pre-Game Talk: Week to find a new hobby (MTL, @EDM, @VAN)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Tear to my eyes after seeing that. I wonder why MacKinnon can't score goals like that anymore? I guess opponents defense just adjusted to him too well. :(

I was wondering this as well. We really dont see him enter the offensive zone with that kind of speed much anymore.

Honestly, I think Mack is suffering from the same thing Duchene was suffering from for a while this year. I just dont think he has the confidence in himself right now. Gripping his stick a little to hard, trying to simplify his game to much, etc.

I dont think we've seen Mack rush the puck up yet this season like he was during that entire playoff series. I think it's either that he's lost his confidence right now, or that Roy is trying to get him to understand how to play the game in a different way, perhaps focusing on his two way play right now instead of all offense.

TwoNiner

We dem boys
Sep 23, 2015
Colorado
Any chance someone who's listened to this can write up a summary for those of us who can't listen to audio at work? Thanks!

Barrie talked contract, said he wasn't distracted by it.

No he was not named Tyson after Mike Tyson, he gets that all the time.

Mentioned iggy is his biggest influence due to his calm demeanor (never panics).

Talked about Roy practicing for the alumni game.

Talked about his dad coaching him growing up, coached him for 7 years.

Talked about safety in youth hockey.

Tyson Barrie's version of the Avs plan: "Budget in place but we are a team with a great young core"... "Trying to keep the pieces in place to bring us to the next level. Trying to get cups"

Very excited to play in an outdoor game

Talking about most difficult sport: hockey for sure, but Tyson gives the PC media answer "all are difficult in their own ways" blah blah

Then the star wars spoiler

I probably missed a couple of things - I'm at work also.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Mack rushes the puck all the time, there's just three guys on him once he gets in the zone. He needs to try something else until they start to back off of him.

Barrie was pretty funny, it's worth a listen not just for the "info" part. He talks about Roy practicing with them and how competitive he is. Wagner beat him like 10 times in a row.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Barrie talked contract, said he wasn't distracted by it.

No he was not named Tyson after Mike Tyson, he gets that all the time.

Mentioned iggy is his biggest influence due to his calm demeanor (never panics).

Talked about Roy practicing for the alumni game.

Talked about his dad coaching him growing up, coached him for 7 years.

Talked about safety in youth hockey.

Tyson Barrie's version of the Avs plan: "Budget in place but we are a team with a great young core"... "Trying to keep the pieces in place to bring us to the next level. Trying to get cups"

Very excited to play in an outdoor game

Talking about most difficult sport: hockey for sure, but Tyson gives the PC media answer "all are difficult in their own ways" blah blah

Then the star wars spoiler

I probably missed a couple of things - I'm at work also.
Many thanks.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I was wondering this as well. We really dont see him enter the offensive zone with that kind of speed much anymore.

Honestly, I think Mack is suffering from the same thing Duchene was suffering from for a while this year. I just dont think he has the confidence in himself right now. Gripping his stick a little to hard, trying to simplify his game to much, etc.

I dont think we've seen Mack rush the puck up yet this season like he was during that entire playoff series. I think it's either that he's lost his confidence right now, or that Roy is trying to get him to understand how to play the game in a different way, perhaps focusing on his two way play right now instead of all offense.

This is also how Dutch was in his 3rd year in the league. Mack is big and skilled enough to take it hard to the paint and he doesnt do it enough. I have no worries he will figure it out soon.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Oh man that Playoff goal from Mackinnon. Damn the Pepsi Center just blew up when he scored that.

**** I hope we find a way to make playoffs this year. Even if we lose in the first round, I just want to see playoff hockey again for the Avs, just love the atmosphere of those games.

Best goal I've ever seen live. Live playoff hockey is just such and experience.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's unfortunate Tanguay is on that line but I'm happy MacKinnon and Landeskog are back together. That's what I've wanted for some time now.

Wonder how many times McDavid/Hall are going to blow right by Holden. He's so bad right now. Back to looking like the guy who should either be #6 on the depth chart or in the press box.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Is Martinsen really that much better than Everberg? I seem to recall Everberg was able to carry the puck 3-4 strides without bobbling it. Not to mention Everberg can kill penalties and makes smart decisions most of the time with the puck. I miss Everberg.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Feel bad for Soda, doesn't get a "skilled" player to play with, heading up to Edmonton tomorrow for the game from Calgary!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Haha Soderberg has such a Soderberg autograph

$_57.JPG

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
If we don't get four points against these two bottom feeders, then it pretty much seal the deal in my book. I mean not impossible with the way we played the Nucks the last time, but God damn it I watched the Canucks tonight and they are so terrible it's unbelievable. Should be easy four points for a team battling for playoffs positioning.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If we don't get four points against these two bottom feeders, then it pretty much seal the deal in my book. I mean not impossible with the way we played the Nucks the last time, but God damn it I watched the Canucks tonight and they are so terrible it's unbelievable. Should be easy four points for a team battling for playoffs positioning.

If you know anything about the Avs you would know that nothing has ever come easy to this franchise lol. We had a dream team in 01' and it still took us till the last game of the season to be champs. Heck if Bryan Smolinski doesnt hit the post in the second period in the second round who knows if Ray ever raises the cup lol I been watching playoff games the last few days.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

You know the Avs. We're likely walking out of this two-game stretch with 1 point from an overtime loss, if that. Two bottom feeders = an insane struggle for Colorado.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004

You should "prepare yourself".
Nothing comes easy with this team, and you never know "which one" will show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad