Pre-Game Talk: Week of Wandering (@NYI, @NJ, @NYR, @MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Another long week on the road with 4 games this week including a b2b. Might not be a lot of news this week, just go straight into games but thought I'd get this up anyway.

Tanguay and Mitchell might return this week. On the broadcast last night they said Mitchell is closer.

We'll see if Berra gets a start too. He probably should in Jersey, they second half of the b2b

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Guessing 4 points...NYI - L, NJ - W, NYR - W, Min - L

Very difficult week, they're gonna have to play like they did yesterday to win some games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Calling it right now, if this team beats Minnesota the season is going to turn around, but if they lose to Minnesota in typical Minnesota-loss fashion, they're all going to be so defeated that it'll suck the life out of them the remainder of the year

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
I need a win against Minnesota. lets say they go 2-2 but lose to Minnesota. I rather have 1-3 and win against Minnesota.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Calling it right now, if this team beats Minnesota the season is going to turn around, but if they lose to Minnesota in typical Minnesota-loss fashion, they're all going to be so defeated that it'll suck the life out of them the remainder of the year

I've said they are mentally immature but I dont think quite THAT fragile. Maybe if they blow a 3 goal lead again.

Last edited:

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
It's sweet if they finally put a longer winning streak together. I would love to see they sweep tjis road trip and then add another one agisnt Wild at home. It would make 6 game winning streak and give them 29 points on December 7th. Probably still outside Wild Card spot but much closer than now. So please AVS give us 6-game winning streak!

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I've said they are mentally immature but I dont think quite THAT fragile. Maybe if they blow a 3 goal lead again.

Didn't Roy said the other day (last week) that they still had the first loss of the season on their mind, and it was hurting them? I think they are THAT fragile.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is there a better line than 92-29-9 in the entire league? I never really thought about it until now but I doubt very much that there is. Sure it leads the rest of our team pretty weak looking but it's exciting to have such a strong top line.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Is there a better line than 92-29-9 in the entire league? I never really thought about it until now but I doubt very much that there is. Sure it leads the rest of our team pretty weak looking but it's exciting to have such a strong top line.

I would say any line that has Patrick Kane.

But i'm very happy with ours.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Didn't Roy said the other day (last week) that they still had the first loss of the season on their mind, and it was hurting them? I think they are THAT fragile.

Yes but that's not exactly like suffering a regular loss against them that will impact them for the next 5 months either.

Seguin and Benn is probably the best line but I agree it's neat to have ours.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Seguin Benn

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Didn't know where to put this but, Zach Redmond has now finally played a "full NHL season".

82 games. 7 goals. 22 assists. 29 points.

Ranks 13th(!) for Points/60 in 5vs5 amongst the 229 defenseman who has played over 1000 minutes between 2012-2016. Just above PK Subban.
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201216&sit=5v5&type=individual&teamid=0&pos=defense&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

I don't know if he is ready for a bigger role like the numbers suggest he might be. But he is certainly a damn fine 5-6th guy to have.

CVBduWMWEAARowq.jpg:large

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Redmond should get some more pp time for sure. I also think he's a quality bottom pairing guy but nothing more. I'd definitely have him in over Stuart and Guenin but that isn't news to anyone on here who has followed my opinion.

He's easily the best passing D on the team.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Win against NYI
OT/SO loss to NJD
Loss to NYR
Loss to Min

Going with 3 points out of a possible 8.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011

Benn seguin sharp

Maybe?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I still don't get it with Redmond. He's fine but seems like his blunders get glossed over a lot more than say Holden's do.

I guess it comes down to what kind of mistakes you are more prone to accept.

Personally I'm more willing to accept blunders from players who actually have an upside that comes along with it. Holden doesn't. That's annoying. (But I think Holden is a serviceable 6-7th guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad