Pre-Game Talk: Week of "We need our wingers back" - VGK & ARI

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Vegas and St. Louis are significantly better hockey clubs than us. I don’t expect to win either of those games. San Jose and Winnipeg are too but I’m hoping for them to not completely show up based on how meaningless those games will be to them.

We need to be Arizona. We need to beat Edmonton. Just find a way to get 2-4 points from the other 4 games and I think we’re good.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Definitely want a Chicago win tonight. I’m not worried about them.

The remaining schedule (especially us playing Arizona and Arizona playing Minnesota) basically means the Hawks will have to win out to have a chance.

Plus the way they have been playing the last week and a half, good luck chi-town.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Vegas and St. Louis are significantly better hockey clubs than us. I don’t expect to win either of those games. San Jose and Winnipeg are too but I’m hoping for them to not completely show up based on how meaningless those games will be to them.

We need to be Arizona. We need to beat Edmonton. Just find a way to get 2-4 points from the other 4 games and I think we’re good.
Martin Jones can lose them a game by himself.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

giphy.gif

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Rantanen is not coming back anytime soon, it makes very little sense to me why we are continuing the 11 forward/7 defensemen lineup, with Graves playing 5 minutes per game. (I am assuming that Bednar is continuing with this approach, I have not heard anything different).

Also, if Rantanen was dealing with broken ribs, I doubt he would be returning by the end of the regular season (or even the first round of the playoffs, if the Avs make it). I don't believe that he is dealing with broken ribs.

Reactions: Avs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hate media people lol. That's a huge difference.
Yep. Especially the context. The clowns interviewing were asking in a way that they were hoping Mikko was close to ready and Bednar chuckled and said “he’s not there yet”.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd love to know who on the Avs called them and told them to delete it. I know they didn't have the self-awareness to delete it themselves.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
What a ****ing moron. Why would he even tweet that?

I listened to the interview this morning, and Vic was one of the people interviewing. He obviously misinterpreted Bednar's answer, I highly doubt he was trying to mislead. Cousin Eddie is right, he said "he's not there yet." Still disappointing because I thought there was a good chance Rants would be back for Vegas, but it didn't sound long-term if I'm reading between the lines.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Random, but I’ll be in Denver for the final two home games next week.

Live in CT so only second time coming out. Any suggestions for things to do around the city would be MUCH appreicated!

My wife and I did the whole red rocks thing last time, some tours, etc. Would love any feedback on other cool spots to hit.

Oh and yeah let’s win both of these this week.
It depends on how far you can get away from the city. The zoo is pretty wicked place if you want to stay in, but if you've seen one zoo the better chance you've seen pretty much every zoo. I believe you might be at the beginning time for wildflower season, rent a car and go up into the mountains if that is the case. Just before you do, Google wildflower blooming in Colorado because different areas have different times (some start in April, most in June/July, and even in August).

5 Colorado Wildflower Hikes | Colorado.com
A Guide to Colorado's Spectacular Wildflower Season | 5280

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
The word that I heard after the Dallas game from Rantanen's inner circle was that nothing is broken but he might still miss the rest of the Regular season.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm starting to get a bit concerned about Bednars strategy to ride Grubauer until the wheels fall off.

We should probably give Varly a start, or we might end up in the playoffs with one goalie who is worn out, and another one who hasn't played in weeks.

We all know how Varly is when he doesn't get consistent starts.

Gruabuer was visibly pissed last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad