Pre-Game Talk: Week of "We need our wingers back" - VGK & ARI

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm starting to get a bit concerned about Bednars strategy to ride Grubauer until the wheels fall off.

We should probably give Varly a start, or we might end up in the playoffs with one goalie who is worn out, and another one who hasn't played in weeks.

We all know how Varly is when he doesn't get consistent starts.

Gruabuer was visibly pissed last game.
Considering that we really can't F up any games right now, I say we play Grubauer as much as he is comfortable with. I would rather end up in the playoffs with one goalie who is worn out and another one who hasn't played in weeks, than miss the entire show by a point or two.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
It depends on how far you can get away from the city. The zoo is pretty wicked place if you want to stay in, but if you've seen one zoo the better chance you've seen pretty much every zoo. I believe you might be at the beginning time for wildflower season, rent a car and go up into the mountains if that is the case. Just before you do, Google wildflower blooming in Colorado because different areas have different times (some start in April, most in June/July, and even in August).

5 Colorado Wildflower Hikes | Colorado.com
A Guide to Colorado's Spectacular Wildflower Season | 5280

With how much snow we've gotten this year, I wouldn't expect wildflower season to start in early April. I'd anticipate a lot of hiking trails the next two months to be either a posthole nightmare (higher elevations) or a mudpit (lower elevations). You might be able to find some dry hikes in the flatlands near Boulder or south of Denver.

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is a pretty cool spot, as is the Botanic Gardens. If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Nederland and Estes Park are fun towns to spend a day in, but like I said before, it's not the best time for hiking up there. Colorado Springs has Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds.

Skiing season is still in full swing, and the conditions have been great this season. Most of the nearest resorts will still be open (A Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Eldora, Winter Park). Skiing obviously isn't cheap though.

Reactions: S E P H

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I bet Varly gets one of the STL/EDM games

Actually, I’d be very very surprised if he didn’t...

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm starting to get a bit concerned about Bednars strategy to ride Grubauer until the wheels fall off.

We should probably give Varly a start, or we might end up in the playoffs with one goalie who is worn out, and another one who hasn't played in weeks.

We all know how Varly is when he doesn't get consistent starts.

Gruabuer was visibly pissed last game.

And a mackinnon that has been thoroughly overplayed as well.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Considering that we really can't F up any games right now, I say we play Grubauer as much as he is comfortable with. I would rather end up in the playoffs with one goalie who is worn out and another one who hasn't played in weeks, than miss the entire show by a point or two.
Obviously, but if we can secure a spot in the next couple games, I hope Bednar gives Grubauer some rest, assuming he's going to be our starter. They might go with Varlamov. It wouldn't surprise me.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
It depends on how far you can get away from the city. The zoo is pretty wicked place if you want to stay in, but if you've seen one zoo the better chance you've seen pretty much every zoo. I believe you might be at the beginning time for wildflower season, rent a car and go up into the mountains if that is the case. Just before you do, Google wildflower blooming in Colorado because different areas have different times (some start in April, most in June/July, and even in August).

5 Colorado Wildflower Hikes | Colorado.com
A Guide to Colorado's Spectacular Wildflower Season | 5280

Love this idea! Could get behind it for sure.

I keep coming across this wildlife sanctuary outside of Denver, maybe 25 miles? Any good?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What's with all the tweet deleting today? Getting kind of annoying. Not that we are nervous already ...

It said Rantanen is in a non-contact jersey but apparently Clark might've confused him with Kamenev, who is on the ice today.

The return we've all been waiting for.......

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
One thing you have to love is that this team is fighting for a spot and playing for it rather than just backing into it like they have in the past. Even if they miss, which is purely a depth thing and poor goaltending mid season, atleast they're fighting and showing growth through the end of the season.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Season over for him so why would he?
Confused-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-25.gif

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Matt Nieto ain't gonna take us to the playoffs. But good to have him back anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad