Pre-Game Talk: Week of Wandering (@NYI, @NJ, @NYR, @MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Varly should play vs Minnesota on Saturday and if he plays well enough and gives us a chance to win, play him Monday vs Minny as well. However if he ***** the bed, play Berra on Monday.

I don't even want to see Vezina Varly, though it wouldn't hurt. I just want to see a consistent Varly

I'd rather see Berra on Saturday. I'm afraid Varly's confidence against Minny is very low and because right now he is good one game and bad in the next one it's better to give him a little shelter. If we manage to beat Wild on Saturday with Berra it should be easier work for Varly on Monday.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I think if we beat Minnesota twice, it could potentially turn around our entire season big time ! It would give the team some much needed confidence for the rest of the season and they'd be on a 4 game winning streak, which isn't too shabby in today's league :D .

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Hard to believe we're only 7 points out of third place in the Central.

It feels like we should be behind by double that.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Hard to believe we're only 7 points out of third place in the Central.

It feels like we should be behind by double that.

We have only played 9 times againts Western teams (5-4-0) and 17 againts Eastern teams (6-10-1) so we have given up only 8 points to Western teams compared to whopping 22 points for Eastern teams. Our suckiness has only benefitted East. Againts Central we are 3-1-0 so this season ain't over yet.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The next game against Minny starts a big stretch for the Avs.

Minny x2, Pittsburgh, Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago.

Colorado is 7 points behind all three of Minnesota, Nashville, and Chicago.:popcorn:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
^^^

looks pretty rough on paper. if it goes well, maybe they can claw their way back into the race.

Should be a very telling part of the schedule, those are all teams we love to play against though. Meaning we usually play up a level against those guys.

That includes Minny, but they need to break the curse against them.

Then there is Varlamonster, guess it all really depends on if last nights game was an indication hes capable of turning it around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If only the Avs would have finished off the win to start the season... :cry:

This is the do or die moment of the season coming up. These 9 games before Christmas are going to be vitally important.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nashville Predators netminder Pekka Rinne is regarded as one goaltenders of the best in the world, and that’s why it’s so odd that he’s been able to win just one of his past six starts while posting a goals-against average of 2.87 and an ugly .869 save percentage.

So we're not the only ones with the star goaltender hickups. I didn't know Rinne was having that kind of a stretch lately.

Just reminds me that these guys have some seriously off stretches sometimes.

It's been an eventful couple of weeks for Lundqvist. On December 4, he signed a contract extension that will make him the highest-paid goalie in the NHL. (It is my sincere hope that the toughest stretch of my professional career involves someone agreeing to give me $59.5 million.) But no matter his salary, Lundqvist hasn't had much to be happy with on the ice this season. His 2.60 goals-against average through 24 games is the highest of his career, and his .913 save percentage is among his lowest. Lundqvist has been a Vezina finalist five times (winning the award once), but this year, 25 goaltenders are ahead of him on the goals-against average leaderboard.

There is another excerpt from right after Hank signed his huge contract.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd argue a big difference with Rinne is that he is breaking down and can't handle the big workload anymore.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope Mackinnon isn't obstructed by that shot to the foot he took. I know he had a final shift last night but he looked like he was in a lot of pain on the bench.

Just beat the Wild, and please let McLeod do something awesome while doing it. I'll have to temporarily re-follow Russo just to enjoy all the whining.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I would love to see the Avs just dominate in the Central this season and even if we continue to be mediocre against the rest of the league, imagine we end up something like 20-5-4 against the Central and everyone will just be left scratching their heads.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I would love to see the Avs just dominate in the Central this season and even if we continue to be mediocre against the rest of the league, imagine we end up something like 20-5-4 against the Central and everyone will just be left scratching their heads.

If we even remotely come close to that, we'll likely be high enough in the standings the head scratching would come from our overall performance.

Nice thought though lol

I'd argue a big difference with Rinne is that he is breaking down and can't handle the big workload anymore.

Could be, but isn't 33 a little early to be breaking down?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lots of goalies breakdown in their early 30s, and he has had knee and hip injuries over the past 5 or so years.

Wow I didn't realize Rinne was already 33 years old, he's only been in the NHL full-time for 7 years. Frans Nielsen syndrome lol given I had no idea Nielsen was turning 32 this year

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wow I didn't realize Rinne was already 33 years old, he's only been in the NHL full-time for 7 years. Frans Nielsen syndrome lol given I had no idea Nielsen was turning 32 this year

I guess not everyone can be Dwayne Roloson Tampa Bay style.

It's funny how you forget Rinne is already 33, but it seems like Luongo should be in his 40s lol. But hes 36...

He was old when he was on Vancouver then. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad