Pre-Game Talk: Week of Whatever (CAR, NJ, OTT)

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Currently at 123 goals for, averaging 1.92 a game in 64 games, IF they keep that average they'd end up with 158 goals (rounded up).

That probably seems about right, I don't see them scoring more than their average, but I think they won't drop much further than what is basically rock bottom for an NHL team.

To have 140 or less they would have to average less than 1 goals a game the rest of the season.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Also fun fact - if they somehow manage to score 10 (or less) goals the rest of the season, they would tie (or break) the record for fewest goals in a (whole) NHL season.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Currently at 123 goals for, averaging 1.92 a game in 64 games, IF they keep that average they'd end up with 158 goals (rounded up).

That probably seems about right, I don't see them scoring more than their average, but I think they won't drop much further than what is basically rock bottom for an NHL team.

To have 140 or less they would have to average less than 1 goals a game the rest of the season.

OK, but what is their avg goals per game for the past 32 games or so? That's more relevant in regard to the skid they're on.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
OK, but what is their avg goals per game for the past 32 games or so? That's more relevant in regard to the skid they're on.

Over the last 32 games, 58 goals for an average of 1.81 and at that rate if the played at the same average they would end with 156 goals rounded up, so not a big difference.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Over the last 32 games, 58 goals for an average of 1.81 and at that rate if the played at the same average they would end with 156 goals rounded up, so not a big difference.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the suckage was worse in the past 32 games than it was in the first 32. Guess not so much...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
18 games left, I'm going to predict we get shut out in 5 of those games.

We'll also lose 5 of those games (don't have to be the shut out games) by 5+ goals. This team will get blown to smithereens to finish out the season

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yesterday was the first time I didn't watch an Avs game while being free of commitments. That's I down I am with this team. I don't think I'll ever be able to switch team because I'm too much of an Avs fan but boy oh boy am I sick of this year. Please bring up some kids to give us something to grab on to. Throw us a bone at least.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yesterday was the first time I didn't watch an Avs game while being free of commitments. That's I down I am with this team. I don't think I'll ever be able to switch team because I'm too much of an Avs fan but boy oh boy am I sick of this year. Please bring up some kids to give us something to grab on to. Throw us a bone at least.

I love hockey and the Avs too much for this to happen. I had absolutely nothing going on yesterday and I still decided to watch the game in it's entirety. Ditto the Jets game.

It's depressing.

I'm feeling good about this week. I think we score 2 goals in one of these games. We lose all 3 naturally but we will score 2 goals in one of these games.

Lol high hopes

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don't understand why these players are so down in the dumps considering they've all been on paid vacation for the past 5 months

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't understand why these players are so down in the dumps considering they've all been on paid vacation for the past 5 months

They are publicly humiliated and are ripped of any shred of remaining dignity on a nightly basis. At some point human existence isn't about money. Their reputations and careers will be forever scarred by this. T

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Accurate image of me when I opened up the thread and saw Bubbas avatar pic.

giphy.gif

With the way the Avs have been playing and the decreasing care level of everyone on the team, it seems like such a huge mountain to climb to even get to 20 wins this season.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I was joking of course, but yes. What Sakic and Roy have done to this organization and, most importantly, it's players is unforgivable. The scars they've caused will show indefinitely

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
They are publicly humiliated and are ripped of any shred of remaining dignity on a nightly basis. At some point human existence isn't about money. Their reputations and careers will be forever scarred by this. T

Which is exactly the reason I would have thought these players would be putting in a little bit more effort. Their careers will be tainted to some degree because of this season, screw winning...play for your dignity, though. And players like Mitchell, wouldn't you think they would care enough to try and get a new contract with another team next year? If I'm the GM of other teams, I'm not looking at any of these Avalanche outcasts in FA.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not going to let these players off the hook and just blame management. Being a bad team that isn't competing for a playoff spot can be attributed to management but the players took it to another level by quitting. They only have themselves to blame for what's happening right now night after night. It's not too surprising though, the HC and the players also quit for the last 10 or so games last season as well.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I love hockey and the Avs too much for this to happen. I had absolutely nothing going on yesterday and I still decided to watch the game in it's entirety. Ditto the Jets game.

It's depressing.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna stop watching them. I just needed a mental break from this **** show. Compher and Rant will keep me watching for now. I'd like to say Mack as well but unfortunately the way he has been playing this year concerns me a bit. That's why I want kids to come up and add some fire in this group. Greer fighting Gelinas actually is refreshing. It shows he is disgusted with some of the guys' play.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna stop watching them. I just needed a mental break from this **** show. Compher and Rant will keep me watching for now. I'd like to say Mack as well but unfortunately the way he has been playing this year concerns me a bit. That's why I want kids to come up and add some fire in this group. Greer fighting Gelinas actually is refreshing. It shows he is disgusted with some of the guys' play.

Wait, what?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad